Mike Foster Should Resign - NOW!
blue

Nashville, TN

#185 Feb 24, 2012
PITIFUL........PITIFUL........ HOW LOTS OF THE CROOKED AND COVER UP ARE COMING FROM DEKALB! I AM APPALLED HOW THIS "LADY" GOT ALL THESE MEN TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED. THE COVER UP IS STILL GOING ON AND IT IS AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE FOSTER!
disgusted

Altamont, TN

#186 Feb 24, 2012
Joanne wrote:
THIRTY DAY leave ? What is that going to prove ? Is there going to be something done about the chairman etc? "People are jealous of Ms Askins" ? Some may have been but they aren't now. What a stupid response.
You noticed on 5 last night Phil W wasn't backing down. You could hear him saying "thats not what you told me before". You go Phil ! Was he there this morning ? Was the meeting room full ? I wanted to go but had a Dr appt that I've waited two months for.
I originally thought it was to be at night. Guess that left the possiblility that too many people would be off work and coming to see what they had to say....yeah, that makes sense, have it in the morning when everyone is working, at school, etc.
COWARDS !!!
Your information is right, just read the channel 5 report. My thoughts are what a weird set of items to ask for. To give two weeks, and 30 leave. Car, card gone. Then to retro - acively rescind the minutes. Weird. THIS MUST BE WHAT THE LAWYERS CAME UP WITH. What they reccomended to do to satiate the thirst for blood.
whoo

Nashville, TN

#187 Feb 24, 2012
New way if banking, lets just all go to the food stamp office and government offices and let them be our collateral, WE WILL ALL HAVE MANSIONS! I DO WANT ONE OF THOSE 3D GAMING SYSTEMS TO! REMEMBER WHAT I SAY LADY: YOU WILL PAY AND PAY DEARLY MAYBE NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME BUT WHEN YOU MEET YOUR MAKER. I SURE WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YOU!
whoo

Nashville, TN

#188 Feb 24, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>Theft, fraud and embezzlement......plain and simple. Anyone else would be arrested for this.


You are correct! How can they get by with this? Why aren't law enforcement involved? If it was me, or you we would already be under the jail.
Just Sayin

Smithville, TN

#189 Feb 24, 2012
It's like Mike Foster said, nobody is on that board because they want to be, they are VOTED on. Mike Foster is doing the best he can to explain a situation that he does not have hard evidence about, that is why there is going to be an INVESTIGATION, I agree there is probably something fishy going on with Askins spending and lavish living, but Mike Foster is just trying to do his job as Chairman of a board that he was voted onto. Back off, unless you think you can do a better job!
Sayin More

Nashville, TN

#190 Feb 24, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
It's like Mike Foster said, nobody is on that board because they want to be, they are VOTED on. Mike Foster is doing the best he can to explain a situation that he does not have hard evidence about, that is why there is going to be an INVESTIGATION, I agree there is probably something fishy going on with Askins spending and lavish living, but Mike Foster is just trying to do his job as Chairman of a board that he was voted onto. Back off, unless you think you can do a better job!
So what they gonna do after 30 days? Hire em back?

Anyone else would have been put on leave pending the end of the investigation - period.

Foster is so deep in this they will get him too when the investigation is over.

I got no confidence in Mike Foster. He has defended their crooked actions because he is involved and is trying to cover his own hind end.

Foster said on WJLE the lawyers told them not to say anything positive or negative, but there Foster was defending Wendy and the rest. Foster is a crook and needs to go.
Just Sayin

Smithville, TN

#191 Feb 24, 2012
Foster is not deep on anything except demand, He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.I don't know who any of you are or WHY any of you feel you have the right to come down on Mike Foster, but for those that are accusing Foster and Askins of having a relationship...yeah okay, Mike Foster is in Smithville ALL THE TIME, he spends his time and effort here at home trying to help people. If he was "with" Askins, he would be spending time at "her" house, not ours (DeKalb COunty)
Sayin More

Nashville, TN

#192 Feb 24, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
Foster is not deep on anything except demand, He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.I don't know who any of you are or WHY any of you feel you have the right to come down on Mike Foster, but for those that are accusing Foster and Askins of having a relationship...yeah okay, Mike Foster is in Smithville ALL THE TIME, he spends his time and effort here at home trying to help people. If he was "with" Askins, he would be spending time at "her" house, not ours (DeKalb COunty)
I have no idea about "Mike and Wendy" and I don't care, nor has it been menetioned in the last few pages.

The posts are about Mike Foster and his dishonesty and deals with LTD and running UCDD.

As far as Mike Foster staying in Smithville - that is BS and a lot of people who go by the courthouse to see Mike or call the office to talk to Mike will tell you - the secretaries often say Mike isn't here, he's in Cookeville.

Mike Foster spends a lot of time in Cookeville. I always figured it was on county business or related to uchra or ucdd.

And we have all seen Mike on TV taking up for Wendy and UCDD, that don't mean Mike is having a relationship. It means Mike Foster is much involved in ucdd and uchra business.
Sure

Nashville, TN

#193 Feb 24, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
Foster is not deep on anything except demand, He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.I don't know who any of you are or WHY any of you feel you have the right to come down on Mike Foster, but for those that are accusing Foster and Askins of having a relationship...yeah okay, Mike Foster is in Smithville ALL THE TIME, he spends his time and effort here at home trying to help people. If he was "with" Askins, he would be spending time at "her" house, not ours (DeKalb COunty)
Sure Dude, Mike Foster ain't in nothing deep. Lets see what happens and what the investigations shows - what did Foster know and when did he know it?

Mike be in real deep and its all gonna come out - this is far from over.

This is Fostergate.
DCDDA

Nashville, TN

#194 Feb 24, 2012
Mike Foster is going to pay the price for being the top dog, always controlling things and always wanting to micro-manage.

Foster looked bad on the news tonite, thought he was going to start crying - especially when they fired the UCDD auditor.

Poor Mike, must be tough knowing there is so much more to be uncovered and that you can't control it.
TAFT

Nashville, TN

#195 Feb 24, 2012
How come ya'all always blame Mike? I seen the Smithville Mayor's big smilin face on TV. Look like Taft is just as much to blame!!!
cryin and lyin

Nashville, TN

#196 Feb 24, 2012
Mike Foster cryin and lyin over the board minutes.

Must be tough for old cryin and lyin Mike, specially when he didn't know when the meetin was.

They caught you Mike - and everyone can see it on:

http://www.newschannel5.com/category/231879/n...

Mike Foster b defending everything.
Amazed

Nashville, TN

#197 Feb 24, 2012
Everywhere I go the talk is Mike Foster and the scandal in Cookeville. The grocery store, the gas station, Walmart, and they are even talking about it in the surrounding counties - when they see my car tag is from DeKalb County.

How surprizing since Mr. Foster always seemed so trustworthy.

Most people seem to have lost trust in Mr. Foster and in a few places the people seem to be hostile towards Mike Foster.
Interesting

Nashville, TN

#198 Feb 24, 2012
Mike Foster is under the microscope until this investigation is over, and the investigation won't be over for several months, maybe a year, year and a half, depending.

Sounds like the next year is going to be fun.
WoWa

Nashville, TN

#199 Feb 24, 2012
Newschannel 5+ Right now has the whole UCDD meeting on right now.
Huha

Nashville, TN

#200 Feb 24, 2012
How convienient - too many boards and nobody knows anything.

What a mess. What a relief, Mikey Foster don't know nothin cause it was all under a different board.

But Mikey is the chairman over the whole shootin match.

Sure hope Wendy Askins and Larry Webb don't go to prison because the board or boards overseeing them didn't know what was going on. Sounds like the Mafia - when the sh#t hits the fan, no one knows nothing.

So how did the board put Wendy Askins and Larry Webb on administrative leave at 5:00 PM, on Thursday the night before the board met?

Guess that must have been another board that put Wendy and Larry on administrative leave - but the other boards decision had to be approved by Mike Foster and his board?

But wait does some other board have to approve the UCDD Mike Foster Board?
Joanne

Quebeck, TN

#201 Feb 24, 2012
OMG...... If Foster is the Chairman of the Board, then, isn't it the Chairmans job to directly oversee the operations of the organization ? You don't just appoint someone Director and turn your back on the whole deal !!!

His first interview with Phil was much different than the last one, and we all noticed. Hard to hide something under the rug when it's Phil Williams knocking on the door.

I'd say Mike Foster is the next one that needs to go if for no other reason than he didn't do the job he was appointed to do as Chariman of the Board.What a bunch of yahoos. Now the whole state sees what everyone locally has been seeing for a long time.

Fire Mike Foster !
mickeymouse

Minor Hill, TN

#202 Feb 25, 2012
Only one thing we can do, Blue, remember Mr. Foster come election time!
blue wrote:
PITIFUL........PITIFUL........ HOW LOTS OF THE CROOKED AND COVER UP ARE COMING FROM DEKALB! I AM APPALLED HOW THIS "LADY" GOT ALL THESE MEN TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED. THE COVER UP IS STILL GOING ON AND IT IS AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE FOSTER!
trueboo

Minor Hill, TN

#203 Feb 25, 2012
yes, but he's quick to tell the camera, "We did the right thing tonight." Mikey wouldn't know the right thing if it bit him in the arse!
cryin and lyin wrote:
Mike Foster cryin and lyin over the board minutes.
Must be tough for old cryin and lyin Mike, specially when he didn't know when the meetin was.
They caught you Mike - and everyone can see it on:
http://www.newschannel5.com/category/231879/n...
Mike Foster b defending everything.
restless

Minor Hill, TN

#204 Feb 25, 2012
Here we go again, it's a simple and sometimes effective strategy, divert blame! It's the auditor, the mysterious sabatoger, the devil!
Joanne wrote:
OMG...... If Foster is the Chairman of the Board, then, isn't it the Chairmans job to directly oversee the operations of the organization ? You don't just appoint someone Director and turn your back on the whole deal !!!
His first interview with Phil was much different than the last one, and we all noticed. Hard to hide something under the rug when it's Phil Williams knocking on the door.
I'd say Mike Foster is the next one that needs to go if for no other reason than he didn't do the job he was appointed to do as Chariman of the Board.What a bunch of yahoos. Now the whole state sees what everyone locally has been seeing for a long time.
Fire Mike Foster !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you heard Taysed and Confused? ROCKIN! 2 hr Final Justice bass 90
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Jan '10) 3 hr jkh 2,612
UFO sighting 7 hr TTH 30
Tasha whaley??? 8 hr Chris 1
News Tennessee Senate to vote on optional a In God W... 8 hr resident 25
The Trump-Russia story isn't going away,The USA... 11 hr resident 304
drugs and deadbeats (Feb '12) 19 hr fookyew 58

Smithville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smithville Mortgages