Cobb Co. Mother Charged in Jaywalking...

Cobb Co. Mother Charged in Jaywalking Death

There are 8 comments on the 13WMAZ-TV story from Jan 30, 2009, titled Cobb Co. Mother Charged in Jaywalking Death. In it, 13WMAZ-TV reports that:

A Cobb County mother will face criminal charges for the jaywalking death of her four-year-old daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WMAZ-TV.

John

Miami, FL

#1 Jan 30, 2009
I fell sorry for the mother loosing her daughter, and I'm sure if she had known that day that she would loose her child , I'm also sure she would have done something different. I feel in my heart that thats about all one can take. It was in the plan for the child that day. When something happen to us on this side a lot we can't do anything about no matter what route we take when it's our time it's our time. God don't make misteaks. Let her go. J.LG.
Sad but true

Smyrna, GA

#2 Feb 2, 2009
running across south cobb dr at 7 in the morning with 4 kids is criminally irresponsible. That's a major road with hills, you cannot run across it with children, im sorry but she was extremely negligent.
Angie

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Jul 25, 2011
Read story again!!!!!! It was at night!!!!
Sad but true wrote:
running across south cobb dr at 7 in the morning with 4 kids is criminally irresponsible. That's a major road with hills, you cannot run across it with children, im sorry but she was extremely negligent.
Beans

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 25, 2011
Sad but true wrote:
running across south cobb dr at 7 in the morning with 4 kids is criminally irresponsible. That's a major road with hills, you cannot run across it with children, im sorry but she was extremely negligent.
so she should serve 3 years in jail while the drunk/drugged driver who actually KILLED the child got 6 months? how else was she supposed to cross the road? wings? the bus stop was on the opposite side of the road that she needed to get too.
Kitty

United States

#5 Jul 26, 2011
Angie and Beans, you're confusing this story with another Cobb Co. jaywalking story where a woman's son died.
This one happened a few years ago on S.Cobb dr. in front of Wade Ford, and it was entirely the mother's fault. The driver was not drunk, he was driving his vehicle on the road, with his lights on, going the speed limit.. where there should not be any people in the ROAD to HIT. Use the crosswalk if you care about your kids.
I live right there and I'm constantly surprised by people in the road as I crest the hill, because I can't see them until I'm about to run them over.
Lena

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 13, 2011
Beans wrote:
<quoted text>
so she should serve 3 years in jail while the drunk/drugged driver who actually KILLED the child got 6 months? how else was she supposed to cross the road? wings? the bus stop was on the opposite side of the road that she needed to get too.
I'm glad at least one person has compassion and sense. I'm confused as to how it is criminally irresponsible for a mother to cross the street with her four children especially when there isn't a cross walk. That's what's wrong with society today. It's ok for a person to hit me and my kids? WTH happened to pedestrians having the right a way. The driver is supposed to be alert with his or her eyes on the road at all times.....STBS
Lena

Atlanta, GA

#7 Aug 13, 2011
Kitty wrote:
Angie and Beans, you're confusing this story with another Cobb Co. jaywalking story where a woman's son died.
This one happened a few years ago on S.Cobb dr. in front of Wade Ford, and it was entirely the mother's fault. The driver was not drunk, he was driving his vehicle on the road, with his lights on, going the speed limit.. where there should not be any people in the ROAD to HIT. Use the crosswalk if you care about your kids.
I live right there and I'm constantly surprised by people in the road as I crest the hill, because I can't see them until I'm about to run them over.
Kitty there isn't a cross walk for people to use....The health department is right there and a lot of people have to cross the street because they travel on the bus. The nearest cross walk is about a mile away.
Lena

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 13, 2011
Ignorance and selfishness plagues our country. Wake up people and stop thinking about yourselves. A mother looses a child in both cases in an automobile accident and its her fault but in the Casey Anthony trial the mother gets off....Seriously what the hell is wrong with you people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katrell Nash: Horrible Attorney BEWARE!!!! 1 hr Lamborghini 4
take care of business 3 hr Enter Username 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Mcm123 21,338
Paddock Probably A Former Cop... Mon ThomasA is uber gay 133
Michael Manna (a.k.a. Stevie Richards) Nov 3 pellaurie 4
News 1848 House sold for private residence (Sep '06) Oct 31 Anonymous 25
Adam P Taylor running for Council in Smyrna Oct 25 Ron S 2

Smyrna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smyrna Mortgages