Henderson student jailed for bringing loaded gun to school

Jan 11, 2013 Full story: Evansville Courier & Press 70

The 17-year-old, who attends Central Academy, was lodged in the Warren Regional Juvenile Detention Center at Bowling Green, Ky., on a felony charge of unlawful possession of a weapon on school property.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BS

Evansville, IN

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I NEVER got a "one call"from Central! And yes my number is on the list. Ironic, considering I have a child that goes there. Hmmm wonder if they really sent out a "one call"?
oh my

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Is central academy a school for at risk kiddos? You'd think they would have more security measures in place there.
Parent

Princeton, IN

#4 Jan 11, 2013
BS wrote:
I NEVER got a "one call"from Central! And yes my number is on the list. Ironic, considering I have a child that goes there. Hmmm wonder if they really sent out a "one call"?
I did not get one either!!!
parent

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 11, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is and yes you would think so.
No not the entire school is for troubled children! There are children there that have emotional delays and so on that need extra attention or help in a classroom!
Parent

Princeton, IN

#6 Jan 11, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
No not the entire school is for troubled children! There are children there that have emotional delays and so on that need extra attention or help in a classroom!
Thank you!!! Some people just don't know what their talking about!!
oh my

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2013
I didn't say troubled I said at risk, which also includes troubled kiddos. Not meant to offend at all I promise. Glad the kids r safe :-)
parent

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jan 11, 2013
I am glad they are safe as well!! But I do believe there needs to be some changes made at CLC... Half the staff is more concerned with what's going on in their own lives or more worried about disciplining the special needs kids than teaching!!
Shut the front door

United States

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone know who this boy was or if it was the same boy on topix that ppl said he had a gun at the movie theater last weekend?
hannah

Greenville, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2013
my child attends because of anxiety and the high school was too much for her nerves to handle, she told me the child arrested but its not my place to say, she was actually in the room when they patted him down and found the gun...real scary situation!!
John

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Shut the front door wrote:
Does anyone know who this boy was or if it was the same boy on topix that ppl said he had a gun at the movie theater last weekend?
thats whats being said...I believe my son when he says it was the same boy, shame on his parents!!!
so sad

Akron, OH

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Yes it was the same kid at the movies!!
Parent

Princeton, IN

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Yes it was the same boy... Last name Tapp
Shut the front door

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2013
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was the same kid at the movies!!
Did the cops not even investigate when the movie thing happen?? Was it the cage kid or the david? This was way to close very scary:(
Parent

Princeton, IN

#18 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Did the cops not even investigate when the movie thing happen?? Was it the cage kid or the david? This was way to close very scary:(
It was neither... The K. Tapp boy is the one who did it.
parent

Mesa, AZ

#20 Jan 11, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that about the teachers? Does your child go to Central?
Yes! And I have dealt with this school for too dang long and have seen way to much b/s and I'm sick of it but my hands are tied about him going back to regular school.
parent

Mesa, AZ

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Yes same kid and his name is Keyova Tapp
Shut the front door

United States

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone know if the cops ever looked into the movie report?? I mean he should have been picked up last weekend then he wouldnt have made it into the school... Thank god no one was hurt !!! i do pray his parents have to answer to someone for not taking the time to know what there kids are out doing!
obvious

Calhoun, KY

#23 Jan 12, 2013
I'm actually surprised he made it in the school with it. I use to go there and I had a pack of cigarettes in my pocket, teacher saw a rectangle box sticking out of my pocket and I was searched. But this isn't surprising to me due to this new principal, he has ruined central. Mr. Rush (the old principle) worked very hard to make central the way it was and would have never let something like this happen. Then this new principal comes in and tramples all of his hard work in 1 year.
obvious

Calhoun, KY

#24 Jan 12, 2013
Does anyone know if the cops ever looked into the movie report?? I mean he should have been picked up last weekend then he wouldnt have made it into the school... Thank god no one was hurt !!! i do pray his parents have to answer to someone for not taking the time to know what there kids are out doing!
It's the way police work in Henderson. I'm sure he was picked up at school over this incident. It's much easier to pick someone up from school than to obtain a warrant to get them from home.
duh

Evansville, IN

#25 Jan 12, 2013
5 bucks says he was black :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smith Mills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla stone 16 min why 40
i cheated 27 min Laquisha 42
District tourny 57 min lol 2
Things just got real in Union County 1 hr listen 253
jobs that dont drug test pre employment (Jun '12) 1 hr ignorance 178
Henderson Police Department's Citizen's Academy... 1 hr yes 4
Drug Arrest after Traffic Stop in Henderson County 1 hr truth 3
Smith Mills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web