Smithton lawsuit may be settled

Smithton lawsuit may be settled

There are 4 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Smithton lawsuit may be settled. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

A sexual harassment lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court by a female police officer against the village of Smithton soon may end with a financial settlement.

Carol Ann Davis, a Smithton patrol officer since 2004, had accused Mayor Lloyd Bush of sexual harassment, according to court records.

Bush was initially named in the federal lawsuit but the village attorney, Charles Pierce, said all claims against Bush have been dismissed.

Bush referred all questions about the suit and possible settlement to Pierce. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

Deano

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 22, 2008
You people of Smithton, in your own small ways with a Mayor who before Bush ran your small town in the ground and literally ran Bush out of town as well. This suit brought against Bush is so predictable. If it were not for this suit, it would have been something else just as damming. Gosh, could the old guard have had something to do with any of this? Hmmm, makes you wonder?

Shames on all of us for letting it go this far. Let Bush do his job and get on with it.
Smithon Resident

Belleville, IL

#2 Feb 22, 2008
OH YEAH, YOU PEOPLE IN ST. LOUIS HAVE SO MUCH TO BE PROUD OF ... ESPECIALLY YOUR CRIME RATE. AT LEAST I CAN GO IN MY COMMUNITY AT NIGHT AND NOT WORRY ABOUT BEING SHOT.
I GO TO RAMS FOOTBALL GAMES AND ON MONDAY NIGHT GAMES I DON'T FEEL SAFE AT ALL IN THOSE NEIGHBORHOODS. YOU CAN STAY THERE AND I WILL STAY HERE THANK YOU.
Maggie

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 22, 2008
Hey Smithton Resident, Rams...MNF?? Your comments are so off the wall. What really do St. Louis crime rates have to do with anything Deano said in his comments? Wow, you must have seen the news to get that crime stat about St. Louis. Now there's a shocker.

Everything Deano said in his comments sound right on target.
Johnny B

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Feb 22, 2008
Deano, you got a lot of guts to say what you said. Kinda makes me wanna know if your right.
At least you said it. Way to go.
Smithton Res...What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problem at the Sealy Goodwill 20 hr Terry 4
New UPS Store 21 hr Rollo 2
Millstadt Sun Sorrynotsorry 10
Quit the stalking (Feb '17) Sun Snowblower 5
Alissa Frazier-Valdejo Sun Johnny 11
Trump to zero in on welfare bums Sat Sho nuff 2
Applebee's "Carside To Go"/Tipping (Jan '10) Dec 9 Rollo 341

Smithton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance