Mad Hatter

Vonore, TN

#57386 Nov 28, 2012
There are so many passages in the bible that Christians don't follow, yet they still claim it is the word of god. If your going to say its only relevant to the culture, you can say that about the whole bible making it completely irrelevant. And if you simply choose not to follow certian versus you could not be following the will of god, just your opinions. It either has to be everything or nothing, and no one follows the whole bible so its hard for me to see it as legit. Here's just a few examples.

The bible says you should kill rebellious children
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

You should kill adulterers and rape victims
Deuteronomy 22:23-24

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

Anyone who blaphimies should die.
Leviticus 24:16

16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

Christians who conver to other religions should be put to death
Deuteronomy 13:5-10

5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Jesus says divorced women should not remarry
Mark10:11

'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another she commits adultery against him'"

Christians should not get married
Corinthians 7:1

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to get married.

Women cannot teach men
2 Timothy 11-12

“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.”

Women may not speak in church
1 Cor 14:33-36

As in all the congregations of the holy ones, 34 let the women keep silent in the congregations, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but let them be in subjection, even as the Law says. 35 If, then, they want to learn something, let them question their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in a congregation.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57387 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
So Reagan didn't sign the bills that became legislation during his administration?
Nope. But Tip O'Neil was able to override.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/09/22/bac...

“But the Hill also had cut out nearly $ 2 billion for defense from Reagan's request, while adding some $900 million for social welfare, including $ 211 million for a jobs program for the elderly,$ 217 million for student grants and $ 175 million for educational aid for disadvantaged children and the handicapped.
Reagan decided to reject the measure. "This bill would bust the budget by nearly a billion dollars," contended the President in a toughly worded message to Congress.

Equally damaging to the President's cause were loud howls from those whose programs were at stake, especially the elderly. Lobbyists from senior-citizen groups claimed that nearly 55,000 older Americans who are now being paid to perform community-service jobs, such as driving buses and delivering Meals-on-Wheels, would be thrown out of work. Many Republicans were irked that the White House had not forewarned them in August that Reagan might veto the bill; they approved the legislation then, and now resented being asked to switch their votes on a measure with popular appeal.

On Thursday, when the House was scheduled to vote, Reagan called Minority leader Robert Michel of Illinois and promised to support the $ 211 million jobs program for the elderly in a future bill. Administration lobbyists also passed the word that the President would not fight for his extra $ 2 billion in defense funds in a subsequent measure. With those pledges, however, Reagan undercut his argument for vetoing the measure in the first place. "Why this charade?" asked Democrat Leon Panetta of California. "Why go through this process?"

Then, just before the vote, Speaker Tip O' Neill attacked Reagan's original rejection of the bill as "a dastardly political move by a man with a stone heart." Added O'Neill, with familiar hyperbole: "By vetoing this measure, the President wants us to make a choice between weapons and handicapped children."

Democrat rhetoric hasn’t changed much, has it?

We've been fighting a war on poverty for along time. When do we win?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57388 Nov 28, 2012
little drummer tard wrote:
Me bang drum all day!
No work!
Rumpa pum pum.
Me play Freebird.
Me LOVE Freebird!
Me SMART!!!!
Typical Teapublican!

Location hidden

#57389 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
“But the Hill also had cut out nearly $ 2 billion for defense from Reagan's request, while adding some $900 million for social welfare, including $ 211 million for a jobs program for the elderly,$ 217 million for student grants and $ 175 million for educational aid for disadvantaged children and the handicapped.
Reagan decided to reject the measure. "This bill would bust the budget by nearly a billion dollars," contended the President in a toughly worded message to Congress.
Equally damaging to the President's cause were loud howls from those whose programs were at stake, especially the elderly. Lobbyists from senior-citizen groups claimed that nearly 55,000 older Americans who are now being paid to perform community-service jobs, such as driving buses and delivering Meals-on-Wheels, would be thrown out of work. Many Republicans were irked that the White House had not forewarned them in August that Reagan might veto the bill; they approved the legislation then, and now resented being asked to switch their votes on a measure with popular appeal.
On Thursday, when the House was scheduled to vote, Reagan called Minority leader Robert Michel of Illinois and promised to support the $ 211 million jobs program for the elderly in a future bill. Administration lobbyists also passed the word that the President would not fight for his extra $ 2 billion in defense funds in a subsequent measure. With those pledges, however, Reagan undercut his argument for vetoing the measure in the first place. "Why this charade?" asked Democrat Leon Panetta of California. "Why go through this process?"
Then, just before the vote, Speaker Tip O' Neill attacked Reagan's original rejection of the bill as "a dastardly political move by a man with a stone heart." Added O'Neill, with familiar hyperbole: "By vetoing this measure, the President wants us to make a choice between weapons and handicapped children."
What happened in your Life that caused all time to stop about 30 years ago??? It seems to be a common affliction among the Teapublicans and I'm just curious as to what caused it?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57390 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the article, I noticed that the voting numbers indicated that a lot of Republicans had to vote with the Democrats in order to reach the required number of votes to override his threatened veto. You conveniently left that little fact out of your copy and paste post.
drop it likes it hot

United States

#57391 Nov 28, 2012
Mad Hatter wrote:
There are so many passages in the bible that Christians don't follow, yet they still claim it is the word of god. If your going to say its only relevant to the culture, you can say that about the whole bible making it completely irrelevant. And if you simply choose not to follow certian versus you could not be following the will of god, just your opinions. It either has to be everything or nothing, and no one follows the whole bible so its hard for me to see it as legit. Here's just a few examples.
18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.
5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another she commits adultery against him'"
Women cannot teach men
2 Timothy 11-12
“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.”
As in all the congregations of the holy ones, 34 let the women keep silent in the congregations, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but let them be in subjection, even as the Law says. 35 If, then, they want to learn something, let them question their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in a congregation.
too bad things are run like the old days, there would be a lot less loosers.
Osama

North Augusta, SC

#57393 Nov 29, 2012
drop it likes it hot wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad things are run like the old days, there would be a lot less loosers.
Things are run the old way, wherever the Taliban is in charge! JIHAD!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#57394 Nov 29, 2012
"Anwar Al-Awlaki Was In U.S. Custody Twice: Conservative Watchdog."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/28/anwar-a...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57395 Nov 29, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's disgusting, isn't it, OT!
Good morning my friend ! Yes it is disgusting and it is a shame that individuals like him/her give a bad name to the many people and Churches that do try to lead people to Christ by example.
People who claim to be Christians are supposed to be Christ-like. If Christ were like "Willard" his legacy would not have lasted over 2000 years or 2000 days or 2000 minutes.

Location hidden

#57396 Nov 29, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning my friend ! Yes it is disgusting and it is a shame that individuals like him/her give a bad name to the many people and Churches that do try to lead people to Christ by example.
People who claim to be Christians are supposed to be Christ-like. If Christ were like "Willard" his legacy would not have lasted over 2000 years or 2000 days or 2000 minutes.
You're absolutely right, OT. Frankly, I think Willard is as phony as they come. He may be a Student, but I do not believe that he is as old as he's pretending to be...nor do I believe that he is as Religious as he is pretending to be. His Posts seem more "copy and paste" material to me, instead of a Person's legitimate thoughts...and I don't think he is as educated and intelligent as he's pretending to be, either. I think that's why most of the time, his Posts don't make sense...they are just a bunch of seldom used words in ordinary conversation and when Willard incorporates them into a sentence, the sentence isn't coherent...it just doesn't make a clear thought. I just think he's "playing a Part".

Location hidden

#57397 Nov 29, 2012
"First Cracks In GOP Resolve On Tax Rates."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/first-cracks-gop-resolv...
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57398 Nov 29, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right, OT. Frankly, I think Willard is as phony as they come. He may be a Student, but I do not believe that he is as old as he's pretending to be...nor do I believe that he is as Religious as he is pretending to be. His Posts seem more "copy and paste" material to me, instead of a Person's legitimate thoughts...and I don't think he is as educated and intelligent as he's pretending to be, either. I think that's why most of the time, his Posts don't make sense...they are just a bunch of seldom used words in ordinary conversation and when Willard incorporates them into a sentence, the sentence isn't coherent...it just doesn't make a clear thought. I just think he's "playing a Part".
I never pretend to be anyone I'm not..I leave these preoccupations for those who spend most of their lives "hating" themselves, making everyone else inescapably - miserable! This is why I live the liberty of personal freedom, and you don't! I watch in fascination as you plunge into a menu of ridiculous roles every day, careening from incalculable G-forces just to make the U-turns. You must live in perputual exhaustion! Of course, this is your choice. If your experiencing difficulty reading my posts, arrange for tutorials...or don't try to read them!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#57399 Nov 29, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I never pretend to be anyone I'm not..I leave these preoccupations for those who spend most of their lives "hating" themselves, making everyone else inescapably - miserable! This is why I live the liberty of personal freedom, and you don't! I watch in fascination as you plunge into a menu of ridiculous roles every day, careening from incalculable G-forces just to make the U-turns. You must live in perputual exhaustion! Of course, this is your choice. If your experiencing difficulty reading my posts, arrange for tutorials...or don't try to read them!
Just get to the friggin point Buster.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#57400 Nov 29, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I am replying to you this morning.
Instead of arguing last night with those who love to degrade others,
"claim" to be intelligent,I chose to read on Cambden Tn Forum instead. Now, This one caught my eye like a read at WAL-MART.
If you have time to pick your threads and just folloew posters,you see people as others view them. Go to: TO MORPHINA thread and most especially pay attention to post number 90.You'll see how others really are.
If you just pick a thread and follow it thru,you'll see how TOPIX is needed to spread the news.
I did learn some things last night that changed my views.
Read about the court decision.Read about life there,the neighbors.
It's a crisis on every day.Not without it's worries. Glad I don't live there.
I've been thinking Morphina was one person and learned who Morphina is really.
No need to argue here as this is not where the action really is.
Then go to the beginning of Pay To Spray and start readng.Along about #400,to 600 you'll get an education.
And register so you are the only Willard.No furthercomment,just reading now,surfing the threads in various towns.Our group covers 13 counties..
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57401 Nov 29, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
"claim" to be intelligent,I chose to read on Cambden Tn Forum instead. Now, This one caught my eye like a read at WAL-MART.
If you have time to pick your threads and just folloew posters,you see people as others view them. Go to: TO MORPHINA thread and most especially pay attention to post number 90.You'll see how others really are.
If you just pick a thread and follow it thru,you'll see how TOPIX is needed to spread the news.
Then go to the beginning of Pay To Spray and start readng.Along about #400,to 600 you'll get an education.
And register so you are the only Willard.No furthercomment,just reading now,surfing the threads in various towns.Our group covers 13 counties..
Ah yes, it's like reading the very ancestry of human stupidity.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57402 Nov 29, 2012
Mad Hatter wrote:
Women cannot teach men
2 Timothy 11-12
Wow, just Wow........and some Christians say the Quran is evil!
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57403 Nov 29, 2012
Hee. Hee. Hee.

NEW YORK (AP)-- Hostess Brands Inc. plans to ask for a judge's approval Thursday to give its top executives bonuses totaling up to $1.8 million as part of its wind-down plans.

The maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos says the incentive pay is needed to retain the 19 managers during the liquidation process, which could take about a year. Two of those executives would be eligible for additional rewards depending on how efficiently they carry out the liquidation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOS...
Ha. Ha.Ha. Ha.

If you’ll recall, the Hostess management was run by a Democrat who got the gig courtesy of former Rep Dick Gephardt, who also set them up with two large Obama loving hedge funds.

Get your hands off my twinkie….

WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57404 Nov 29, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I read of this, I better understand the rage of insanity. This is no less than incredible..and I've been right all along!
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57407 Nov 29, 2012
STORMY wrote:
REPLY TO MED HATTER ON SCRIPTURE:
tHE SCRIPTURE YOU ARE USING ARE THE LAWS IN DEUTERONOMY, IT IS PLAIN TO SEE THE EARTH WAS FULL OF EVIL PEOPLE IN THAT TIME AS THEY WERE AT THE TIME OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH , MEN , WOMEN AND CHILDREN , SO EVIL, THAT THOSE LAWS WERE WRITTEN , TO KILL. THOSE THAT HAD TAUGHT THEIR CHILDREN SO EVIL AND AGINST THE GOOD JEHOVAH HAD GAVE THE GUIDELINES FOR MANKIND NOT TO DO.
AT THAT TIME , PEOPLE SACRIFICED THEIR BEST ANIMALS FOR SACRIFICE FOR SINS, THOSE EVIL WAYS NO SACRIFICE COULD COVER , WHEN JESUS WAS SENT , THOSE LAWS WERE DONE AWAY WITH, AND JESUS GAVE HIS OWN CHOICE , WITHOUT KILLING HE WAS THE SACRIFICE THAT ANY THAT THROUGH GRACE, AND ACCEPTING HIM AS lord and SAVIOR , through true repentance. those old laws were done away with, but the laws of moses are good to keep. jesus fulfilled the sacrifice, given free for any that , all of us know , that we did not do anything to be forgiven, of our sins, but we put off those old things and follow Jesus , AND ACCEPTING JESUS THROUGH REPENTANCE, TO FOLLOW HIM, KNOWING HIS WORD IS TRUE.
IF ANYONE TELLS YOU THAT DID ANYTHING TO FIND JESUS EXCEPT THAT THEY HAD A LITTLE FAITH, EVEN SO SMALL, THAT WANTED TO KNOW JESUS AND JEHOVAH, WALK AWAY FROM THEM, YOU CANNOT BUY SALVATION, AND NEVER WILL. IT IS GIVEN FREELY, WITH GRACE AND LOVE OF JEHOVAH AND JESUS, THE HOLY SPIRIT , THE COMFORTER, IS GIVEN ALSO, THAT HAS HIS PURPOSE FOR JESUS OWN , TO GLORIFY , THE FATHER JEHOVAH AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST,.
THE LAWS OF DEUTERONOMY WERE DONE AWAY WITH , WHEN JESUS WAS SENT AS HE SAID. NO MORE ANIMAL SACRIFICE. JESUS PAID ALL FOR ALL THAT BELIEVED AND THOSE THAT COME TO KNOW HIM IN >TRUTH<< NOT THOSE DEVILS THAT ALSO SAY THEY BELIEVE . AS THE BIBLE SAYS , THEY ALSO BELIEVE, SATAN DOES TOO!
Great post, Stormy. The only aspect of your great post I would enunciate is that the "ten Commandments" constitute the moral law of God, and have not been invalidated in that sense. What was changed, by God himself, through the atonement of Christ, are the requisites of salvation. Thank God this is so..for a sinner like me. I look forward to hearing from you again. God bless you, brother.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57408 Nov 29, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the article, I noticed that the voting numbers indicated that a lot of Republicans had to vote with the Democrats in order to reach the required number of votes to override his threatened veto. You conveniently left that little fact out of your copy and paste post.
Thanks OA, for taking the time to find the Devil in the details.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Players in the boro 6 hr Jeff Prince 4
Kristan Roberts Iaccheri 18 hr Still Curious 3
social destruction 20 hr just saying 1
contracting l for mccormick trucking company (Sep '09) 21 hr FORMER PAYROLL 167
racism at stonecrest Fri Tim 1
Riffped off at Stonecrest Hospital (Dec '12) Fri god loves 7
drugs Jan 23 Help 2
Smyrna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web