if it happens

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

This would be a MAJOR blow to the already fragile City of Henderson.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/feb/01/...
No Joking

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I hope they don't allow this to happen. This would really hurt the employment rates in Henderson and the economy here that is already suffering.
Ashcorp

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

There went Henderson
Ghost Town

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

If this happens Henderson is screwed. There aren't enough industry jobs available here to sustain a viable economy. Henderson is just not a place where businesses are looking to relocate to. I see that there is alot of "talk" about attracting new business but we better be focusing on keeping the existing ones we have. If Alcan shuts down the trickle down would be disastrous.
Winners and Losers

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

The bottom line in all this legal corporate muscle flexing and PR campaigns meant to influence public opinion in their favor by all the involved entities, is that regardless how it turns out in the end, when the dust finally settles, all the other electric customers should probably be expecting to pay substantially higher rates for service.
Stacy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Winners and Losers wrote:
The bottom line in all this legal corporate muscle flexing and PR campaigns meant to influence public opinion in their favor by all the involved entities, is that regardless how it turns out in the end, when the dust finally settles, all the other electric customers should probably be expecting to pay substantially higher rates for service.
The residential customers will definitely be paying higher rates. If Alcan closes and kenergy loses its largest customer and utility consumer who else do you think is gonna have to make the difference up. This is a no win situation that the city, the utility companies, and the residents of Henderson need to be concerned about.
sob

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

agree
semper fi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I know the public has no clue how much tax revenue comes from alcan.
yea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

They ain't closing down century bought them and they are getting power from we're century is gettin it.
alcant

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

yea wrote:
They ain't closing down century bought them and they are getting power from we're century is gettin it.
which is big rivers buddy
Mr Mike

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

yea wrote:
Maybe you should read the article? The paper they allegedly filed is for discontinued service at the end of the 12 month period with no intentions to resume operations.
ok

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

That's what they want y'all 2 believe I bet u didn't knw that century bought them it wnt b rio tinto nomore
Lisa

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Yea it will kill Henderson! Most of the workers in the pot lines make around 70000 or more! Where are they going to find jobs around here making that kind of scratch?
Tommy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Lisa wrote:
Yea it will kill Henderson! Most of the workers in the pot lines make around 70000 or more! Where are they going to find jobs around here making that kind of scratch?
Not around here that's for sure. After reading the article it is disheartening but I hope they get something worked out. It is bad enough that i69 will bypass Henderson now we have to worry about the good paying jobs we have leaving our area.
Job

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Maybe if the residents of Henderson weren't mostly dope heads business could find quality workers.
true story

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

yea wrote:
Century HASN'T bought Alcan.
true story

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Job wrote:
Maybe if the residents of Henderson weren't mostly dope heads business could find quality workers.
It's got nothing to do with quality workers. This threat of closure has to do with the cost of electricity and not job quality of workers.
Job

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

true story wrote:
<quoted text>It's got nothing to do with quality workers. This threat of closure has to do with the cost of electricity and not job quality of workers.
Quality of workers and drugs effect everything.
Job

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Affect*
true story

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Job wrote:
<quoted text>Quality of workers and drugs effect everything.
Well thank God Big Rivers sees it your way and hiked the rates up. They must be some heavy drugs themselves, since they are the reason for the possible shut down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Smith Mills Discussions

Search the Smith Mills Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawna Duckworth 11 min Ashley 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min DITCH MITCH 147,075
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 23 min yxv 1,020
Kristy Stewart 29 min miss know it all 19
Larry Rose in Newburgh 30 min James Davis 17
chris skaggs 31 min huh 16
Jason & Josh Teague thiefs 32 min Slade Hanwy 4
•••
•••
•••
Smith Mills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••