First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tornado

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2011
If anyone has info about tornado damage in smithville please share. I have family nearby and I am unable to contact them.
paige_is_in_va

Lynchburg, VA

#2 Apr 27, 2011
I got a call from my bithfather.. his cell was about dead.. he said smithville was leveled. Damage was extensive. Praying for the all in Ms
paige_is_in_va

Lynchburg, VA

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Grandmother in Amory is ok.. seems most damage is in Smithville Ms
John

Tupelo, MS

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Heard that two churches were damaged heavily, funeral home, Piggly Wiggly, Dollar General, Town Hall......All were heavily damaged. Many injured. I heard several are dead.
RYC

North Garden, VA

#5 Apr 27, 2011
Read online Smithville was leveled,several injured,no number on how many dead.It is very very bad.Praying
David in FL

Orlando, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2011
I have seen pics on facebook of Smithville. It is bad. My family is ok but house is mostly gone. I heard lots of people missing. The pics show most of the town is badly damaged. Most of the houses that should be in the pics are not there anymore.
David in FL

Orlando, FL

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Tornado, where is your family located? I can try to call some of the people I know in the area.
Tornado

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2011
They finally got in touch with us. They live closer to Amory and cell service was down. Glad they are safe but hear that they have smithville friends that have lost everything. How devastating! We will pray for this town and those that are in need.
David in FL

Orlando, FL

#9 Apr 27, 2011
Glad to hear your family is ok.
holly

Arlington, TX

#10 Apr 27, 2011
Tornado wrote:
If anyone has info about tornado damage in smithville please share. I have family nearby and I am unable to contact them.

Smithville is awful, my parents,several others and search rescuers are still out trying to find everybody & anybody to save. this is so tragic. it is so bad :( pray that everything will be okay! my prayers with yalls familys.
April Carroll county ms

Tinsley, MS

#11 Apr 27, 2011
I have family in Nettleton, said Smithville is tragic:( 35 people found dead already and many missing including a 4 year old boy. Praying for all of this small town
Dan from ohio

Akron, OH

#12 Apr 27, 2011
I lived in amory 6 miles south of smithville for 20 years till 2008.I have a lot of family in that area.my son says body count is 70 and lots still missing.he said they were putting bodies in rental 18 wheeler trl.there was daycare that was blowed away.and furniture plant also.a freinds brother works for hwy dept said they were hauling injured and dead away in pick-up beds.it sounds really bad.amory and fulton and wren dont have power.and cell service is not working good.but facebook still works and landline phones work? hope this info helps,sorry for the bad news!
Chairity

United States

#13 Apr 27, 2011
Smithville is completely gone. There's is absolutely nothing left along hwy 25. Our house got the outer part of it and our roof is gone and it put a tree in our living room. There is no power, no water and no gas. We have pictures on Facebook.

Www.Facebook.com/spOOtyR
christi in va

United States

#14 Apr 27, 2011
It is mind boggling! So many dead and everything gone! My fmily and close friends are ok, but many did not survive whom I've known my whole life. I grew up in Amory for 17 yrs til 1997...very sad day
christi in va

United States

#15 Apr 27, 2011
The pics aren't viewable...can u open them to public please? I am from the area and I still can't reach my father and I'm 16 hrs away in VA
E Davis

Plymouth, WI

#16 Apr 27, 2011
I have family that lives right off of 25 almost across from Smithville HS. My Grandma Heidi lives about 2 streets back from the school. She is 80+ Any info would be great.. If anyone knows them or if there house is still standing in the neighborhood. Jack and Heidi Sandals
E Davis

Plymouth, WI

#17 Apr 27, 2011
They are on Nabors Cir
Phyllis

Tinsley, MS

#18 Apr 27, 2011
David in FL wrote:
I have seen pics on facebook of Smithville. It is bad. My family is ok but house is mostly gone. I heard lots of people missing. The pics show most of the town is badly damaged. Most of the houses that should be in the pics are not there anymore.
Where did you see the photos?? I am having trouble seeing any?
Phyllis

Tinsley, MS

#19 Apr 27, 2011
Where did you see the pics from, I am having trouble seeing any?
Michael

United States

#20 Apr 27, 2011
I live in Smithville, but was among the lucky ones.. The funeral home, piggly wiggly, dollar general, 1st baptist church, post office, phil's place, mel's diner are just what I know is gone.. The bank, city hall, the school, are all damaged severely.. Several dead or missing, haven't heard a number yet.. Highway patrol had 25 from Fulton closed at Bull Mountain bridge at 10 tonite sayin that the town was completely shut down.. Heard we will be without power for 3-5 days.. please say a special prayer for everyone involved.. Thx..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who runs fulton (county of Itawamba)??? (Jun '13) 10 hr Sterling Chase 19
Fulton police 10 hr Sinfanetta Brown 2
Jason & Jade Tue I see 2
Iuka Civil War re-enactment to offer variety Sep 15 mdollar 1
Ray Barrett Retires (Nov '10) Sep 5 do tell 6
Amber Wallace Russell Aug 30 Idk 14
Alcohol vote in Amory (Feb '14) Aug 28 Watsa Mattau 14
•••
•••
•••