Liquor Stores Voted "YES" in Woodbury, "NO" in Smithville

Nov 7, 2012 Full story: WGNS Radio 8

In Cannon County, Liquor Stores are coming to the Woodbury City Limits now that 55.45% of the registered Woodbury City voters voted yes on the issue.

Full Story
College Boy

United States

#1 Nov 7, 2012
I guess the church opposition was not as well organized as in DeKalb. Now maybe IRS will investigate these churches for political affiliations and influence.
Popcorn

Smithville, TN

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Congrats Smithville. Where bootleggers will always have a market.
CFM

Smithville, TN

#3 Nov 9, 2012
College Boy wrote:
I guess the church opposition was not as well organized as in DeKalb. Now maybe IRS will investigate these churches for political affiliations and influence.
There's nothing I'd like to see more than about a dozen SUVs full of IRS agents rolling into this town to investigate every last "preacher" who has opened his mouth and told his congregation how to vote on ANYTHING.

Woodbury has always seemed a little more with it than Smithville when it comes to things like this, so I'm not surprised at how they voted. They actually put the well being of their people before their fears that somebody might have a snort of whiskey.
split second

Smithville, TN

#4 Nov 9, 2012
CFM wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing I'd like to see more than about a dozen SUVs full of IRS agents rolling into this town to investigate every last "preacher" who has opened his mouth and told his congregation how to vote on ANYTHING.
Woodbury has always seemed a little more with it than Smithville when it comes to things like this, so I'm not surprised at how they voted. They actually put the well being of their people before their fears that somebody might have a snort of whiskey.
And every time it rolls around for the Democrat Presidential candidates they attend the black churches and jump and shout and act they are members and no one says a darn thing about that. Don't blame the preachers...that's a copout....
hangnail

Smithville, TN

#5 Nov 9, 2012
CFM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I had know that liquor was for my "well being"...dang I could have been having a good time all these 70+ years. Reckon it's too late?
CFM

Smithville, TN

#6 Nov 9, 2012
split second wrote:
<quoted text> And every time it rolls around for the Democrat Presidential candidates they attend the black churches and jump and shout and act they are members and no one says a darn thing about that. Don't blame the preachers...that's a copout....
Then let the IRS deal with it in those communities where it's an issue.

And I do blame preachers. They are a BIG part of what's wrong with our country right now.
Wow

Smithville, TN

#7 Nov 10, 2012
CFM wrote:
<quoted text>
SUV's full of IRS Agents investigating the clergy?
Wow CFM, I had no idea that you LGBT,(Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender) Obama supporters would attack so hard over the issue of a liquor license.
Personally, I could care less if you lick her, him or it, as long as you do so in the privacy of your own home.
Please stop enjoy your own lifestyle and leave the Church out of your chosen lifestyle.
CFM

Smithville, TN

#8 Nov 11, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
SUV's full of IRS Agents investigating the clergy?
Wow CFM, I had no idea that you LGBT,(Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender) Obama supporters would attack so hard over the issue of a liquor license.
Personally, I could care less if you lick her, him or it, as long as you do so in the privacy of your own home.
Please stop enjoy your own lifestyle and leave the Church out of your chosen lifestyle.
It's more than a liquor referendum or marriage equality for gays and lesbians. Women had a LOT to lose this election, too, and a lot of preachers seemed to want to take us back to the dark ages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
needs help finding out his name 6 hr Glad2Help 5
Wendy Driver 7 hr wth 1
kfc/tb (May '14) 9 hr Poor people 13
Wayne and Brenda Lattimore Fri tngurl 2
Septic Pumping (Jul '13) Thu jax23willis 23
Black mustang (Jul '12) Thu Lincoln 118
Foutch Industries Jan 29 Okay 5
Smithville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web