Nationwide search continues for cancer-stricken teen, mother

Full story: TwinCities.com

Authorities nationwide were on the lookout this morning for a Sleepy Eye mother and her cancer-stricken teenage son who fled after refusing the chemotherapy that doctors say could save the boy's life.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Vern

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Is it me or does it seem like the only sane and rational person in all of this is the father? I feel bad for the father. I am cetain the authorities are harrassing him to no end over this.
Lousy Pelousy

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

I thought the American health care system was the bane of our existence and was rotten to the core?

why not send him to wonderful Cuba?
madmom

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Does this qualify for the Darwin Awards? These parents have educationally neglected their child for 13 years and are now guilty of medical neglect. Perhaps their misguided beliefs are in his best interest. What kind of life can he expect to lead if he is so underprepared for life on his own? Children are taught to read in school at 5 years of age, he is 13 and cannot read. A learning disability is not untreatable, there are alternative therapies and educational assistance that do not involve drugs and are completely natural that could have helped him and probably would fall in line with their beliefs. Likewise they have been told by several doctors that their child's cancer is treatable and yet they refuse to get him the medical help he needs.
I find it incredulous that any parent would allow another person to leave with their child without saying where they are going or how to keep in touch with them. But then again...it does fit with the Hauser's pattern of neglect thus far.
SunShine

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

madmom wrote:
Does this qualify for the Darwin Awards? These parents have educationally neglected their child for 13 years and are now guilty of medical neglect. Perhaps their misguided beliefs are in his best interest. What kind of life can he expect to lead if he is so underprepared for life on his own? Children are taught to read in school at 5 years of age, he is 13 and cannot read. A learning disability is not untreatable, there are alternative therapies and educational assistance that do not involve drugs and are completely natural that could have helped him and probably would fall in line with their beliefs. Likewise they have been told by several doctors that their child's cancer is treatable and yet they refuse to get him the medical help he needs.
I find it incredulous that any parent would allow another person to leave with their child without saying where they are going or how to keep in touch with them. But then again...it does fit with the Hauser's pattern of neglect thus far.
No, I think what will qualify, is when they HUNT THEM DOWN LIKE DOGS, and the chemo kills him.
left wing conspirator

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

SunShine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think what will qualify, is when they HUNT THEM DOWN LIKE DOGS, and the chemo kills him.
Post under the same name. It's obvious who you are.
SunShine

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

left wing conspirator wrote:
<quoted text>
Post under the same name. It's obvious who you are.
You truly are clueless.
Joy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

I wish Norm Coleman or Tim Pawlenty would speak out on this. I trust only the GOP.
TaxTaxTax

Anoka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

The decision to abort further treatment or go on is an intensely personal position best left between the mother and her doctor.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Two items:

If they are heading for Tijuana, good luck. First of all, probably the best border patrol along the Mex/Cal border. Plus that town has become one of the most dangerous towns on the border. Drug wars, murders almost everyday. Last week 4 young adult Americans were found shot to death.

Now, I read on the KARE11 report today that this Indian medicine man who supposedly formed this quasi-religion was actually jailed in Idaho for selling phoney natural type drugs.

What a sad, sad story about misguided people.

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Lousy Pelousy wrote:
I thought the American health care system was the bane of our existence and was rotten to the core?
why not send him to wonderful Cuba?
Isn't it ironic that this boy can get treated right here in Minnesota (probably not Nebraska) and is fleeing to Mexico? How much sense does that make?

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Fascinating. What is this, a slow news day? I hear Obama is on the ropes regarding his Gitmo policies. But I notice the Cowpie has no "analysis" to offer on that. So you want us to focus on this tragic side story. Okay. So. Can you at least find a swine flu angle to go with this?

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Hey, PP, why can't we comment on the Kofi Annan filler story you put up.

I have a point or two that I'd like to posit on that.

For instance, that woman standing next to him in the photo: isn't she the founder of Code Pink. She looks familiar. Maybe it's that steel helmet she's wearing.
Dam Demthuglicrat

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Joy wrote:
I wish Norm Coleman or Tim Pawlenty would speak out on this. I trust only the GOP.
As you should.
Mr Inside

Belle Plaine, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Lets see, failing to meet a court date. On the run, a chance someone dies from your actions. You are member of a fringe group. You are on a national watch list, running from the law.
Where have we heard this before? Have we heard this before? I think so.
Want to know first hand what Collen Hauser is thinking feeling right now, make a call to Sarah Jane Olson,
Discusted in NH

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

TaxTaxTax wrote:
The decision to abort further treatment or go on is an intensely personal position best left between the mother and her doctor.
Absolutely. Parents should be given a total pass for any degree of neglect, incompetence, stupidity,
etc. Let's just let natural selection do its thing.

BTW, is it too late to DE-select the manipulative
grandstanding Mother in this situation?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sleepy Eye Discussions

Search the Sleepy Eye Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun 12 doomsayer2014 847
St. Paul archbishop, accused of touching boy, w... Mar '14 tom 1
ILPEA Industries??? Feb '14 someone 1
Gary Anderson (Jan '13) Feb '14 Nancy 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
How do you know when your child is ready to sta... (May '09) Sep '13 Leonardo 42
Sleepy Eye Family in Chemo Controversy Awaits Word (May '09) Sep '13 Brent 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sleepy Eye Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sleepy Eye People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE