Mount Carmel BMA approves $7,000 for ...

Mount Carmel BMA approves $7,000 for new City Hall message sign

There are 3 comments on the Kingsport Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Mount Carmel BMA approves $7,000 for new City Hall message sign. In it, Kingsport Times reports that:

The Mount Carmel Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted 5-2 Tuesday to spend no more than $7,000 for a new message board sign to be installed at the front of City Hall for announcing upcoming events.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kingsport Times.

higher taxes

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
$7,000 would patch a lot of pot holes. Nobody cares about when they are having city meetings and if kids want to sign up for recreation they will find out without a sign. A waste of money.
Taxpayer2

Kingsport, TN

#2 May 10, 2013
The sign should tell everything they're doing to us. Like not allowing us to park on our city streets in subdivisions. If we park in front of our house we get a ticket. Don't they have more to worry about. How about lowering sewer rates, cleaning snowy roads in a timely manner, protecting our citizens from weirdos that prey on kids.What a joke! But, they're will be another election.
Fred

Chicago, IL

#3 May 29, 2013
The citizens of Mt. Carmel should all go to go to city hall and demand that the mayor resign we should take our town back. It is ridiculous that we pay $100 a month for our water bill. Multiply that times the amount of homes in the city. My family also lives in Church Hill, their water bill runs them $50 even watering their flowers and all. I have stopped spending my money in this town I go to Church Hill or kingsport to buy stuff I need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nhk 46 min JustMyOpinion 22
Excited About Amazon Hiring? Think Again (Sep '12) 10 hr bezos isaphag 96
Review: Thor Sport Farm South Sat FLA ANIMAL LOVER 4
thorsport farm Sat floridaladybug 1
Debate: Marijuana - Murfreesboro, TN (Aug '10) Aug 27 Alex 93
Fools in Forrest Hall Aug 27 MistaMista 2
Where can I find a reasonably priced Chinese bu... Aug 26 Hungry 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smyrna Mortgages