10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust

Nov 21, 2008 Full story: Empire State News 151

SMITHTOWN Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Bull Dog

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2008
Is he the same Anthony Salerno that used to live in Deer Park? I used to play Little League with a Anthony Salerno?
fed up mom

Levittown, NY

#2 Nov 22, 2008
It's about time the police are getting this crap off the streets. That's 10,000 less bags of heroine our children have access to. Now lets bring down the rest of the dealers in our neighborhoods and squash this epidemic that has overtaken Smithtown.
realistic

Trenton, NJ

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Bull Dog wrote:
Is he the same Anthony Salerno that used to live in Deer Park? I used to play Little League with a Anthony Salerno?
I'm one anthonys good friends and no he never lived in deer park.
And to people with ignorant ass comments.. If your "children" weren't big time junkies there would be no drug dealers.
If the government didn't turn a blind eye to the shipments that come in there wouldn't be drug dealers.
Anthonys a good dude and its sad to see him go out like that. I went down the same road a few years back and what i know is...
If the government and the economy wasn't so messed up wed have jobs for everyone.
Don't sit here and judge someone that you know absolutely about. Not everyone
Bull Dog

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 24, 2008
You are right, we don't know him. What we do know is that his drug pushing days are over. He was pushing HEROIN. Selling to anyone that had the money. Sorry kid, no sympathy to Anthony, or you. The only ignorant comment here is yours. The goverment is not to blame. We are all responsible for our own actions. Think of all the lives he would of infected selling Heroin. His family has my sympathy. In time his neighbors will forget that he was a drug pushing junkie. Then his family can resume a normal life. If he looks like a junkie, walks like a junkie, talks and writes like a junkie...he is a junkie.. Once a junkie, always a junkie. Sorry kid, Anthony's up the creek without a paddle.
realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
And to people with ignorant ass comments.. If your "children" weren't big time junkies there would be no drug dealers.
If the government didn't turn a blind eye to the shipments that come in there wouldn't be drug dealers.
Anthonys a good dude and its sad to see him go out like that. I went down the same road a few years back and what i know is...
If the government and the economy wasn't so messed up wed have jobs for everyone.
katy

East Meadow, NY

#5 Nov 24, 2008
realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
what a friend you are trying to defend a killer be cause he is supplying a something will or has already killed someone. how is this for an answer let him shoot up all the heroin found in his house and see if he lives. it would not be a gret loss.
fed up mom

Levittown, NY

#6 Nov 24, 2008
If you are a good friend to Anthony, you should be happy he is off the streets. Obviously he uses heroine, maybe his arrest saved his life. It certainly has saved others. You say you were down this road a few years ago, it couldn't have been an easy road, I wish you well. There are so many young people addicted to heroine, simply because it is so available. If kids had to seek it out, they wouldn't. When its right in your backyard it makes it way to easy to "give it a try". Heroine is becoming a casual drug, acceptable to teenagers. Your friends arrest allows me to sleep a little easier just knowing there are 10,000 packets available in the area!!
John

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Nov 25, 2008
Hope you make some friends real quick in prison... or else your really in trouble
realistic

Trenton, NJ

#8 Nov 29, 2008
Yall obviously have no idea. NO idea.

Anthony doesn't do heroin.

He won't spend the rest of his life in jail.

Your friends will still get heroin.

Two things was said that was right:

Heroin is a bad drug, I've never seen it but i know what it does to people.

And that road is a hard one. The jail time is easy its just the people turnin on you, the way people (like yall) try to act like they know you from reading a newspaper.

I can't wait for some of yall loved ones to get caught up in some shit.

Will you be on this website talklin down on him?

Sayin its good to sacrifice his life?

Would you be mad at the addicts that give them job security?

Would you be mad at the govt that supplied the drugs? Yall do know how that works right? I hope you don't think the drug dealers supply it themselves. They're just the small piece of the puzzle. You gotta be foolish to think everything is what it seems.

Or would you be a dumb ass like me? Explainin myself to a bunch of people that don't know shit about somethin i know everything.

You tell me. Put yourself in the other shoes. I bet you can't.
fed up mom

Levittown, NY

#9 Nov 30, 2008
How ignorant you are to think people can't put themselves in the others shoes. If Anthony was selling heroine he broke the law. Its that simple. Obviously our county is allowing heroine to enter our borders and that is a problem in itself. Fortunately for us, our police are able to stop some of the local dealers and try to keep it from our children. Unfortunately I have seen the effects of this drug ruin may young lives in my town. I know way to many kids that got caught up with this drug and are now struggling to keep clean, rehab and treatment centers are full of these same kids. The fact that your friend was a local dealer does give me some hope that there is less of it around here. I' m not ignorant enough to believe that one arrest will stop this epidemic, but with each and every article that hits the newspapers, more and more people become aware of the problem. I don't wish for anyone to get caught up, as you put it, in some shit. Again, I hope Anthony can get his life together and be able to move on from this in a positive way. You need to focus your anger in a more positive direction also, going after people expressing their opinions is hardly the way. You need to put yourself in others shoes, and think about the mothers and fathers that are losing there children every day. Put some energy into that ! I don't think Anthony is the topic here, the topic is heroine, how can you defend that???
realistic

Trenton, NJ

#10 Dec 1, 2008
See, you got me all wrong. I never defended heroin, i was simply defendin my friend.

Like i said, I've known anthony since childhood and i know he's better than what he's being portrayed as.

A drug dealer, yes.

A polluter, killer and all those tags people use is incorrect.

He couldn't possibly force anyone to use drugs.

Of course its a bad decision to enter the drug game, but for some people that's all they have.

Were simply products of our envirnments.

Since my release I've been clean of the drug game (beside personal use of marijuana) and its been hard. Real hard.

I simply value my freedom and my life than any dollar bill. But for some people its different.

What people need to do is start standin up to the real criminals which is the government and the police.

They're safe to do whatever they want simply cause they have badges and the support of uninformed communites.

For one, what was found in anthonys apt wasn't in full. Drugs and money are missin. Will probably turn up in the next arrest of course.
Louisville

Toronto, Canada

#11 Dec 1, 2008
Hey Realistic,

You should be hit in the head with the same baseball bat that I would hit your punk friend in the head with just for defending him and your lowlife thought on this. You better hope I never find out who you are.
realistic

Trenton, NJ

#12 Dec 1, 2008
Louisville wrote:
Hey Realistic,
You should be hit in the head with the same baseball bat that I would hit your punk friend in the head with just for defending him and your lowlife thought on this. You better hope I never find out who you are.
Rofl, oh yeah? Online threats now?
What man needs a bat?
Someone sounds mad, tell em why you mad bruh. And make sure that bats big.:)
I'm not defendin him, that's what his lawyers are for. Simply defendin his name.
Who honestly looks like the buttcheek here?
Bull Dog

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Dec 1, 2008
realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl, oh yeah? Online threats now?
What man needs a bat?
Someone sounds mad, tell em why you mad bruh. And make sure that bats big.:)
I'm not defendin him, that's what his lawyers are for. Simply defendin his name.
Who honestly looks like the buttcheek here?
Defend his name? Are you also using illegal drugs or just stupid?
Louisville

Toronto, Canada

#14 Dec 2, 2008
Hey Realistic,

What is a bruh ? Also, it is spelled defending not defendin. You sound like an uneducated moron.

I don't get mad I just get things taken care of.

I like buttcheeks, especially on a woman.
ANON

Wantagh, NY

#15 Dec 3, 2008
me and salerno used to work together, i don't think he's a bad dude. people not involved in a drug culture don't seem to understand that as long as its out there, there will be a number of people who do it. now put yourself in someone elses shoes, you can have a new acura, new mercedes, buy your girl a car, and have 100k cash just sitting there in your house. if convicted he's doing football numbers, he's young for that. heroin is a drug that sells itself, because no body who hasn't done it ever calls up a dope dealer and says give me a bundle. users/junkies buy, and if they don't buy from you, they buy from someone else. unfortunately heroin is making a come back on LI, with increasing unemployment and hard economic times. alcoholism and drug addiction increase, and therefore so does the quantities of drugs on the island. my guess: anthony will make sort of big press, but will be the first of many.
fed up mom

Howard Beach, NY

#16 Dec 3, 2008
It amazes me, but you sound almost sympathetic. Selling heroine is a crime! This should not be looked upon as an upstanding profession. If you want hot cars and lots of money, go to school, get an education and build a life like the rest of the law abiding citizens. As far as being a product of your environment, unless I am missing something, we are talking Kings Park, Smithtown, Stony Brook, I would say you had some choices as to which direction you wanted to take. Goog schools, lots of resources, sure there are drugs, but these are certainly not high crime and poverty areas. Unfortunately, alot of young people that have been raised by white color ethics are growing up to rebel the very same. You are fighting society at every turn. Anthony sold drugs because at first it fed his own habit and then he got greedy. He made a choice and according to the laws our socitety abides by, he is a criminal and will go to jail. And as far as drug dealers simply meeting a need, that's bull. Stop making excuses and grow up. Start looking at this with a mature mind. Heroine needs to go away, or people will die, lives will be ruined. Its that simple. There are no excuses. Grow up, get jobs and try to fit into society instead of fighting every rule and law to suit your own laziness.
fed up mom

Levittown, NY

#17 Dec 3, 2008
fed up mom wrote:
It amazes me, but you sound almost sympathetic. Selling heroine is a crime! This should not be looked upon as an upstanding profession. If you want hot cars and lots of money, go to school, get an education and build a life like the rest of the law abiding citizens. As far as being a product of your environment, unless I am missing something, we are talking Kings Park, Smithtown, Stony Brook, I would say you had some choices as to which direction you wanted to take. Goog schools, lots of resources, sure there are drugs, but these are certainly not high crime and poverty areas. Unfortunately, alot of young people that have been raised by white color ethics are growing up to rebel the very same. You are fighting society at every turn. Anthony sold drugs because at first it fed his own habit and then he got greedy. He made a choice and according to the laws our socitety abides by, he is a criminal and will go to jail. And as far as drug dealers simply meeting a need, that's bull. Stop making excuses and grow up. Start looking at this with a mature mind. Heroine needs to go away, or people will die, lives will be ruined. Its that simple. There are no excuses. Grow up, get jobs and try to fit into society instead of fighting every rule and law to suit your own laziness.
Please forgive typo's - s/be "good schools", "white collar" I got caught up in the heat of the moment!!
John

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Dec 18, 2008
Def doing atleast a 25 year big... look at the new york drug laws... goodluck
John

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Dec 18, 2008
*bid
Excuses excuses

Hawthorne, NJ

#22 Dec 21, 2008
To all of you that keep defending this perp scum Salerno, pull your head out of your azzes. Anthon y is not a product of the downturn in the economy and he is no recent addition to the drug game. The kid had big time numbers on him, which speakes for itself to how long he has been polluting the streets. Pot, heroin, coke its all the same, if you play you pay. I can only hope this p.o.s get his real high and hard while in the can. Its a shame an animal like this lived in smithtown and was able to peddal his crap for as long as he did. Thank you SCPD for the job well done. Stay safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Osama Bin Laden 118,225
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 13 hr Bruser 2,288
Review: Bella Fence Company (Sep '13) 14 hr Me not 11
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 16 hr henu 6,429
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) Mon rob 210
Lingering scars of a fateful night (Mar '07) Sep 12 You Lied 46
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
•••

Smithtown News Video

•••
Smithtown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Smithtown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••