Youth Gang Rape Reported in Milwaukee

Full story: The Associated Press

It began with a crush, police said, and turned into one of the most shocking crimes in Milwaukee's long, violent summer: an 11-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by as many as 20 boys while a 16-year-old girl ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Retired Examiner

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2006
I worked in the medical field for 25 years and as a sexual assault nurse examiner (S.A.N.E.) for three years.
I have seen heartbreak and brutality.
Today while listening to my local news the story of the Milwaukee sexual assault was broadcast.
IF true:
I can't even begin to tell you of my shock and horror. I cannot begin to tell you of the horror this child will have to deal with THE REST OF HER LIFE.
There is NO EXCUSE.
All participants should be charged as adults.
And if they have started at this age, to be this violent, aggressive and disrespectful of humanity, there is NO hope for rehabilitation. These animals, no even animals don't stand around and corrupt and scar their minors. These individuals,(I can't even call them people or members of the human race)or barbarians, should be tried (no sob stories) and if convicted...subjected to the highest penalty, they are unredeemable.
I urge Milwaukee to adopt a ZERO tolerance.
Your city and its' healing will be in my prayers. Rehoboth Beach, DE.
Chante

Vineland, NJ

#2 Sep 8, 2006
I am a 35yr old parent of two boys, ages 3 and 12. To read this story angers and frightens me, because it is apparent that parents are not caring for their children. If the parents of these animals were taking care of their children, then an 11 year old girl would have been at home or somewhere supervised. There is no way that this "CHILD" should have been in someones basement "SELECTING" who to perform oral sex on, it shows you what the child is learning. I agree that all of the "ANIMALS" involved should be charged as adults and one day and prayerfully soon, parents will begin to pay attention to their children.
Dee

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 8, 2006
All of these children did it to get off just like an adult therefore,they should be charged as adults
Julie

Kenosha, WI

#5 Sep 8, 2006
Unfortunately her mother died of aids and she is HIV positive herself.I heard that on the news today. Whom ever she does live with must not of kept a watchful eye on her. It is very sad. I hope she gets the help she needs.
REPULSIVE

AOL

#6 Sep 8, 2006
ALL OF THESE KIDS SHOULD CHARGED AS ADULTS PERIOD. GANG RAPING AN 11 YR OLD CHILD THAT IS DISGUSTING. I HEAD THE NEWS WHILE DRIVING AND HAD TO PULL OVER TO JUST CATCH MY BREATH AND PRAY FOR THE CHILD. SHE HAS NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON. SHE NEEDS THERAPY ASAP. THE ADULT , WHAT IS HE THINKING ALL THOSE KIDS IN HIS HOME, IT WAS PLANNED AND HE SHOULD HAVE A LOT OF CHARGES PENDING AS WELL. THE NORTH SIDE NEEDS MARTIAL LAW ENFORCED TO GET KIDS OFF THE STREETS AND IN SCHOOL AND THE CRIMINALS OF THE STREET AND IN PRISON . TITAN
Former Milwaukee resident

United States

#7 Sep 8, 2006
If the city does not charge AND CONVICT the monsters who did this, including that disgusting tramp, the sixteen year old, as adults and put them away for life, then your city is beyond hope and I will organize a national boycott of all products produced in or owned by Wisconsin companies. We will starve you animals off this planet if you don't become civilized human beings again. I am ashamed and embarrassed to be from that state and will no longer speak of it with pride if you puss out and let them get off as minors as you always do.
Dee_Sayso

Madison, WI

#8 Sep 8, 2006
This is such an ugly crime that all the individuals involved should be given extremely lengthy jail sentences and the young 11 y.o. girl should be put into a mental institution. This shows a rapid degrade of our urban youth and society as a whole that we allow children to openly express their sexuality at such a young age. I'm not anti-gay or homophobic, but an 11y.o. child should not be even thinking about being interested in a tom-boy type of girl...let alone being openly interested in boys at that age. kids are growing up too fast. Also, where was her parent(s)?????
Ana

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2006
Dee_Sayso wrote:
This is such an ugly crime that all the individuals involved should be given extremely lengthy jail sentences and the young 11 y.o. girl should be put into a mental institution. This shows a rapid degrade of our urban youth and society as a whole that we allow children to openly express their sexuality at such a young age. I'm not anti-gay or homophobic, but an 11y.o. child should not be even thinking about being interested in a tom-boy type of girl...let alone being openly interested in boys at that age. kids are growing up too fast. Also, where was her parent(s)?????
I agree with you. she is way too young... and those other animals how could make such and ugly thing.....man man man this is just mind blowing...
sharon t

AOL

#10 Sep 8, 2006
Why should the eleven year old be placed into a mental institution? She needs lots and lots of counseling. She need be taught how a young lady is to carry herself. There are so many horror stories that take place inside of the home. I have taken in a young lady myself. What I'm attempting to is show her how to responsible and how to lover herself. She needs to be with people who care and not housed in a dingy mental institution.
sharon t

AOL

#11 Sep 8, 2006
I cannot find the words to express how this story makes me feel. There are some terrible issues going on inside of many homes in Milwaukee. How does that 40 year old male feel now? What if they all have contracted HIV? What has happened to people having morals? There is enough blame to go around, but it starts with those involved here. Then take a good look at today's society where our young people are being told to do whatever gratifies the ego.

Why are these things transpiring in Milwaukee? Will things ever change?
yorgo

Mount Airy, NC

#12 Sep 9, 2006
what kind of neighborhood is this part of Milwaukee?
Enrico Farnsbarns

Turkey

#13 Sep 9, 2006
Former Milwaukee resident wrote:
If the city does not charge AND CONVICT the monsters who did this, including that disgusting tramp, the sixteen year old, as adults and put them away for life, then your city is beyond hope and I will organize a national boycott of all products produced in or owned by Wisconsin companies. We will starve you animals off this planet if you don't become civilized human beings again. I am ashamed and embarrassed to be from that state and will no longer speak of it with pride if you puss out and let them get off as minors as you always do.
I suggest that these young scum should have all genitalia surgically removed so that they will be unable to offend again.
They will also be able to receive shorter sentences which will save taxpayers money and it will send a strong signal to other would be offenders, that if they offend, they will have to sit down to pee for the rest of their lives.The loss of face among their peers would be unbearable and is another reason for not doing it.
All for castration

AOL

#14 Sep 9, 2006
I suggest that these young scum should have all genitalia surgically removed so that they will be unable to offend again.
They will also be able to receive shorter sentences which will save taxpayers money and it will send a strong signal to other would be offenders, that if they offend, they will have to sit down to pee for the rest of their lives.The loss of face among their peers would be unbearable and is another reason for not doing it.
I truely believe this should be with ALL sex offenders, across the country. First offense should be the last. Protect our children from these monsters.
i cant c it

Youngstown, OH

#15 Sep 9, 2006
i know it was wrong but people make mistakes and an 11 year old knows right from wrong and so do all of those adults but she should choose on whos getting what because it was done to her.She could of got out of it by telling them she had HIV without coutinuly spread it
disgusted in ga

Ringgold, GA

#16 Sep 9, 2006
The city of Milwaukee needs to treat the animals involved as scum, and try them as adults.PEOPLE OF MILWAUKEE, CLEAN up your city and have ZERO tolerance for SCUM, get it off your streets before it spreads like a CANCER. As for the 40 year old, lock him up and throw away the key. As for the tramp 16 year old who took advantage of the 11 year old's feelings,which keep in mind,it may have been a crush or maybe just confusion, she was 11, she was the victim here.throw the 16 year old in the slammer forever too, she is beyond humane!!! I wonder what the 16 year old female stood to gain from this despicable act, VIP status in the gang???/And if by chance the girl was HIV positive, which I haven't heard yet but on this comments page, the savage animals who took advantage of an 11 year old girl, deserve whatever GOD and fate gives them, in that case. Put all 20 animals in the SLAMMER, because they will never be a viable part of society anyways, and get the girl treatment and compassion ASAP!!!!!
A disgusted Milwaukeean

Plymouth, WI

#17 Sep 9, 2006
It's typical gang related activity. The kids don't have any upbringing. How the goofy 40 year old was involved just shows you the role models these kids have. He's supposed to be the adult. Adults should protect the kids. If this young girl is HIV positive it makes it even worse. The kids that were involved are also gonna be infected. But guess what? They don't care! They'll just spread it to their partners.
Build a fence around the neighborhood and leave them infect one another all they want. Treat them like the animals they are. Although animals have more brains than these people.
Ana

United States

#18 Sep 9, 2006
i cant c it wrote:
i know it was wrong but people make mistakes and an 11 year old knows right from wrong and so do all of those adults but she should choose on whos getting what because it was done to her.She could of got out of it by telling them she had HIV without coutinuly spread it
Abusing an 11 yr old girl is not a mistake to me. Buying the wrong brand of toiler paper is a mistake what they did to her is just cruel. What else can we expect from them later on...how many child abusers say the same it was just a mistake is that an excuse?...Yes is true at eleven most kids know right from wrong but lets not forget that at that age most want to make impressions specially to the one they have a crush on. The older kids and the 40yr old should have known better that do what they did....they cross a line that should not have been even tough of crossing....If she has hiv, she needs to be educated on the subject for what I can see there was no one there to educate her.....
Chicago Illinois

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 9, 2006
This story brought tears to my eyes. What type of society are we living in when an 11 year old is taking advantage of by 20 people including an adult male. I hope the prosecutors in this matter charge them all as adults, and I pray that this 11 year old gets the help she needs and deserves. Where are her parents?!?!?!
sharon t

United States

#20 Sep 9, 2006
Chicago Illinois wrote:
This story brought tears to my eyes. What type of society are we living in when an 11 year old is taking advantage of by 20 people including an adult male. I hope the prosecutors in this matter charge them all as adults, and I pray that this 11 year old gets the help she needs and deserves. Where are her parents?!?!?!
She contracted Hiv when she was born and her mother is dead.
A disgusted Milwaukeean

Plymouth, WI

#21 Sep 10, 2006
yorgo wrote:
what kind of neighborhood is this part of Milwaukee?
The worst in the world! The 40 yr old should still be in jail. Since 1994 he's had 21 offenses from drugs, weapons, disorderly conduct and obstruction. The 17 year old just got out on cocaine charges. Both of them, according to their probation, must get at least a GED. So they are ignorant people who are anti-society. They live off the fat of the land (our tax money) and drug money. Either way we lose. If they're behind bars, we support them. If they're on the street, we support them. Either way, they get over because society feels sorry for them. The inner city has a code that you better not snitch, so they enjoy living like this. The cops are mistrusted. We have to do something in this community to tell these gangs...... NO MORE! There are too many good people in this community who are scared to death. These kids all have weapons and they have no regard for human life. I live real close to this neighborhood (about 3 blocks away). We raised 5 kids here, the youngest being 13. It's hard for them to steer clear of this influence, but they have. Their all into sports and learning in general. We can take the streets back if we all co-operate with the block watches and the cops. Wake up Milwaukee!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min General Robert E Lee 53,198
Is it the police or is it us? 1 hr Georgia Man 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The real deal AB 18,865
Uber in Atlanta..Are you an uberX driver? Is it... (Nov '13) 3 hr emptypockets 40
Dogs EATING corpses of Ebola victims 4 hr Charles 2
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 4 hr NEWS WIRE SERVICES 1
Five Reasons Why Obama Is A Good President (Jun '11) 5 hr Strong Side 8,366
•••

Air Quality Alert for Cobb County was issued at August 28 at 1:41PM EDT

•••

Smyrna News Video

•••
•••

Smyrna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000