Police: Smyrna mother, son charged in death of man

Jul 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKRN

Police in Smyrna say a mother and son have been arrested in the death of a man whose body was found at a central Tennessee boat ramp.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2013
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

It was pure self defense... Trust me.
howdoyouknow

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

iknow wrote:
It was pure self defense... Trust me.
What makes you say that?
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

He was beating her. Imagine someone beating your mom all the time.
Old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

And at the same time...she continued to stay with him for years and years. Whether it was self defense, it still does not justify taking someone's life. If was self defense, why did they work so diligently to cover it up?
howdoyouknow

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Old friend wrote:
And at the same time...she continued to stay with him for years and years. Whether it was self defense, it still does not justify taking someone's life. If was self defense, why did they work so diligently to cover it up?
I was going to ask the same question about the cover up
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

They didn't work hard to cover it up. It happened, they freaked out and.wanted it all to go away. If one of your children walked in and saw you getting your ass beat and he tried to protect you, what would you do? would you be mad at your child for accidentally pulling the trigger for just trying to save you? No. no parent in their right mind would be mad at their child. They both feel horrible about the situation. She is a nervous wreck and remember, Ryan us only 20. He gave up his freedom so his mom would be okay. He was terrified of him... he didn't intentionally shoot him. they are not bad people at all. They're human and made a mistake. But you have to put yourselves on their shoes. A mother lost her boyfriend, son, and.freedom all st once.. Prayers go out to both families.
Justice

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

None you have any knowledge of anything. Shut up!
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

There was plenty of times where I thought about killing my stepdad when I saw him beating my mom. Yes, the mom stayed with him and continued getting her ass beat, she could handle it, but Ryan couldn't. Imagine seeing the woman who raised you getting hit and disrespected everyday... What would you do?
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I do have knowledge of it. Trust me.
Saddened

Fort Washington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

iknow wrote:
They didn't work hard to cover it up. It happened, they freaked out and.wanted it all to go away. If one of your children walked in and saw you getting your ass beat and he tried to protect you, what would you do? would you be mad at your child for accidentally pulling the trigger for just trying to save you? No. no parent in their right mind would be mad at their child. They both feel horrible about the situation. She is a nervous wreck and remember, Ryan us only 20. He gave up his freedom so his mom would be okay. He was terrified of him... he didn't intentionally shoot him. they are not bad people at all. They're human and made a mistake. But you have to put yourselves on their shoes. A mother lost her boyfriend, son, and.freedom all st once.. Prayers go out to both families.
I cannot say what I would do in a situation such as this because I would never put myself in this situation. I am just saddened that someone had to lose their life for a situation that could have been handled by authorities, if given the chance (and if the allegations of abuse are true). Rightfully so, the actions of the child and mother should never be condoned as that is giving the right of any person that has an altercation with another human being to take his/her life.

And as far as covering up the murder, yes they did. They took time to dismember his body and transport it to West Fork in hopes of it being blamed on someone else. Hence the couple being charged for abuse of a corpse. How could anyone that is not psychotic in the first place dismember another human's body?!

Im also wondering why a 20 year old child, who has been charged for unlawful possession of firearms in the past, has access to a weapon to take someone's life. Obviously he has been in trouble in the past, so he shouldnt have any trouble spending the rest of his life in jail.
family first

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

They did not dismember the body!!! And yeah when he was younger he got caught with a firearm which wasn't his, but he took the charges for it. He loves his mom. Yes, he made a mistake, but who are you to judge? He's a good kid who grew up with a difficult life. She was terrified. They both were. What kind of mom would rat out her child? None. So before you say stuff make sure you state the facts. Christina is going through alot and poor Ryan lost his life in this situation too for standing up to his moms boyfriend. He didn't mean to shoot him, it just happened. Leave them alone!
family first

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot say what I would do in a situation such as this because I would never put myself in this situation. I am just saddened that someone had to lose their life for a situation that could have been handled by authorities, if given the chance (and if the allegations of abuse are true). Rightfully so, the actions of the child and mother should never be condoned as that is giving the right of any person that has an altercation with another human being to take his/her life.
And as far as covering up the murder, yes they did. They took time to dismember his body and transport it to West Fork in hopes of it being blamed on someone else. Hence the couple being charged for abuse of a corpse. How could anyone that is not psychotic in the first place dismember another human's body?!
Im also wondering why a 20 year old child, who has been charged for unlawful possession of firearms in the past, has access to a weapon to take someone's life. Obviously he has been in trouble in the past, so he shouldnt have any trouble spending the rest of his life in jail.
they didn't dismember the body. Get your facts straight.
lakerfan

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

This is a sad story where nobody wins. My thoughts are with all involved.
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

It is really sad. not only was 1 life lost, but 3. I really hope they don't give him a life sentence though... He doesn't deserve this at all. No one does.
howdoyouknow

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

I don't know any of these people but it is hard to believe that Steven was beating the hell out of her when she doesn't have one mark on her face in her mugshot. Also will you please make up your mind? He couldn't have shot him to defend his Mom and also shot him by accident. I also admit that her last post on facebook kinda makes me sick after what they did.
iknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

What did it say? And btw that was her license picture, not mugshot. And he was defending his mom by trying to scare him with the gun and it went off. I'm sure he didn't kill him on purpose. Not taking sides, just trying to shed light on the situation.
howdoyouknow

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

I have seen the mugshot as well.
free ryan my first

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

I know ryan personally and he would never ever do something like this on purpose he did have a troubling childhood. And a terrible past with the charges he caught....he was being young and dumb but he has grown up a lot since then u can not judge someone because of what they done in the past we all have our pasts he was doing so well trying to get his life back in order...and yes he did tell me plenty of times his boyfriend beats his mom and they didn't get along because of it.....so everyone who has something negative to say needs to know the people personally and if they don't keep their thoughts to them selfs......my prayers are with you ryan and ryan mom...
free ryan my first

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

iknow wrote:
I know ryan he was my first love...and we have been talking I am just now finding out about this...please explain to me...I sent him a letter I can't wait for him to send me one before I find out
crckrjck96

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

free ryan my first wrote:
<quoted text>I know ryan he was my first love...and we have been talking I am just now finding out about this...please explain to me...I sent him a letter I can't wait for him to send me one before I find out
If they have a true self defense case or reckless homicide the mother and sons life are not ruined. They will get off or minor sentence if true

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min BAS 144,612
Dear Ashley Todd : 1 hr Air_Force1 5
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 6 hr TheRealZeke 9,255
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) 9 hr Optimistic 1,240
New store in Providence 17 hr Mlgriff6 2
Deforestation on Independence Ave. Tue cancer grows 8
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Tue doe resident 8,608

Search the Smyrna Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Smyrna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••