Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son

Posted in the Smyer Forum

Comments (Page 18)

Showing posts 341 - 360 of440
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Update

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#343
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

5

2

2

Been following this case for a long time and wanted to post an update on the status of DNA testing. Ive tried to post this on Webslueths but have never received access to post despite trying.

Anyway, I'm a lawyer and have access to the status reports filed in federal court. Those status reports are supposed to be filed every 180 days by the judge's order but Darlie has not filed one since 1/7/11. In that report, she states STR and YSTR testing was to be conducted by the Texas Dept of Public Safety and Mitochondrial DNA testing by the Center for Human Identification at the University of North Texas Science Center. As of January 2011, Darlie reported the Mitochondrial DNA testing was complete as of August 20, 2010. The STR and YSTR testing was not yet complete.

Suffice to say, I don't think the DNA results were favorable to Darlie or she would be shouting it to the rooftops. It reminds me of her polygraphs, which she miserably failed and then conveniently never mentioned again.

I have read the entirety of the trial transcripts and reviewed the photos, GeneScreen reports and other evidence and all I can say is that she had good representation but the scientific evidence is overwhelming for her guilt. As a mother myself, I first believed she could be innocent and wanted it to be so. But aftet doing my homework, the evidence proves otherwise. And no, I am not referring to silly string, her conflicting stories and shock in the days after the crime, and I do not think her motive was money. While those might be telling, my opinion is based solely on the hard evidence because human behavior can vary so widely in tough situations, so I don't believe those things prove guilt. They are merely part of the larger backdrop. I wont get into my full opinions because it would be a novel, but suffice to say she cannot refute the blood evidence in this case. Also, for those who repeat Darlie's party line that photos, etc were not shown to the jury, do your research. The transcript plainly proves they were shown and discussed at trial. Even Darlie does not dispute the photos were shown, and does not argue in a single appeal that the photos were not shown - because they were entered into evidence!

Nonetheless, I am glad the Court ordered additional testing because this controversy can finally be put to rest before she's put to death. I believe the reason we have not heard results from her is because they once again show only Darlie could be the perpetrator of this crime.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#344
Nov 8, 2012
 
thank you for the update. It is appreciated.
caddwell

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#345
Nov 12, 2012
 
1)The bloodied sock could of been planted before the crime
2)what were the words heavily crossed out in her statement
3)How could Damon wake her if he had been stabbed before she found the knife & turned the light on
Here2Opine

Chickamauga, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#346
Nov 20, 2012
 
caddwell wrote:
1)The bloodied sock could of been planted before the crime
2)what were the words heavily crossed out in her statement
3)How could Damon wake her if he had been stabbed before she found the knife & turned the light on
#3 still confuses me also. It's just not possible.
Here2Opine

Chickamauga, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#347
Nov 20, 2012
 
hoping she gets out wrote:
Im not an expert but think she got screwed!There are to many things thst were not brought out in court.
Like what? Have you read the transcripts?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#348
Nov 20, 2012
 
Transcripts wrote:
She did win an appeal to get additional dna tested, that was over 2 years ago and it hasnt been done yet, they are still trying to raise the money I assume.
The DNA results were done in August 2010. Darlies team haven't published anything on it so I assume it doesn't favor any of Darlies stories.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#349
Nov 20, 2012
 
Update wrote:
As of January 2011, Darlie reported the Mitochondrial DNA testing was complete as of August 20, 2010. The STR and YSTR testing was not yet complete.
Suffice to say, I don't think the DNA results were favorable to Darlie or she would be shouting it to the rooftops. It reminds me of her polygraphs, which she miserably failed and then conveniently never mentioned again.
Can I get a link to the records? I can't find anything else about the August 2010 results. Thanx!
Student

Frenchburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#350
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

6

Darlie is GUILTY as HELL!
Update

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#351
Nov 24, 2012
 
The records are on Pacer - the court records site. I can't provide a usable link because its a paid site primarily used by attorneys for document filing and retrieval of federal court documents.
worker

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#352
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

8

4

Darlie is guilty as guilty can be people! There was no intruder. If you believe that there was an intruder please answer these questions:

1. What intuder comes into a house and gets a bread knife from the homes kitchen and then goes to cut the screen?

2. What intruder comes into a house and murders 2 children with another knife from the kitchen and then after cleans up the bloody handprint of Damons from the couch and then goes and cleans the blood all around the sink?

3. What intruder who would be covered with blood could leave that house without dropping some blood on the garage floor, window or the gate?

4. The most important thing is this. How did Darlie get cast-off blood from both boys on her night shirt? The blood got there from Darlie raising the knife up and down while stabbing her children.

Darlie can deny that she killed them but she did. Wake up people who think this monster is innocent.
Bella

Grayson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#353
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

The reason Darin wasn't looked into further is Darlie was adament he was upstairs and had nothing to do with crime, also why was front door unlocked when he claimed he locked it! Darlie deserves a new trial, this isn't a freaking third world country! I just don't know! It could go either way.
Bella

Grayson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#354
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This case has been driving me crazy!!!!! All points lead to Darlie!!! That is evident! I know in my gut Darin was involved with trying to help her cover it up as well as some staging and possibly even inflicting the wound on Darlie! The Court Tv interview you can read between the lines and see she is blaming Darin, without actually coming out and saying it!!! Uggggg . I have read, and watched all regarding this case for 2 months ' and I can't shake it! Is something big about to implode! Those beautiful baby boys are in my thoughts!!!!!!. Evidence is either there for her behalf or it is not, I mean how long can you blame a state for not giving a new trial!??. She tried that with transcripts and it didn't work! geeeeze I'm driving my hubby crazy with this!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#355
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Bella wrote:
Evidence is either there for her behalf or it is not, I mean how long can you blame a state for not giving a new trial!??. She tried that with transcripts and it didn't work! geeeeze I'm driving my hubby crazy with this!!!!!
I've read the transcripts, watched all the interviews, I find her guilty as sin. Also, the DNA evidence testing was completed Dec. 2012 and her team isn't releasing the results. Instead, they're asking for more $ for federal testing. That leads me to believe the DNA tests didn't come back in her favor. Read more on the Justice for Devon and Damon facebook page.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#356
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Darin assisted in the cover-up. I feel in my heart he was in completely shock upon seeing his babies in that condition. He was obsessed with Darlie and loved her regardless of what she did to those babies! They both had no idea that she would be arrested much less confined to death row! When she is sent to see her maker, then and only then will Darin come out with a tell all! If Darin were involved in the murders, darlie would have thrown him under the bus years ago!!!!! She was feeling sorry for herself that night, How is she going to explain her reasons for not being able to go to Mexico with her girlfriends. They were broke and she was embarrassed. Darin did everything he could to get her the money for CanCun, when reality set in and it was apparent that it was a no-go she freaked out' I also believed she pulled the separation card as she has in the past to get her way and there was nothing he could do this time except say fine leave,we are losing everything anyway . This argument that ensued that night confirmed that the life she had been living was crashing all around her, maybe in her warped twisted mind she could profit in some way as the survivor and keep the property that meant so much to her , donitations would come poring in, Hollywood would definitly be calling!and all the material posessions outweighed the love for her children! IMO !!!
Sam

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#357
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

5

How is it all these people from Asland KY know Darlie and know Drake so well? I thought she was from Texas, not Kentucky?
Ok, did all of you Darlie suporters actually read the court transcripts or are you supporting her because she's a nice person? Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey,and Charles Manson were "nice" people too. Nice has nothing to do with it..READ THE TRANSCRIPTS, look at the evidence and the lies she was caught in on the stand.
jolivo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#358
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marsha wrote:
You are childish for the name calling and i really don't care what you think anyway. What kind of a mother does not go to the aide of her to children? and i saw the evidence that had against her she is where she should be. Those of you who think she is innocent are just stupid so bite me bag
I think the bitch did it I was on m. View with this woman not one time did she show any kinda emotion for her boys... let the bitch rot n jail were she belongs....
worker

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#359
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jolivo wrote:
<quoted text>I think the bitch did it I was on m. View with this woman not one time did she show any kinda emotion for her boys... let the bitch rot n jail were she belongs....
Did you work at mountainview or were you an inmate at mountainview? Did you ever have any conversations with Darlie?
raynjuls

Hays, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#360
Apr 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Tatum wrote:
I've followed this case off and on over the years, and I have to say: Darlie, imho, is completely innocent. Its a sad thing that this poor woman has been wrongly accused, convicted, and still sits in prison for a crime she didn't commit. I agree with the previous statement of challenging anyone to cut their own throat to "prove" Darlie cut her throat. I see noone seems to be arguing that statement. Because deep down you all know she is innocent, and its just easier for ya'll to believe justice was served than to face the truth: the real killer is still out there.*Free Darlie*
Yeah, cut my own throat to prove Darlie cut hers? Brilliant legal reasoning. Plenty of evidence of staging, no evidence of an intruder. Motive is superfluous, the overwhelming weight of the totality of the physical and circumstantial evidence put her where she belongs.
Gwen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#361
Apr 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Update wrote:
The records are on Pacer - the court records site. I can't provide a usable link because its a paid site primarily used by attorneys for document filing and retrieval of federal court documents.
So we are supposed to declare her guilty because you claim your an attorney and you claim you've seen these documents that no one else has access too!!! Your a crock!! Free Darlie and put this whack in her place!!
KNoc

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#362
Apr 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

It is unbelievable that people actually think she is innocent. People-where are your eyes, ears and heart? She is guilty as hell. I will say this though, I do not believe in the death penalty but she should have to spend the rest of her days locked in a cell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 341 - 360 of440
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Smyer Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Smyer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Smyer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Smyer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Smyer
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••