no

a little bit

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 27, 2010
The poll seems accurate to me. I remember when Atlanta was such a great city in which to live and work. You could walk downtown after dark with no fear of being mugged, and a robbery or murder was rare, but look at it now after the you know what's have become predominate. Even the local newspaper is about to go bankrupt because this crowd can't or doesn't even read. The recent leaders have let the infrastructure implode from neglect, and crime is near that of Detroit. Atlanta today is a ghetto compared to the Atlanta of the 70's.
What

Glasgow, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2010
well hopefully it will get better for you

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 1, 2010
this is funny
Burgerking

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 4, 2010
Ive lived in atlanta my whole life and theres a lot to fucking do here. theres a huge ghetto full of drugs yeah. love it. and theres a massive number of yuppies. yeah hate them. and a bunch of rich people. buckheads got a bunch of rich folk and shit. Atlantas a lot like LA. only half the size.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 5, 2010
Burgerking wrote:
Ive lived in atlanta my whole life and theres a lot to fucking do here. theres a huge ghetto full of drugs yeah. love it. and theres a massive number of yuppies. yeah hate them. and a bunch of rich people. buckheads got a bunch of rich folk and shit. Atlantas a lot like LA. only half the size.
I can tell by how your post is written you were educated in the Atlanta School System.
Grob Hahn

Duluth, GA

#6 Mar 5, 2010
I remember the 70s when you wouldn't walk alone downtown at night because of all the vagrants, and a huge number of them were white. Of course a white vagrant these days isn't as common downtown.
Grobbbbbbbb

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 May 28, 2010
in 2004 Atlanta had the highest child poverty rate in the US http://www.topix.com/forum/atlanta/TAGUJAPQQN...
GayPrideMonth

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jun 8, 2010
it depends on what part of Atlanta you'r in. SouthSide is GHETTO, while N., N.E., and parts of intown are mostly white.
CaGuyRswl

Marietta, GA

#9 Jul 17, 2010
GayPrideMonth wrote:
it depends on what part of Atlanta you'r in. SouthSide is GHETTO, while N., N.E., and parts of intown are mostly white.
Completely untrue ... Perhaps a VERY small area of City of Atlanta NW are affluent or "mostly white" however if you look at the demographics of the NW / NE sectors of the City of Atlanta it clearly indicates that the NW (80%+) and NE (40%+) are "non white" residents.

City of Atlanta is fairly intermixed racially, perhaps not socio-economically in all areas ... I've lived here 19 years, really hasn't gotten socially better
Ghetto Violence

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2010
Billy McKinney died and went straight to hell yesterday. The well known Atlanta racist was famous for his hateful rants against whites and Jews. His revolutionary racist daughter, mental defective Cynthia McKinney, survives him.
SouthBeach

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jul 17, 2010
There is a god indeed! I really appreciate you passing that along. Also, gaypride- that's funny! You're right, don't listen to the douchebag from the suburbs! You know he's telling folks that Roswell is "right near buckhead!" LOL!

Location hidden

#12 Jul 17, 2010
Ghetto Violence wrote:
Billy McKinney died and went straight to hell yesterday. The well known Atlanta racist was famous for his hateful rants against whites and Jews. His revolutionary racist daughter, mental defective Cynthia McKinney, survives him.
I hope billy is paying for all the lies he told and the daughter he raised by being crispy in hell as I type this.
stinkey cynthia

United States

#13 Jul 18, 2010
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope billy is paying for all the lies he told and the daughter he raised by being crispy in hell as I type this.
Cynthia has found a new calling by laying down with every stinky unwashed terrorist she can find who hates on Israel.
beebee

Carrboro, NC

#14 Jul 27, 2010
I visited ATL twice. I also visited Stone Mountain Ga. I could live in Stone Mountain but ATL, College Park, Riverdale area...aww Hell No! It's too "over the top" there! The women are all tattooed up, body piercings, wigs and tracks on their heads, they walk around in stellettos, and baby phat logos on their butts like that's the thing to do! Not all women but most look fake and trashy and the men got on doo rags and red shorts! RED!. It's an identity crisis there, the roles have seemed to "switch". Not hating on homsexuals but why would I want to live in a highly gay community? I'm a single, black, straight female! I'm sorry but to me it seems like the place to go if you just don't give a damn. And who lied and labled ATL the "fashion capt"? Says who? Where's the fashion? OMG! I was at a graduation ceremony and those fools wouldn't even stand when the graduates entered the auditorium, and the talked thru the entire ceramony! Folks were running up to the stage to take pictures of family, calling out their names, cell phones ringing, babies crying. One baby shitted b/c I smelled it and the mom didn't have sense enough to change it's diaper! WTH! I was embarresed for my people. I don't ever want to live there, it was terrible! If I was to live in Ga it would be on the outskirts definitely!

Location hidden

#15 Jul 27, 2010
This is the way blacks sell books to schools. Are all black educators crooked in Dekalb Co and Atlanta City?

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-probes-...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 27, 2010
beebee wrote:
I visited ATL twice. I also visited Stone Mountain Ga. I could live in Stone Mountain but ATL, College Park, Riverdale area...aww Hell No! It's too "over the top" there! The women are all tattooed up, body piercings, wigs and tracks on their heads, they walk around in stellettos, and baby phat logos on their butts like that's the thing to do! Not all women but most look fake and trashy and the men got on doo rags and red shorts! RED!. It's an identity crisis there, the roles have seemed to "switch". Not hating on homsexuals but why would I want to live in a highly gay community? I'm a single, black, straight female! I'm sorry but to me it seems like the place to go if you just don't give a damn. And who lied and labled ATL the "fashion capt"? Says who? Where's the fashion? OMG! I was at a graduation ceremony and those fools wouldn't even stand when the graduates entered the auditorium, and the talked thru the entire ceramony! Folks were running up to the stage to take pictures of family, calling out their names, cell phones ringing, babies crying. One baby shitted b/c I smelled it and the mom didn't have sense enough to change it's diaper! WTH! I was embarresed for my people. I don't ever want to live there, it was terrible! If I was to live in Ga it would be on the outskirts definitely!
lol
Brodo

Duluth, GA

#17 Jul 27, 2010
beebee wrote:
You jus been actin white for too long. ATL sets the trend for the Hip Hop lifestyle. Clearly you have been someplace else for too long to appreciate the nuances. I see ATL fashion spreadin all over the USA an its way more than keepin the tags on.
beebee

Carrboro, NC

#18 Jul 27, 2010
Brodo wrote:
<quoted text>
You jus been actin white for too long. ATL sets the trend for the Hip Hop lifestyle. Clearly you have been someplace else for too long to appreciate the nuances. I see ATL fashion spreadin all over the USA an its way more than keepin the tags on.
No Brodo the Dodo. You've jus been in ATL too long. Don't try to rectify such behavior on my part, it is what is is...wtf eva it is! Acting white? You're ignant too I see. Nuances huh...you got that right. I don't have to like it or be labled as "acting white" b/c I disagree with ATL nuances...lol!. Every black person is not into weaves, fake nails, same sex relationships and ghetto fashions. That's not fashion, that's some hot mess! And they look jus like people expect them to look. Don't spread that mess outside of ATL, leave it right there where you all can appreciate it's nuances...lol! PAAAALEEEASE!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 27, 2010
diane77 wrote:
in 2004 Atlanta had the highest child poverty rate in the US http://www.topix.com/forum/atlanta/TAGUJAPQQN...

This seems very unlikely to be true.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 27, 2010
All blacks don't follow the Atlanta ghetto model, watch this:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any H outside the bluffs ? 2 hr ralkp 9
Just checkin 3 hr Meme 1
Five Reasons Why Obama Is A Good President (Jun '11) 3 hr DapperDave 8,416
DON'T EAT AT: Buca di Beppo, America's worst It... 10 hr Daddy stop it 2
removal of silicone from body (Mar '14) 17 hr Be Aware 306
Goodwill Bringing New Store to Atlanta, Hiring ... 17 hr Apoiermcxiudamik 1
Sprint Stores -Augusta, GA. Job Discrimination ... 18 hr Red Dog Melvin 1

Smyrna News Video

Smyrna Dating
Find my Match