When will Smithville Wise Up and kick...

When will Smithville Wise Up and kick Taft out

Posted in the Smithville Forum

Golfer17

Smithville, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2010
I have been watching the way the city I am amazed that Taft is allowed to publicly screw the city. Now I heard he has cut all the city workers pay raises. When will somebody honest be elected to be the mayor of Smithville?
Cereal

Smithville, TN

#2 Aug 26, 2010
All the pay raises are being used to secure a $400,000.00 plus ladder truck for the City's Volunteer Fire Department. In 2008 the fire department recieved a new 2 story fire hall that only cost the tax payers a little over $1,000,000.00(one million)
former city employee

Smithville, TN

#3 Aug 29, 2010
as a former city employee i still hear whats going on in the city hall and as i hear they most likely have to cut out raises to make sure they have enough money because certain one's that shouldn't have gotten as much a raise as they did, did.even though they were already at top pay and should have just got cost of living raises.and along with other things that the aldermen have found out but as of yet nothing has been done. as for taft he knows everything that goes on in the city.what needs to happen is the city council meeting needs to be filled up with everyone asking what is going on instead of everyone setting back wondering when and what is anyone going to do the people have to start the process.or ask any city employee that isnt afraid to talk. also i thought there was suppose to be an audit there has been no word of that as of yet.
older and wiser

Smithville, TN

#4 Sep 12, 2010
Actually Taft and all the Smithville aldermen need to go. As usual it's the "good ole boys" club and it's who you know and who you're related to that reaps the benefits of the city. One example is the new "investigator" is married to old man White's granddaughter and niece of Steve White. What was wrong with the experienced investigator they had, Jerry Hutchins? And Aaron Meeks is an .....! And look how they let the water plant go down hill until they were forced to do something. but they can pay $400,000 for a ladder truck when there is only ONE building in the city that even has 3 floors. And they police department is in pitiful shape. That is so ridiculous. When will the citizens of Smithville wake up and get the losers out of City Hall! It's the same 4 or 5 hundred people who vote in the city election every time. There needs to be some good, decent candidates that run and more registered voters get out and vote or it will never change. The "good old boys" will do exactly what they've been doing. Running the good employees off and running the city into the ground!
just here

Smithville, TN

#5 Jan 18, 2012
I think everyone should get to vote whether you live in the city or county. As long as you live in Smithville. Everyone votes for the county election.
i dont know

Smithville, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2012
One day I was at Exxon in Smithville, and inside stood Taft. He was buying something to drink and a pack of whatever it was that he got. Now most of us know on the outside of Exxon at the entry door there are trash cans. Taft ripped the top off of his food and threw it on the ground instead of throwing it in the trash. What kinda of trash does that?
petition online -

Brentwood, TN

#7 Jan 21, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's about time 7 hr Good grief 7
school lunches going up again!! (Jun '12) Thu Lilum 17
womans body found in centerhill lake? Thu Wow 14
Property Tax Increase Wed Geez 4
zaderikos and odoms Wed tina b 3
Jamboree Tue Older-n-wiser 10
Jeremy Shelton Tue DeKalbCountySinner 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smithville Mortgages