Taxi driver killed in collision on Cobb Parkway

Sep 9, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A cab driver was killed and another driver was seriously injured in a head-on collision on Cobb Parkway early Tuesday.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2010
farmgirl

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

Terrible scene. I drove up immediately after it happened. I live in the complex right in front on the accident scene. Vehicles were almost unrecognizable. So sad that he was married with children and the man that did it is living here illegally, did not have his headlights on and went into his lane head on. Wish I hadn't seen it.
michelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

farmgirl wrote:
Terrible scene. I drove up immediately after it happened. I live in the complex right in front on the accident scene. iVehicles were almost unrecognizable. So sad that he was married with children and the man that did it is living here illegally, did not have his headlights on and went into his lane head on. Wish I hadn't seen it.
I knew the driver of the taxi.We went to nursing school together. Chi(his name) was a very hard, ambitious worker and that's why he was out at that time of the morning doing what he always was doing to support his family and himself. Chi would leave school during breaks to do his taxi business and be back for class without eating lunch. CHI was a very kind soul and if you call upon him for help he would be there.I saw him 2 days before the incident driving near the same spot where he was killed, working as usual. I am still in shock why good hard working folks like CHI has to meet such a horrible death like this. He leaves behind his wife and 2 beautiful little girls. Chi, on behave of all of the nursing students of Chattahoohee and North Ga Metro College, we miss you and will foreverr have you in our hearts.the
LITA LEGAL PERSON

Peachtree City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Judged:

I understand the pain of their families. that I have lost loved ones by accident. but I do not believe that the ilegar as you call it is here working for his family also did not want to kill anyone. The was also coming to his house in his work. not to walk as many legal stealing. but just be garbled echo of the means that he is guilty. but unlike ilegar I bequeath you that the HEC is a serumano as anyone and he did towards God. only God can judge. I condolences to the family by Mr chi that the god has in his glory. but also we are not anyone to judge what makes this work only God our lord. the other driver nearly lost their lives as well. but if it is not our Lord is that I have a beautiful with the purpose. and I am confident that our midst Hobro. that was an accident rather than a acesinato ... God bless you all ..... bliblia first looking at the San Mateo chapter 7 in the judging others
that the trial court that juzgaiz sereis and the extent to which sickle medis be measured and a view that the straw that this sheet in your brother? and not made to see the beam that is in your own sheets? Dire as your brother let me remove the beam YOUR leaf HE whom the beam in pasco Tuyen IPOCRITA SAC beam from your own eye and then see better to remove the straw sheets NOT your brother DEIS the holy to dogs NI ECHEIS NUETRS Perle before swine THAT IS NOT THE trampled and becomes And OS DESPEDACEN ..... AMEN
CarDealer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Judged:

LITA LEGAL PERSON wrote:
I understand the pain of their families. that I have lost loved ones by accident. but I do not believe that the ilegar as you call it is here working for his family also did not want to kill anyone. The was also coming to his house in his work. not to walk as many legal stealing. but just be garbled echo of the means that he is guilty. but unlike ilegar I bequeath you that the HEC is a serumano as anyone and he did towards God. only God can judge. I condolences to the family by Mr chi that the god has in his glory. but also we are not anyone to judge what makes this work only God our lord. the other driver nearly lost their lives as well. but if it is not our Lord is that I have a beautiful with the purpose. and I am confident that our midst Hobro. that was an accident rather than a acesinato ... God bless you all ..... bliblia first looking at the San Mateo chapter 7 in the judging others
that the trial court that juzgaiz sereis and the extent to which sickle medis be measured and a view that the straw that this sheet in your brother? and not made to see the beam that is in your own sheets? Dire as your brother let me remove the beam YOUR leaf HE whom the beam in pasco Tuyen IPOCRITA SAC beam from your own eye and then see better to remove the straw sheets NOT your brother DEIS the holy to dogs NI ECHEIS NUETRS Perle before swine THAT IS NOT THE trampled and becomes And OS DESPEDACEN ..... AMEN
What are you rattling on about? The other driver crossed the median without headlights on. I think your amigo is clearly to blame.
I'm just say'in...
LITA legal person

Peachtree City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Judged:

number one is not my friend but I want to be helph at this difficult time more now that justice has been cruel man .......... the god of divine expire mo Mr ........
maybe the number tow was distracted but that does not mean that the way it did ..........
if this number tree outside your case by a distracion or know that god was real mind what happened ..... that was not drugs or alchool that I work at the hospital where he was tended to and was actually tested, which were negative ........ and their families told us that not had any kind of service was believer .... very healthy and if not we must see the reality was an accident that could happen to him which wants ..... that went to the penalty but everything goes through something and I ...... I am legal here that I come from a qui me ashamed of my country that is racist ta if everything we are children of God .....
holli

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

my teacher's friend was in the terriabe crash
Alexander Giles

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

The driver of the cab was more than a "Cabbie" as has been described. The man we know as Chi was my student at North Metro Technical College and I watched him work, very hard and support a family as he studied to become a NURSE. He had a strong, caring spirit and I, along with many others are devastated by this tragedy. The world has lost a good man and the healthcare world has lost an incredible professional.
As far as the driver that killed Chi, I have to wonder why the accident occurred, was it carelessness, ignorance, or impairment? Regardless, it occurred and if he is indeed here illegally, then that will be addressed-did he have a driver's license in the 1st place?
Chi will be buried tomorrow.
tezi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

telhaso tezi
mouses

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

ena alah 3la koli sh kader subhan alah
testigo

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

And is more than a year of what occurred and I apologize but for the people we discriminate against the person of another car was also a very hardworking person who had just arrived from another state who was driving to work over 16 hours to set in a better place to also support her family. why the accident happened many illegal or accident happen to us all once in life I touch on that day and since I pay so please ask for respect

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Smyrna News Video

•••
Smyrna Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Smyrna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••