Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Smyrna Forum

Comments (Page 3,383)

Showing posts 67,641 - 67,660 of138,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75215
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the important parts that you failed to mention is that Clinton was advocating putting 90% of the Clinton Surplus into Social Security. Had that been done, investing a "small portion" of the Trust Fund would have been no risk at all, even if it had all been lost.
Bush didn't have a "surplus" to take that risk with...he had already squandered the one that Clinton left him!
For the record, when Clinton left office the U.S. was in the early stages of recession and it "officially" began March 1, 2001.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75216
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP has publicly stated they will oppose anything and everything Obama proposes.
As long as Obama continues to propose Keynesian economic policy and ideas rooted in leftist ideology - I sincerely hope they do.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75217
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, when Clinton left office the U.S. was in the early stages of recession and it "officially" began March 1, 2001.
Even more reason why Bush shouldn't have squandered Clinton's very Large Surplus!

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75218
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was more fervently opposed to the legalization of interracial marriage?
Also, you're failing to take into account that the racists in the old Southern Democratic Party switched to the GOP about the time of the Civil Rights movement. The modern Republicans love to harp about their party's history during slavery abolition...right before they go to a Tea Party rally carrying a poster of Obama with a bone through his nose...and claiming they're "Independents."
I attended several Tea Party rallies and never saw such a poster - not once. How many did you attend where you saw this? Or, are you relying upon leftist propaganda 'news' to 'inform' you with pictures of planted 'Tea Partiers'?

You and all the Dem-Libs can continue to falsely accuse the Tea party of racism - but it still will not make it true.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75219
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

2

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more reason why Bush shouldn't have squandered Clinton's very Large Surplus!
It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, there was an increase of $281 billion in DEBT.

Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury - check from 1993 - 2000.

As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.

Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number.

Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.

But - continue to say what you have been programmed to say until you believe it and relegate critical thinking to some dusty corner of your closet.

“To thine ownself be true.”

Since: Jan 13

The Planet Gallifrey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75220
Apr 5, 2013
 
turkey buzzard wrote:
ya'll DO KNOW that the gubernatorial race IS OVER, right???? UPDATE!!!
NEWS FLASH!!! No one is even discussing that anymore, we've moved on to bigger and more important things. Now, take your feeble attempt at trying to make everyone here look stupid, and go home.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75221
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My assertion is true. We can go back an forth but the fact remains that SS is broke. This is not unexpected as the federal government is excellent at wasting other people's money.
Again Nuh_, if it's broke, why do I keep getting my S.S. on time/everytime?

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75222
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Again Nuh_, if it's broke, why do I keep getting my S.S. on time/everytime?
Um...because the Treasury department has their printing presses at red-hot speed printing money maybe?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75223
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, there was an increase of $281 billion in DEBT.
Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury - check from 1993 - 2000.
As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.
Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number.
Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.
But - continue to say what you have been programmed to say until you believe it and relegate critical thinking to some dusty corner of your closet.
"Steny Hoyer Says George W. Bush Inherited $5.6 Trillion Surplus From Bill Clinton."

Click here:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75224
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
"Steny Hoyer Says George W. Bush Inherited $5.6 Trillion Surplus From Bill Clinton."
Click here:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Again, it is irrelavant what someone 'says'- look at the facts - check them at the U.S. Treasury.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75225
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, when Clinton left office the U.S. was in the early stages of recession and it "officially" began March 1, 2001.
Then, I guess G.W. Bush and his Family shouldn't have taken that Expensive Trip to the 2008 Olympics in China, in August of that year, should they?
I think about that everytime you TEApublicans gripe and complain about Obama & Michelle, or the Kids taking a cheap trip, comparatively.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75226
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is irrelavant what someone 'says'- look at the facts - check them at the U.S. Treasury.
Read the Link, if you want to learn something and you're not afraid to! I put it right in front of you from the SSA Chief Actuary and you won't even read it. You'd rather believe garbage from a Conservative Propaganda Site. TYPICAL TEA PARTY MEMBER!
And the U.S. Treasury does NOT run the Social Security Administration!

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75227
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I guess G.W. Bush and his Family shouldn't have taken that Expensive Trip to the 2008 Olympics in China, in August of that year, should they?
I think about that everytime you TEApublicans gripe and complain about Obama & Michelle, or the Kids taking a cheap trip, comparatively.
I'm not sure how you lept from the 2001 recession and tied that to the Olympics eight years later.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75228
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

CORRECTION: The Above Link is from PolitiFact! This is from the SSA Chief Actuary!
----------
"Social Security Trust Fund FAQs: Office of the Chief Actuary."

Click here:
http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75229
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

"Sanders To Obama: Don't Touch Social Security."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sanders-ob...

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75230
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Link, if you want to learn something and you're not afraid to! I put it right in front of you from the SSA Chief Actuary and you won't even read it. You'd rather believe garbage from a Conservative Propaganda Site. TYPICAL TEA PARTY MEMBER!
And the U.S. Treasury does NOT run the Social Security Administration!
Please do try and stay on topic - we were discussing the so-called Clinton surplus and that is why I mentioned the Treasury. Also, that is where I got the info - it doesn't seem to be a conservative proganda site.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75231
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

This is absolutely bonkers!

Here's what happens when activist judges run amok. Physicians should be counseled prior to a young girl taking medicine such as this.

U.S. District Judge Edward Korman ordered the FDA to make the pill, commonly referred to as the abortion pill, available for all ages. The decision means that unless the FDA appeals and is granted a stay, by this time next month a teenager 16 or under could walk into a local pharmacy and buy the pill off the shelf.

The Food and Drug Administration had initially decided to allow the emergency pill to be available for young teens. But Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius overruled the FDA in late 2011, and the agency limited availability without a prescription to women 17 and older.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75232
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do try and stay on topic - we were discussing the so-called Clinton surplus and that is why I mentioned the Treasury. Also, that is where I got the info - it doesn't seem to be a conservative proganda site.
I'm give up on you! "There are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see"...AND THAT'S YOU!

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75234
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, there was an increase of $281 billion in DEBT.
Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury - check from 1993 - 2000.
As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.
Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number.
Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.
But - continue to say what you have been programmed to say until you believe it and relegate critical thinking to some dusty corner of your closet.
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...

Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.

Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75235
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm give up on you! "There are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see"...AND THAT'S YOU!
OK - it was my pleasure to assist in your crying 'uncle'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,641 - 67,660 of138,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Smyrna Discussions

Search the Smyrna Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Harber's History Lesson: Mooneys brought high s... 2 hr spicineses 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr Why 8,869
Target Mt. Juliet Thu concerned Papa 1
stones river property management (Jan '10) Thu Judy 28
$150 Reward for Kacee Farley (Jun '11) Thu Kentucky 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 9 BOB 8,588
Moving to Smyrna, could I get some advice? Jul 8 OldSmyrnaGal 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Smyrna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Smyrna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Smyrna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Smyrna
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••