City Walk Apartments Bad Review

City Walk Apartments Bad Review

Posted in the Smithville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

Monroe, NC

#1 Nov 20, 2012
I know you just say City Walk Apartments & most ppl crendge. Well for those very few who do not already know it here's a friendly word of advice. It has got to be the on the list of absolute worst places to live in Dekalb Co. Tn. The bulk of ppl whom reside in the apartments are ither on dope or selling dope. They have loud parties all days of the week uo to all hours of the night. Fights there is a everyday occurance. This is something displayed out of the residents homes in the open public. Steve Pringle owns these complex & gets renters by telling them he has cleaned it up there & does background cks now & remodled the units. You know given that their was a meth lab blew up & burnt one set of the complex down & all I guess he figures its no secret as to what kind of place he has running there!! When infact Steve Pringle in his own words "Is all about the money" he will rent to anyone who has cash in their pocket. Infact he is no dumby.....He is fully aware of what goes on. Several children have found syringes outside....thief is also a big problem here. Ppl making drug deals & drinking in plain view of the public & right next to the Dekalb Co.elementry school the Dept of Human Services & Children Services. This is my fair warring to any decent intellagent ppl whom are desprate to get into to a rental...this would be a very bad choice. Infact give the know his to most of Dekalb County resident how is it that this is still & up & going buissness? How is this sort of facility is allowed to countinue and all right under everyones noses & not even so much as be investagated by someone. The landlord here Steven Pringle is a major contributing factor. He allows it knows fully about it & when a tentant whom refuses to tolerate it complains .... he says to them that they are the outcast so they should prob. just move on out since they are the tenant with the problem. This is a outrage & more ppl should seek to do more about it. Where is our christan voters that voted no to liquor? Well this is worse right in town under our nose near our elementry school & our Dekalb Co. Offices!!!
armpit of dekalb

Nashville, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Tina

I agree with you 100% not only about City Walk Apartments (whoever named it that must have had high hopes once in a blue moon that families would be strolling down the walk in Smithville, which by the way without Centerhill lake...would be NOTHING.

armpit of the bible belt
Ex-Addict

Mcminnville, TN

#3 Dec 18, 2012
You're right! I was an active addict for a few years and Smithville was my main playground. Citywalk was the place to go to get whatever you wanted but mainly hard pills such as Morphine and Dillaudid. At one time I could go to any apartment in the old building, and most in the old, and get what I was looking for. If they didn't have it then, it would be delivered within minutes.

The problem is not limited to Citywalk of course, Smithville in general is being taken over by needle drugs. Having been there and done that, I do feel bad for the ones in active addiction. I know first hand what it's like and how desperate you get to get your drugs when your sick from withdraw. I did a lot of bad things during my addiction but, to anyone reading this that is still a suffering addict, there is help! You DO NOT have to live like that anymore.

The sense of peace I have found in recovery, I wouldn't trade it for all the pills in Smithville! If you want help, and you're willing to go to any length to change your life, post here and we can talk. I'm willing to help anyone that wants to help themselves!
interesting

Smithville, TN

#4 Dec 19, 2012
Noone knows the truth like an ex-addict. Why isn't all the drugs in this town being taken care of..when was the last time we saw sealed indictments for 40-60 drug dealers being issued, not in the last couple of years. Barley see any arrest anymore. Has complacency taken hold of our Sheriffs Department? Has our judges gotten soft..giving chance after chance! Officials need to step up and do the job that the citizens have appointed them to do..if not resign and give someonelse a chance to try to rid our county of drugs.
Anonymous

Liberty, TN

#5 Jan 24, 2013
The police hire the needle junkies to snitch but ya know they aren't gonna tell their connection so they tell on some small ass pill dealer to get them off their ass and keep their suppliers out of trouble.The only ones they are catching are the ones that pass out in parking lots or go in stores messed up, but I guess that is getting some of them off the streets.Hell half the cops now are about the same age as the addicts, they should have a clue to who and what, do a little work and find out enough to get proof.And all these break ins, ya know it isn't someone needing food (well it probably is because they sold their foodstamps for drugs)for their family it is someone that needs a fix.They don't know anything unless someone tells them, instead of police officer they should just start a website called I'm mad at this person and they are doing this:blah...blah...blah, but they are doing the same thing.
matt

Stroud, OK

#6 Nov 29, 2014
Dose anyone know where steve lives?
CIA

Smithville, TN

#7 Nov 29, 2014
matt wrote:
Dose anyone know where steve lives?
Yes.
fedup

Brush Creek, TN

#8 May 12, 2015
I have had the unfortunate circumstances if having to live there. The place is still full of thieves and drug dealers. Steve Pringle lives in the apartments now and nothing is changing. I made a complaint about the bugs and am now being forced from my home by mr pringle. I wouldn't recommend this place to a family of rats!
gladirecordedall thecalls

Crossville, TN

#9 May 15, 2015
Steven Pringle aided and abetted a theft honestly. When I left my ex, went back to pick up my stuf (a lot of it was things I'd gotten from my recently deceased, April 2014 and April 2015, grandparents) the door lock was changed. I called my ex at 8:30 at night and Steven Pringle answered (I have the call recorded) he told me I could NOT ENTER THE HOUSE I WAS ON THE LEASE OF AND PAID RENT AT TO GET MY STUFF.

He was even aware that I was physically assaulted by my ex and she had destroyed my property. I asked if I could just come by and pick up my things and he said no. Why Steven was at my ex's house at nearly 9 pm I don't know, why he wouldn't let me enter my house to have my things, I don't know. What I do know is that I'll be saving up for a decent lawyer to get some justice. Slumlords are bad enough, but telling me I couldn't enter my house to get my (and my grandparent's) stuff is just deplorable.
Big Pringle

Smithville, TN

#10 May 15, 2015
gladirecordedallthecalls wrote:
Steven Pringle aided and abetted a theft honestly. When I left my ex, went back to pick up my stuf (a lot of it was things I'd gotten from my recently deceased, April 2014 and April 2015, grandparents) the door lock was changed. I called my ex at 8:30 at night and Steven Pringle answered (I have the call recorded) he told me I could NOT ENTER THE HOUSE I WAS ON THE LEASE OF AND PAID RENT AT TO GET MY STUFF.
He was even aware that I was physically assaulted by my ex and she had destroyed my property. I asked if I could just come by and pick up my things and he said no. Why Steven was at my ex's house at nearly 9 pm I don't know, why he wouldn't let me enter my house to have my things, I don't know. What I do know is that I'll be saving up for a decent lawyer to get some justice. Slumlords are bad enough, but telling me I couldn't enter my house to get my (and my grandparent's) stuff is just deplorable.
You know what we were doing at 9 p.m. baby. Lots of nasty things, in your bed
KNB

Smithville, TN

#12 May 17, 2015
My husband and I almost got one of these apartments in December because like the post says Steven Pringle claimed he cleaned the place up and remodeled....so glad I knew ppl who used to live there that told me not to....now that the land lord would comment something as immature as that I'm really glad we didn't.....glad we don't have to raise our baby girl around sick creeps like him
wild bill

Lawndale, NC

#13 May 17, 2015
Well it sounds like to me steve is probably a little more involved with what goes on out their than just knowing about it. He is probably doing a little bit of using his self. and for the guy that couldnt get his belongings back because steve said no, all i can say is you have more patients than i do! Especially him being their with your ex at that time. that runs all over me just thinking about it! I would have burnt the whole dam complex down and said since i cant have my stuff u cant have yours either! He needs his ass stomped for that!
SMITHVILLE

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Sep 11, 2015
Sorry ass trash people live there. full of drugs.
simplebitch88

Charlotte, NC

#16 Sep 11, 2015
SMITHVILLE wrote:
Sorry ass trash people live there. full of drugs.
Not every body that lives at city walk does drugs...city walk has bn cleaned out from a lot of ppl who do drugs...and also lets add there is a lot of. Drug ppl in this town and a lot of sry ads hating mfrs..
used to live in apt 1

United States

#17 Feb 19, 2016
That guy that couldn't get his stuff from his ex had already been gone from the apartment for a couple months. She changed the locks because she came home one day and a bunch of stuff was gone, not all of it was his. I lived next door to that couple and I'm so glad for her that they are no longer together. That guy whining about getting beat up by a little bitty girl he had it coming to him. I heard them fighting often and I was afraid to intervene.
I'm glad to know she finally fought him back. Dude was nothing but a drug user and looks like a fucking terrorist.
Did anyone see him acting all erratic that day when he called the cops on her?
Best part was, the police told him he can't use her apartment as a storage building. She never came outside but me and another family helped take a ton of crap outside to him.
The police told him he was lucky he got anything.
Heard Her Bark

Smithville, TN

#18 Feb 19, 2016
gladirecordedallthecalls wrote:
Steven Pringle aided and abetted a theft honestly. When I left my ex, went back to pick up my stuf (a lot of it was things I'd gotten from my recently deceased, April 2014 and April 2015, grandparents) the door lock was changed. I called my ex at 8:30 at night and Steven Pringle answered (I have the call recorded) he told me I could NOT ENTER THE HOUSE I WAS ON THE LEASE OF AND PAID RENT AT TO GET MY STUFF.
He was even aware that I was physically assaulted by my ex and she had destroyed my property. I asked if I could just come by and pick up my things and he said no. Why Steven was at my ex's house at nearly 9 pm I don't know, why he wouldn't let me enter my house to have my things, I don't know. What I do know is that I'll be saving up for a decent lawyer to get some justice. Slumlords are bad enough, but telling me I couldn't enter my house to get my (and my grandparent's) stuff is just deplorable.
"Why Steven was at my ex's house at nearly 9 pm I don't know, why?"

Seriously? You don't know why? Jeez dude, they were playing Gunsmoke and Matt Dillon went over to tune up Miss Kitty.. He was slammin his salami in her big jiggly ass and she was barking like a Chihuahua and they done it all on your granny's bed.
friend of friend

Smithville, TN

#19 Mar 7, 2016
i have friends there who aint on drugs. but they do want to find a different place
autumn

Smithville, TN

#20 Apr 2, 2016
Does anyone have steve number
Steve from city walk

Smithville, TN

#21 Oct 11, 2016
tina ervin wrote:
I know you just say City Walk Apartments & most ppl crendge. Well for those very few who do not already know it here's a friendly word of advice. It has got to be the on the list of absolute worst places to live in Dekalb Co. Tn. The bulk of ppl whom reside in the apartments are ither on dope or selling dope. They have loud parties all days of the week uo to all hours of the night. Fights there is a everyday occurance. This is something displayed out of the residents homes in the open public. Steve Pringle owns these complex & gets renters by telling them he has cleaned it up there & does background cks now & remodled the units. You know given that their was a meth lab blew up & burnt one set of the complex down & all I guess he figures its no secret as to what kind of place he has running there!! When infact Steve Pringle in his own words "Is all about the money" he will rent to anyone who has cash in their pocket. Infact he is no dumby.....He is fully aware of what goes on. Several children have found syringes outside....thief is also a big problem here. Ppl making drug deals & drinking in plain view of the public & right next to the Dekalb Co.elementry school the Dept of Human Services & Children Services. This is my fair warring to any decent intellagent ppl whom are desprate to get into to a rental...this would be a very bad choice. Infact give the know his to most of Dekalb County resident how is it that this is still & up & going buissness? How is this sort of facility is allowed to countinue and all right under everyones noses & not even so much as be investagated by someone. The landlord here Steven Pringle is a major contributing factor. He allows it knows fully about it & when a tentant whom refuses to tolerate it complains .... he says to them that they are the outcast so they should prob. just move on out since they are the tenant with the problem. This is a outrage & more ppl should seek to do more about it. Where is our christan voters that voted no to liquor? Well this is worse right in town under our nose near our elementry school & our Dekalb Co. Offices!!!
Tina. Since you were kicked out of city walk for not paying rent, how have you been?
Steve from city walk

Smithville, TN

#22 Oct 11, 2016
armpit of dekalb wrote:
Tina

I agree with you 100% not only about City Walk Apartments (whoever named it that must have had high hopes once in a blue moon that families would be strolling down the walk in Smithville, which by the way without Centerhill lake...would be NOTHING.

armpit of the bible belt
Glad you moved out. Place is a real showcase now. Please don't come back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 DeKalb County Elections 10 hr question 74
Election news!! 12 hr Obvious 40
Eric from Short Stop Market Thu InquiringMindsWan... 2
Girl at 3rd shift walmart Thu InquiringMindsWan... 1
Any one know Kris Robinson (Sep '13) Jan 16 rickys lady 4
Michael Morris Jan 16 Pipelayer 2
Smithville Mayor and City Alderman Jan 16 Demon 6

Smithville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smithville Mortgages