Amory moves to make police chief an appointed post; Bowen surprised

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newms360.com

The board of aldermen voted 4-1 to change the position of chief of police from an elected to an appointed position during an executive session of it's regular-called meeting on Dec.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
mad mad mad

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Larry

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

mad mad mad wrote:
Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Crime and drugs are up where Ronnie ? I know working out on city time in tupelo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Smithville Discussions

Search the Smithville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Shooting Wed Mary 1
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Wed JustUs 1,930
Alcohol vote in Amory Apr 15 Wondering 10
Ladies at Convient Care Apr 14 from the old school 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Amory, MS (Jul '10) Apr 8 jim 10
tina laurenzi Apr 7 tool4daman 1
online classes in canvas at icc Apr 2 Icc student 1
•••

Flood Warning for Monroe County was issued at April 17 at 9:04PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Smithville Jobs