Amory moves to make police chief an appointed post; Bowen surprised

Dec 6, 2012 Full story: Newms360.com

The board of aldermen voted 4-1 to change the position of chief of police from an elected to an appointed position during an executive session of it's regular-called meeting on Dec.

Full Story
mad mad mad

Duluth, GA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Larry

Iuka, MS

#2 Feb 24, 2013
mad mad mad wrote:
Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Crime and drugs are up where Ronnie ? I know working out on city time in tupelo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County line Dec 17 Frosty mug 1
Beer sales? Dec 15 john 3
Travis Beasley Dec 13 REALITYCHECK 2
Stephen chism?? Nov '14 concerned 1
Our Opinion: What a day for the Tupelo area (May '14) May '14 Ruskin 1
Legislature passes funds to aid Tupelo, others ... (May '14) May '14 Insurance 1
leanna rinehart--THIEF (Jan '14) Feb '14 pbrown 2

Flood Warning for Monroe County was issued at December 27 at 8:57PM CST

Smithville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Smithville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Smithville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Smithville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News