Noise ordinances - gunshots - hunting

Noise ordinances - gunshots - hunting

Posted in the Smithfield Forum

GeekLady

Raleigh, NC

#1 Jan 31, 2009
I am sure that I am not the only one bothered by the moron who shoots a gun on the county side of Lake Benson? Are there no noise ordinances? I have contacted the Garner Police several times but the most recent call left me extremely frustrated. I was told that it was "mullet season" whatever that is?(Season of the bad haircut?) and that there was nothing I could do about it. Well, are there not nuisance laws? And BANG! BANG! all afternoon and into the dark hours on the only day that most people have off, is nuisance in my opinion. Elmer Fudd needs to learn to respect other people's rights. I'd like to show him where to put that gun. Furthermore, there are families with children at Lake Benson Park. Does someone have to get shot before anything can be done about this?!
LivesinLakemoor

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Obviously nothing has been done to stop the gunshots! I have been living here since 2010 and am so frustrated with this problem! It's almost 7PM and the gunshots are still going off! What kind of town is this?!!! What hunting season allows hunting after dark? Is someone just out shootig for the heck of it?!!!
Chris

Apex, NC

#3 Mar 4, 2016
Nobody is hunting. A man and his family/friends are shooting on his own private land. No laws are being broken and from talking to some locals that know him, it's not going to quit anytime soon. I live on Lake Benson and here it all the time. They even shoot a .50 cal from time to time and it will rattle the glass. But guess what? Completely legal and it will continue to be completely legal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smithfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Evans??? Aug 18 Jeremy 1
News Silver Alert Issued For Missing Clayton Man (Aug '09) Aug 17 Conway125 3
desperados gang is pathetic (Mar '11) Jul '16 Lil jeff 29
Clayton Music Thread (Apr '14) May '16 Musikologist 5
News Doctors prescribed man 145 opioid pills. Nine d... May '16 Hostis Publicus 1
Misplaced Souls Mc Goldsboro Chapter (Dec '09) Apr '16 Joker 102
trump says that the us should not buy oil from ... Mar '16 ANONYMOUS 1

Smithfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smithfield Mortgages