Fired Sleepy Eye police chief loses a...

Fired Sleepy Eye police chief loses appeal to get job back

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Fired Sleepy Eye police chief loses appeal to get job back. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A former Sleepy Eye police chief, who was fired after four of his officers told the City Council they didn't feel safe working with him, has lost an appeal to get his job back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bootsontheroad

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 5, 2009
Sounds like Ssleepy Eye made the right decision with this guy.
drew15

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 5, 2009
"often failing to report for work on Mondays, sniffing paint fumes at a local auto-body shop while on duty and in uniform, and shaking during work after drinking too many energy drinks." (Sounds Like Delerium Tremens to me, not energy drinks)

"Seivert also attended the meeting. When he was given an opportunity to respond, he admitted to having an alcohol problem, the ruling said."

More than that, it sounds as if he has a multiple substance abuse problem. Not good to let someone have a gun when still active abuse. Sounds like a credible decision to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Heritagefest 2005 help needed! (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThatguyfromStPaul 1
News River's Edge Boarding and Grooming offers safe,... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Know Your Enemy: Minnesota (Sep '13) Jul '14 Sneaky Pete 3
News St. Paul archbishop, accused of touching boy, w... (Mar '14) Mar '14 tom 1
ILPEA Industries??? (Feb '14) Feb '14 someone 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages