Youth Gang Rape Reported in Milwaukee

Youth Gang Rape Reported in Milwaukee

There are 38 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 7, 2006, titled Youth Gang Rape Reported in Milwaukee . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

It began with a crush, police said, and turned into one of the most shocking crimes in Milwaukee's long, violent summer: an 11-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by as many as 20 boys while a 16-year-old girl ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Larry

AOL

#22 Sep 10, 2006
Well when I heard of this problem yes (problem), cause that is what we are dealing with here..!!! Did the 11 yr old knew she had HIV.? did the people who was watching (taking care her) knew that..? If so did they tell her about it.? We don't know. As for as I know, I can be live this has happened. Everyday in the city or where ever, things like this happen all the time, and we don't even know about it. It's that this was brought to the news and we are so shocked by it. We as parents need to understand,you can teach and talk to your child as much as you can, and show them the rights and wrongs in life. But a child is going to do what they want to do on there own. All we can do is HOPE AND PRAY that they listened to us and make the right decision in their life. I do belive that (I HOPE) the system will work on this problem and that everyone will be charged on this action..!!! As for as the 40 yrs old uncle, we really have a problem on this issue and really needs to be looked at. As for my last note, remember as a parent let them understand you and learn from you. Everyday we pray and hope are child/children will learn from use and make the right choices in their life. This issue should be taught as a parent that we HAVE TO TALK to are kids and understand them.Remember, what you say and do for a child can MAKE IT OR BRAKE IT in their lives...!!!!
mike Milwaukee wi

AOL

#23 Sep 10, 2006
this is not right.!!! What is the world becoming of?
Larry Milwaukee wi

AOL

#24 Sep 10, 2006
the story of this people that it is still a shock to me, but i still hope you parents will talk to your kids about this, as i said in my last letter.!! I talked to my children and try to explain to them what is happing out here in the world, and make sure they know what is also happing out here too. Just (parents) try to talk to your kids and bring this to thier attn. and make sure they understand.. THANK-YOU
MORTIFIED IN MICHIGAN

Holland, MI

#25 Sep 10, 2006
I heard about this happening to this poor girl, she was already a confused child, and now what is going to become of her?? It makes me sick that fellow human beings have sunk to this. I truly hope that all of these sick people are persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I also hope this girl has someone in her life that loves her and will get her the help she needs.
Milwaukee Resident

Sheboygan, WI

#26 Sep 12, 2006
I am curious.....were you as outraged by the beating in the Jude case where some milwaukee police officers got off scott-free after beating the crap out of one of it's citizens??
Ana

United States

#27 Sep 12, 2006
Milwaukee Resident wrote:
I am curious.....were you as outraged by the beating in the Jude case where some milwaukee police officers got off scott-free after beating the crap out of one of it's citizens??
why you want to know it has any connection one case with the other?
linda in georgia

Newnan, GA

#28 Sep 14, 2006
OH MY GOD. WE ARE ALL DOOMED TO HELL. THIS IS SO VERY VERY WRONG. WHEREEVER THE LITTLE GIRL IS SHE NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP AS WELL AS LOVE. I TRULY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL THOSE. ANIMALS ARE EVEN MORE RESPECTFUL. IT'S NOT JUST MILWAUKEE EITHER WAKE UP IN SMELL THE CHEESE, IT'S EVERYWHERE. DO WHAT YOU WILL TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. MAKE UP A LAW IF YOU HAVE TO. THEY DO IN GEORGIA. I'M SURE THERE'S A LAW IF YOU HAVE TO GO BACK A THOUSAND YEARS. GOD BLESS THE CHILD.
Sad In Milwaukee

Union, IL

#29 Sep 15, 2006
i cant c it wrote:
i know it was wrong but people make mistakes and an 11 year old knows right from wrong and so do all of those adults but she should choose on whos getting what because it was done to her.She could of got out of it by telling them she had HIV without coutinuly spread it
Certainly an 11 year old child should know the difference between right and wrong. You must be assuming that she knew what was in store for her when she entered the house of her so called friend. What was one 11 year old girl to do against all those people? Maybe she did tell them she was HIV positive, I don't think it would have mattered to the animals that raped and abused her. I hope each and every one of them is prosecuted as an adult. I hope each and every one of them is sentenced to a very long, long time in prison. The 40 year old man and the 16 year old girl should never see the outside world again. If any of these animals have contracted the girls disease I have think they got what was coming to them and they will get no pity from me.
Da-Antidote

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Sep 15, 2006
I have sat and read all of the comments that many have made in reference to this eleven year old girl and the so called rape that has taken place and I have a few things to say. First, it is upsetting that whenever an event of such happens within the African American community that the media, along with Caucasian American label the parties as involved savages and beast. This is nothing more than racism. Just a few weeks back in Milwaukee some Caucasian males dug up a body in an attempt to have sex with it and the media didnít once call this savage behavior why is this? Is it because they are Caucasian and there is no way that Caucasian can be savages or beast. Also some years ago in the same city Jeffery Dahmer ate people and no one called him a beast or a savage. Hell they didnít even call him a cannibal. This must stop in our society. Moving along, although I donít condone what has been done I feel that there is a certain level of responsibility all the way around. At the age of eleven you show not be sitting in a room picking out who you want to perform oral sex on even if someone is directing you to. You have the right to say no and to do nothing at all. In addition if you are engaging in this type of activity with an eleven year old what are you thinking? How could a person be waiting in a line for oral sex or standing next to the bed waiting on there turn. This is ludacris!!! With this being said I donít believe that everyone involved should be trialed as adults simply because many of these where just horny teenage boys who were taking advantage of a willing girl ďfrom what the newspaper reports.Ē
i cant c it

Woodworth, WI

#31 Sep 15, 2006
Ana wrote:
<quoted text>Abusing an 11 yr old girl is not a mistake to me. Buying the wrong brand of toiler paper is a mistake what they did to her is just cruel. What else can we expect from them later on...how many child abusers say the same it was just a mistake is that an excuse?...Yes is true at eleven most kids know right from wrong but lets not forget that at that age most want to make impressions specially to the one they have a crush on. The older kids and the 40yr old should have known better that do what they did....they cross a line that should not have been even tough of crossing....If she has hiv, she needs to be educated on the subject for what I can see there was no one there to educate her.....
u never know what pepole r on they could have pop apill n was drunk u never know n i'm pretty sure if she would of said she had something and got up they would of let her go n her parents need 2 keep a better watch on a 11 year old and people r people its only put out there becuz they r black let them would of been white u would of never heard about such a thing
i cant c it

Woodworth, WI

#32 Sep 15, 2006
Sad In Milwaukee wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly an 11 year old child should know the difference between right and wrong. You must be assuming that she knew what was in store for her when she entered the house of her so called friend. What was one 11 year old girl to do against all those people? Maybe she did tell them she was HIV positive, I don't think it would have mattered to the animals that raped and abused her. I hope each and every one of them is prosecuted as an adult. I hope each and every one of them is sentenced to a very long, long time in prison. The 40 year old man and the 16 year old girl should never see the outside world again. If any of these animals have contracted the girls disease I have think they got what was coming to them and they will get no pity from me.
i'm not teaching this as pity i mean yeah sure their eyes wasnt close n i lok young my self and i'm sure if i told someone i had hiv they would simply walk away
Jess-Love

United States

#33 Sep 26, 2006
A disgusted Milwaukeean wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst in the world! The 40 yr old should still be in jail. Since 1994 he's had 21 offenses from drugs, weapons, disorderly conduct and obstruction. The 17 year old just got out on cocaine charges. Both of them, according to their probation, must get at least a GED. So they are ignorant people who are anti-society. They live off the fat of the land (our tax money) and drug money. Either way we lose. If they're behind bars, we support them. If they're on the street, we support them. Either way, they get over because society feels sorry for them. The inner city has a code that you better not snitch, so they enjoy living like this. The cops are mistrusted. We have to do something in this community to tell these gangs...... NO MORE! There are too many good people in this community who are scared to death. These kids all have weapons and they have no regard for human life. I live real close to this neighborhood (about 3 blocks away). We raised 5 kids here, the youngest being 13. It's hard for them to steer clear of this influence, but they have. Their all into sports and learning in general. We can take the streets back if we all co-operate with the block watches and the cops. Wake up Milwaukee!
But why? Is it their fault they travel alone to school? When they travel alone to some place else? No! Kids do NOT know the safety hazards of what can happen! If we can stop gangs, But why should the citizens stop the gangs, When the police are supposed to? Why should the police need help, when there supposed to help US? Its good to help, but if someones safety is on the line, shouldnt the higher authority do it?
Milwaukee

Saint Marys, GA

#34 Jul 9, 2007
How dare you. Regardless......this was a CHILD. Who cares white or black. The bottom line is this was a child that it happened to. Can't anyone look at the obvious and see it for what it is? This child has obviously had no childlife. If anything we should be saying prayers for our society and doing what we can to fix it. This is a child...
Da-Antidote wrote:
I have sat and read all of the comments that many have made in reference to this eleven year old girl and the so called rape that has taken place and I have a few things to say. First, it is upsetting that whenever an event of such happens within the African American community that the media, along with Caucasian American label the parties as involved savages and beast. This is nothing more than racism. Just a few weeks back in Milwaukee some Caucasian males dug up a body in an attempt to have sex with it and the media didnít once call this savage behavior why is this? Is it because they are Caucasian and there is no way that Caucasian can be savages or beast. Also some years ago in the same city Jeffery Dahmer ate people and no one called him a beast or a savage. Hell they didnít even call him a cannibal. This must stop in our society. Moving along, although I donít condone what has been done I feel that there is a certain level of responsibility all the way around. At the age of eleven you show not be sitting in a room picking out who you want to perform oral sex on even if someone is directing you to. You have the right to say no and to do nothing at all. In addition if you are engaging in this type of activity with an eleven year old what are you thinking? How could a person be waiting in a line for oral sex or standing next to the bed waiting on there turn. This is ludacris!!! With this being said I donít believe that everyone involved should be trialed as adults simply because many of these where just horny teenage boys who were taking advantage of a willing girl ďfrom what the newspaper reports.Ē
Toya B milwaukee

United States

#36 Apr 10, 2008
It's hard out here for our milwaukee kids. Nothing to do, no role models,but i knew these kids personally animals no i wouldn't call them that. lack of respect towards females yes,one parent house hold,lack of love form parent, there up bring wasn't the best but, abuse is what they have experience in there lives inside and outside of home i use to live two blocks away. Where the young boys played basketball and all the girls in the hood flirted and had sex with them. Yes this child was aware of her disease she was in foster care and by her being 11 years old she knew right from wrong but this was not right first time running away and having sex with boys. She was walking around the hood for a few days with the 16 year old where ever she was laying her head the adults showed they didn't care. Everyone involved should've been charged for what they have done. So now there are a lot teens walking around milwaukee streets with this disease.
country g off center st

Milwaukee, WI

#37 Apr 17, 2008
how low could u go well them bums got what was coming 2 them hahaha do the crime do the time
All American Girl

Kenosha, WI

#38 Apr 17, 2008
Da-Antidote wrote:
You are probably one the biggest racist around! Did you read what you wrote? 11 year olds can be intimidated by people that are older and should know better. Lets get back to what you said since you have a problem with white people have you ever read about the Zebra killings? I bet you have no idea about that now do you? Its a shame that YOU are a clueless bigot who needs an attitude ajustment. How dare you say any child should know and be responsible and make adult decisions. No matter what race!!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#39 Nov 4, 2011
Latino community groups expressed displeasure at New Black Panther Party activist Quanell X's blaming of the victim for her rape.[13] Individual trials of the alleged rapists are to start in early October of 2011.[14]

A controversial recall election in May 2011 saw the ouster of three of the four black members on the six-member Cleveland city council. Remaining black councilor Delores Terry accused the recall proponents of being motivated by racial hate, while the new mayor and supporters said it was the result of simple mismanagement.[15]

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#40 Nov 4, 2011
MILWAUKEE, WI (WTAQ) - A state appeals court refused to reduce a 12-year prison sentence today for a man who took part in the gang rape of a Milwaukee girl when she was 11. Altonio Chaney, whoís now 27, said a witness who saw him have sex with the girl has since recanted. But the First District Appeals Court said it makes no difference, because the personís testimony was not a factor in Chaneyís original sentence. He was among 14 people convicted after being at a party in 2006 where the 11-year-old girl had sexual contact with up to 19 men-and-boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Judge Charged With Wife Abuse (May '11) 3 hr gGd nmDdae lHoy i... 3
Review: Aryan Auto Financial Group 5 hr Mkufams 1
Alison Feliciano for Mayor of Powder Springs 5 hr BigDogProductions 1
New Mayor for Powder Springs 5 hr mark45 1
Why do white people HATE Barack Obama??? (Jun '10) 6 hr Spare Me 1,259
Bait Car In Atlanta (Nov '11) 14 hr Go Blue Forever 45
News Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wound... 14 hr Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smyrna Mortgages