Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee

May 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business Journal

Online retail giant Amazon.com is kicking off the broad hiring push necessary to fill 1,000 jobs at distribution sites in Middle Tennessee.

Comments (Page 60)

Showing posts 1,181 - 1,200 of1,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Amazon again

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Whoa wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/ 2012-03-19/amazon-acquires-kiv a-systems-in-second-biggest-ta keover.html
Whoa what? This happened last year the article is dated from last year,. Nothing new.
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Amazon again wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa what? This happened last year the article is dated from last year,. Nothing new.
Nothing new indeed, just the same old status quo from the big giant corporations treatment of its workers.

With the buyout of Kiva Systems the robots will soon be the go getters.
shocked

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

A lot of people are starting to quit now. Especially the pickers. But I think that's the way Amazon wants it. because you can't pick at a high rate and not fall apart. I mean if you work anywhere other than picking you have it made. But once you're a picker they won't let you do anything else unless you are slow then they send you to pack or stow.
very true

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I agree. I work in stow and I see how the pickers have it so hard. They are the saddest, most tired, poor looking things I've saw. So many of them get hurt. Amazon needs to start moving them around instead of running them to death like a dead horse.
challenger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

If murfreesboro thinks picking is rough,I would challenge anyone in picking to work at a non-sort in packing.
bornANDraisedher e

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

The online application is not complicated & they don't make you scan your diploma. They request for you to bring your diploma to your interview. As far as the $13/hr starting out pay, that's only true if you are offered a Tier 3 position. Otherwise, they start out paying Tier 1 positions at $11/hr for day shift & 11.50/hr for night shift.
bornANDraisedher e

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Where is wrote:
Where is Amazon located at in Lebanon?
Just off hwy 840...address is 500 Duke Drive, Gladeville, TN 37090
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

It's like a revolving door with people....This company doesn't care for NOTHING but profit!
Whoa

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130406/BU...

This is a lie! Who is making a median income of $16.50 per hour?

Defiantly not me!
lol

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

16.50 an hour!?!?!?!?!? lolololololol
Anonymous

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Just like they tried to say in the all hands a few months ago...They say we make a "median" of that much because they are including our monthly bonuses, stocks, etc. I don't think there are any tier 1's or tier 3's making that much, unless they have been with Amazon for several years!
nope

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

None of us have stock yet, only AM's, etc have stock. Very few of you guys make up that 1100 number that make a lowly 11 an hour. And the monthly bonuses of 20 to 40 bucks lol... math is not adding up. but watch out folks!!! that big .25cent raise is coming up!! That's why so many people are starting to quit and get better paying jobs elsewhere.
Whoa

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

This place is a JOKE!
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

nope wrote:
None of us have stock yet, only AM's, etc have stock. Very few of you guys make up that 1100 number that make a lowly 11 an hour. And the monthly bonuses of 20 to 40 bucks lol... math is not adding up. but watch out folks!!! that big .25cent raise is coming up!! That's why so many people are starting to quit and get better paying jobs elsewhere.
You must have recently started working at BNA3..all of the original BNA1 tier 1's are making at least $11.75/hr now. We will all have access to our stocks when our 2yr anniversary comes around.
how much

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

im only making 11.25 after i got my raise. only night shift makes 11.75 and i guess the weekenders are up to 12 now. but our top out is no where near 16, heck pa top out isnt even that high.
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

how much wrote:
im only making 11.25 after i got my raise. only night shift makes 11.75 and i guess the weekenders are up to 12 now. but our top out is no where near 16, heck pa top out isnt even that high.
Honey, you must have just been hired back in September/October or you got converted to full time over the summer through SMX. From my understanding, weekend shift folks do not make more $ hourly than any other shift. Wouldn't it be funny if we figured out who each other were at work? lol :) I refuse to let it be known on this website....
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

how much wrote:
And night shift gets $.50 more per hour for the "shift differential" pay because NO ONE likes working nights. The people are way more laid back but of course the hours suck!
Bald Man

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

If anyone ever gets hurt here and needs to see a Doctor. Please do yourself a favor and pick Dr. Glynn, he seems to care. Don't pick Dr. Johnson because you will most likely see Chernowitz instead and, don't pick Dr. Hazelwood either. The internet is your friend about the last two doctors.
well

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Nights are laid back?!?! It's not worth the extra 50 cents to work nights. Days don't do anything, and that extra 50 cents doesn't really make up that much of a difference. I did nights for a while in pick and then switched to days, it's like a whole different company! I love working there now

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,181 - 1,200 of1,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Smyrna Discussions

Search the Smyrna Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Julia 123,909
Warn Ashley Todd/Todd Family About Stl-Mo Murde... 3 hr Reply2_CIA 9
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 6 hr NTMD8OR 58,240
mccormick trucking cmpany (Feb '10) 8 hr kevin 72
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) 16 hr offline guy 1,160
Moving to Smyrna, could I get some advice? 17 hr Reply2_CIA 5
Gill: Smyrna won't raise taxes 18 hr alan lewis 1
•••
•••
•••
Smyrna Dating

more search filters

less search filters