Neighbors support Islamic Center

Neighbors support Islamic Center

There are 306 comments on the The Chattanooga Times Free Press story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Neighbors support Islamic Center. In it, The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that:

Neighborliness may have made the difference between the calm that accompanied the building of the Islamic Center of Greater Chattanooga and the furor that arose over a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chattanooga Times Free Press.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#83 Feb 11, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
Christianity is not false!! We have much recorded history and there are experts/professors and professional people that says you are a liar and can prove that our GOD is the one and only god..What can you say about your existance?? One day you will stand before GOD and you be sure to tell him he is garbage!!
Then they should show their proof and win a nobel prize! Stop spreading your bronze age myths here.

Location hidden

#84 Feb 11, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>They all know that Jesus is a well estblished figure in world history and, in fact, the most famous one.
I suspect he will have lost his power of speech at that time so as to be unable to express his opinion of God,an opinion that will have drastically changed. Imagine the thoughts of his heart when he meets God!
There is no real evidence Jesus ever existed. All you have is second/third hand accounts written decades after he supposedly lived.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#85 Feb 12, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no real evidence Jesus ever existed. All you have is second/third hand accounts written decades after he supposedly lived.
no Bible

try harder
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#86 Feb 12, 2013
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing that makes Bird BARF is you ALF LIARS
try harder

no Bible from chickmanure
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#87 Feb 12, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
try harder
no Bible from chickmanure
NO Bible here from "DH"

“God Save America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#88 Feb 15, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but also believe that the god of islam is a demonic power, bent on destruction.
I agree because Islam stems from evil and has nothing good in it.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#89 Feb 15, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is absolutely untrue, based on a lack of historical knowledge. There is more written about Jesus in history than any other historical figure. Where did you learn your history—from the ignorance of Islam and the illiterate Muhammad? Jesus’ presence on earth in the first century is well documented in that time period by many witnesses, not just Christians. The fact he existed is documented by Roman historians, the famous Jewish historian Josephus, and those of other nationalities. His existence has most certainly been proven beyond all doubt, so you are making a fool of yourself in denying his existence.
Buy yourself some history books untainted by the ignorance of Islam.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#90 Feb 15, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they should show their proof and win a nobel prize! Stop spreading your bronze age myths here.
You’re the one spreading myths here. You are so gullible as to believe the myth of Islam, a religion created by an evil man who did nothing but evil to his fellow man. He was so vile as to let his thug kill Asma' b. Marwan in a ghastly manner, according to some records, while she was feeding her baby with her other children around her, and the monster felt no remorse. Why would anyone want to worship such an evil man?
HugeManateePatri oticGirl

Murfreesboro, TN

#91 Feb 15, 2013
You plebes are still at it? Get a job, you slackers! Maybe if you focused on working as much as you do hating other religions, you could hold down a job!

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#92 Feb 16, 2013
HugeManateePatrioticGirl wrote:
You plebes are still at it? Get a job, you slackers! Maybe if you focused on working as much as you do hating other religions, you could hold down a job!

It appears we have here one who imagines she/it knows all our occupations (or lack of them) and assumes she/it can tell us we are lax in doing our jobs! She/it also came to an erroneous conclusion as to why we are in opposition to the depraved religion of Islam, to which she/it possibly belongs or perhaps is an atheist who sneers at all religion.
Allow me to present some possibilities to you, please. Can you not discern between knowledge, wisdom and hate? I can only speak for myself but my reason for my intense dislike of Islam is that it is a religion of the hate, has the most violent, depraved teachings of any religion in existence, and its entire history is one of mass destruction; therefore, it is quite logical and wise to conclude it is a danger to us and our nation. Only a fool would ignore those facts. Those facts compel us to take some kind of action, for if we do nothing but act like sweet little Americans who are fair minded and extend loving welcomes to anyone and anything--- even though the sole intentions of some of them are the total destruction and takeover of our nation and culture--- we will soon become the latest victims of these merciless, hate-filled individuals who torture and bomb us.(Have you forgotten the WTC, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania, and the beheadings of Americans? Remember Daniel Pearl’s head hanging in the hand of the vile Muslim who not only beheaded him but masterminded 9-11?)

These forums are a way for ordinary Americans to discuss these dangers and perhaps encourage some to do something about the situation. For you to judge us as time-wasting slackers is quite rude of you, to say the least. To many, this a way to relieve tension after a hard day of work or a way for some---such as the retired –to keep up to date on the current political events in our world or simply to communicate with other fellow Americans. In addition, it can be educational. If you find these forums a ridiculous waste of time, you can find something else to do with your time; but don’t suppose you have the right to tell us what to do. I feel sure no one will object to your departure if you wish to stop wasting your time and go to work.
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#93 Feb 16, 2013
I do not know what the others do in a day,on here,but I donate my time to a children's agency,take care of a 93 year old woman,take care of my home and husband,help in my community to help others more needy than me,email friends we have all over this country,witness about the TRUE AND ONLY ONE GOD,involved with caring for abused animals...What do you do,HugeManatee??

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#94 Feb 16, 2013
>There is no real evidence Jesus ever existed.

Tertuillian pointed his readers to letters from Pilate which were at Rome.

We actually have more evidence ab't Jesus than we did about Julius Caesar--works about him were written CENTURIES after the fact.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#95 Feb 16, 2013
HugeManateePatrioticGirl wrote:
I'm retired--if we hadn't shipped out 2.5 million jobs more people would be working. But, the conservatives bought into the liberal philosophy of free trade. So, to put it bluntly, we're screwed.
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#96 Feb 16, 2013
How true,dj,how true!!We have seen it down south when we lived in Georgia and Alabama,so I know what I am talking about..There were workers(American citizens)tending to the crops/chicken farms,etc--but they would be let go so the owners could/would hire the illegals so they could work them without good wages,also..We have to do something about the illegals!! They are breaking us as a nation through their lawlessness..

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#97 Feb 16, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I do not know what the others do in a day,on here,but I donate my time to a children's agency,take care of a 93 year old woman,take care of my home and husband,help in my community to help others more needy than me,email friends we have all over this country,witness about the TRUE AND ONLY ONE GOD,involved with caring for abused animals...What do you do,HugeManatee??
I commend you for your many worthwhile endeavors. You do much for your fellowman, more than most. HM probably spends most of her time criticizing us.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#98 Feb 16, 2013
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>I'm retired--if we hadn't shipped out 2.5 million jobs more people would be working. But, the conservatives bought into the liberal philosophy of free trade. So, to put it bluntly, we're screwed.
Well said and true.

Location hidden

#99 Feb 17, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement is absolutely untrue, based on a lack of historical knowledge. There is more written about Jesus in history than any other historical figure. Where did you learn your history—from the ignorance of Islam and the illiterate Muhammad? Jesus’ presence on earth in the first century is well documented in that time period by many witnesses, not just Christians. The fact he existed is documented by Roman historians, the famous Jewish historian Josephus, and those of other nationalities. His existence has most certainly been proven beyond all doubt, so you are making a fool of yourself in denying his existence.
Buy yourself some history books untainted by the ignorance of Islam.
More than any other figure? ROFL thats hilarious.

There are no first hand accounts of him. Only stories written decades to centuries later by passe ddown stories. Josephus never saw the man. He wrote 2 paragraphs about him, both of which are believed forgeries. Josephus wrote pages and pages on common criminals, but a supernatural man-god gets 2 paragraphs. Get out of here!

Location hidden

#100 Feb 17, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You’re the one spreading myths here. You are so gullible as to believe the myth of Islam, a religion created by an evil man who did nothing but evil to his fellow man. He was so vile as to let his thug kill Asma' b. Marwan in a ghastly manner, according to some records, while she was feeding her baby with her other children around her, and the monster felt no remorse. Why would anyone want to worship such an evil man?
I don't believe Islam. It is silly like all other religions. Nothing but superstition.

Location hidden

#101 Feb 17, 2013
djconklin wrote:
>There is no real evidence Jesus ever existed.
Tertuillian pointed his readers to letters from Pilate which were at Rome.
We actually have more evidence ab't Jesus than we did about Julius Caesar--works about him were written CENTURIES after the fact.
Who cares if Caesar existed? All ancient history is unreliable.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#102 Feb 17, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
More than any other figure? ROFL thats hilarious.
There are no first hand accounts of him. Only stories written decades to centuries later by passe ddown stories. Josephus never saw the man. He wrote 2 paragraphs about him, both of which are believed forgeries. Josephus wrote pages and pages on common criminals, but a supernatural man-god gets 2 paragraphs. Get out of here!
You are obviously an ignorant person who only believes what suits his agenda, thus your knowledge of any subject is questionable.
I don’t care what you believe about Jesus but your statements are nothing but lies based on stupidity and selective blindness, a sad state in which to be.

Every history book in the Western world—all legitimate history books—has Jesus documented in them. Only one lacking intelligence would argue that fact. There were hundreds of first hand accounts of him, including that of Pilate who crucified him. Josephus, whom you unjustly malign, was only one of many who acknowledged the existence of Jesus, but there is little point of explaining this to one who denies the truth in spite of a mountain of evidence; therefore, I am not interested in prolonging an argument with an inane one who wouldn’t admit grass is green if Muhammad told him he couldn’t. If you want to continue your life in ignorance, no one is going to care. However, stop wasting my time. I don’t care to debate with children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do gangs and local law enforcement have an unde... 8 hr who is in charge 2
Poll Is OK for Rep Diane Black to build a 20,000 sq.... (May '12) 8 hr sure 19
Vasectomy info (May '15) 15 hr JackMiller 7
Kenneth Hammonds... (Aug '13) 15 hr JackMiller 7
Inconsiderate breeders and their creatures.... Sat what 6
New Building (Jan '13) Sat Barrack Obummy 5
News Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee (May '12) May 26 Georgeg77 1,238
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smyrna Mortgages