Plea by missing cancer patient's fath...

Plea by missing cancer patient's father goes unanswered so far

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 22, 2009, titled Plea by missing cancer patient's father goes unanswered so far. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Anthony Hauser, right, reads a statement Thursday directed to his wife, Colleen, who is missing along with their cancer-stricken son, Daniel, 13.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mom

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 22, 2009
Just my humble opinion, but I think the father is lying. I think he knows generally where they are and could help police if he wanted to. I was pretty much siding with the family until the mom decided to run. Dumb, dumb move.
Sharon4Anderson

AOL

#2 May 22, 2009
This State of MN cannot even grant Marijuana for Nausua caused by Chemo and or Glaucomo Patients

Sheriff Richard Hanson is the charging Party, with probable cause, then the arresting officer Please read the Warrants either at www.mncourts.gov
or http://crimes-against-humanity.blogspot.com

Colleens Cancer Case must trigger State and Federal Compliance with
our Constitutional Guarantees SEparation of Church and State
and Government overreaching on Parental Rights

How many other Cancer Victims in www.co.brown.mn.us the Disparate Treatment against the Hauser Family must trigger State Audits of all 87 Countys with 87 County Atorneys, Duplication in the Health Care Costs,

Balance the Budget on the Victims of Health Care re: http://www.bull.us/references/minnesotacasest...

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS JUDGE jOHN R. RODENBERG APPARANTLY HAS WILFULLY FAILED TO NOTIFY THE STATE AG LORISWANSON www.ag.state.mn.us in her official capacity as ParensParteri (sp) and State Commissioner Cal Ludeman
for their immediate intervention
Bogart

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 22, 2009
Why did the simpleton let her take the kid in the first place? What a wimp.
Native American

AOL

#4 May 22, 2009
http://www.mncourts.gov/Documents/0/Public/Ot...

http://www.google.com/search...

Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 Definition - Adoption Glossary ...Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 (ICWA): ICWA is a Federal law that takes precedence over the local adoption laws of every state and gives Native American ...
glossary.adoption.com/indian-child-welfare-ac... - 67k - Cached - Similar pages
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 22, 2009
Bogart wrote:
Why did the simpleton let her take the kid in the first place? What a wimp.
I think the mother is the "brains" of the operation, which isn't really saying much.
pffft

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 22, 2009
Sharon you nut - we know this you. The kid isn't a Native American. His family belongs to some made up Native American spirituality religion. ICWA doesn't apply in this case. ICWA only applies to registered members of recognized tribes.
Native American wrote:
http://www.mncourts.gov/Docume nts/0/Public/Other/Hauser/Cont empt.pdf
http://www.google.com/search...
Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 Definition - Adoption Glossary ...Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 (ICWA): ICWA is a Federal law that takes precedence over the local adoption laws of every state and gives Native American ...
glossary.adoption.com/indian-child-welfare-ac... - 67k - Cached - Similar pages
Sharon4Anderson

AOL

#7 May 22, 2009
WOW The Disparate Actions of looking for the Hauser Family, must shame the Courts to getting all the Drug,Sex Offenders,Murders, Welfare Ripoffs from Chicago.

The National Attention now must concentrate on our 87 County Attorneys bumping into 87 County Sheriffs, 100's of Lawyers,Social Workers
Health Care Costs and Reform http://crimes-against-humanity.blogspot.com

We ask you are the WARRANTS VALID OR A SMOKE SCREEN INTO MINNESOTA JUSTICE

Since: Jun 08

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 23, 2009
Let me start by saying that I believe that the parents of Daniel Hauser should have allowed the chemo treatments. I am a survivor of non-Hodgins lymphoma and of the chemo (8) treatments so I am well aware of the sickness but also thankful for results ( 4 year survivor).

Saying this,

I believe the government has no business deciding on the treatment of children when the parents and child are able to make a decision on which treatment to proceed with.

The government has allowed minor daughters as young to have abortion without parents consent. Parents do not have a voice in saving their child from a terrible mistake. Daughters being abused by older men now the men just go into the drug store and buy an abortifacient pill and give it to the minor. This is a crime but allowed just as planned parenthood sometimes doesn't report the abortions of minors that resulted from rape. If the parents are competent, the government should not get involved on the medical treatments.

Is the next step by the government, you are to old and we need to lower costs, so no treatment? Knee, hip replacement, no just suck it up. Handicap, you are not worth the cost to keep alive, euthanasia is the best for society.

So here we have parents trying to do the best for their child and we have the local, national and international police looking for the mother and son. What a waste of manpower to put into prison the mother who loves her son while we have other mothers who are killing their children and society thinks that less people on this planet would make this a better place to live. What a double standard.

In my opinion, our moral values are all scr*wed up

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#9 May 23, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
Let me start by saying that I believe that the parents of Daniel Hauser should have allowed the chemo treatments. I am a survivor of non-Hodgins lymphoma and of the chemo (8) treatments so I am well aware of the sickness but also thankful for results ( 4 year survivor).
Saying this,
I believe the government has no business deciding on the treatment of children when the parents and child are able to make a decision on which treatment to proceed with.
The government has allowed minor daughters as young to have abortion without parents consent. Parents do not have a voice in saving their child from a terrible mistake. Daughters being abused by older men now the men just go into the drug store and buy an abortifacient pill and give it to the minor. This is a crime but allowed just as planned parenthood sometimes doesn't report the abortions of minors that resulted from rape. If the parents are competent, the government should not get involved on the medical treatments.
Is the next step by the government, you are to old and we need to lower costs, so no treatment? Knee, hip replacement, no just **** it up. Handicap, you are not worth the cost to keep alive, euthanasia is the best for society.
So here we have parents trying to do the best for their child and we have the local, national and international police looking for the mother and son. What a waste of manpower to put into prison the mother who loves her son while we have other mothers who are killing their children and society thinks that less people on this planet would make this a better place to live. What a double standard.
Your comparison or analogy does not fly in this situation. Minnesota, as well as almost if not all other states has very strict laws regarding Minors.
The Minnesota statute is actually very liberal in this regard except where it involves a serious medical condition. This Judge is very well versed in child protection laws and after the reviewing the 5 doctors who examined the boy issued a court order for the family to appear on Tuesday. When she failed to appear is when he issued the bench warrant. Even this medicine man who formed this quasi-religion expressed concern that she did not appear in court. This 13 year old minor was tested and found to be functionally illiterate.
Comparing this particular situation with any abortion matter is totally not valid.
By the way, according to news reports the family are practicing Catholics.
Neglect of a child is a very serious matter and the judge ruled in this case exactly as the statute reads.
Having freedom of choice is one thing, but freedom also entails responsibility and this mother has acted in an irresponsible manner regarding her son and the rest of her family.
Your moral values does not enter in this legal matter. Moral values by those closest to this case says the mother made an immoral judgment.
blah blah

Hagerstown, MD

#10 May 23, 2009
she should bring the boy back pronto!

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

#11 May 23, 2009
Mom wrote:
Just my humble opinion, but I think the father is lying. I think he knows generally where they are and could help police if he wanted to. I was pretty much siding with the family until the mom decided to run. Dumb, dumb move.
I talked to my mom last night and she agreed fully with you. I was trying to defend the father, saying that he's tried to cooperate, and has personally hasn't ruled out chemo for the boy, but my mom felt less naive than I feel about the situation.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#12 May 23, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
Saying this,
Is the next step by the government, you are to old and we need to lower costs, so no treatment? Knee, hip replacement, no just **** it up. Handicap, you are not worth the cost to keep alive, euthanasia is the best for society.
First off, congrats on 4 years. I haven't quite hit that milestone, but thought about that I'm nearly 2.5 years remission and that's good enough for now.

Secondly, I looked up the requirements of abortion; no minor is allowed to have an abortion without parent consent except for limited situations. So we're not talking the same thing.

Besides, how many 13 year old girls have abortions in MN? I'm curious, now that so many pro-life people keep bringing it up.

Lastly, this boy cannot read, and cannot explain what "church elder" means, even if he is one. His parents are little better; they still think they can "cure" him with ionized water or by smuggling him to Mexico for alternative treatment. As I've stated before, most people who seek alternative treatment (if it's not in conjunction with traditional treatment, like I did), are in one of these scenarios:

1. They have a tough cancer to beat in the first place, like lung cancer, or pancreatic cancer
2. Their cancer is at a late stage
3. They're very young or old
4. They have other illnesses that impede their treatment.

Daniel had none of these going on, to my knowledge. Rarely does a patient turn to alternative-only treatments unles they fall in one or more of the above scenarios.

Again, congrats on 4 years. I'll celebrate that milestone, but then again, I celebrate everything. You never know.

(P.S. It's not a crime if it's allowed under the law. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't, legally speaking, make something a crime).

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#13 May 23, 2009
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comparison or analogy does not fly in this situation. Minnesota, as well as almost if not all other states has very strict laws regarding Minors.
The Minnesota statute is actually very liberal in this regard except where it involves a serious medical condition. This Judge is very well versed in child protection laws and after the reviewing the 5 doctors who examined the boy issued a court order for the family to appear on Tuesday. When she failed to appear is when he issued the bench warrant. Even this medicine man who formed this quasi-religion expressed concern that she did not appear in court. This 13 year old minor was tested and found to be functionally illiterate.
Comparing this particular situation with any abortion matter is totally not valid.
Neglect of a child is a very serious matter and the judge ruled in this case exactly as the statute reads.
Having freedom of choice is one thing, but freedom also entails responsibility and this mother has acted in an irresponsible manner regarding her son and the rest of her family.
Your moral values does not enter in this legal matter. Moral values by those closest to this case says the mother made an immoral judgment.
I've greatly appreciated your "freedom is connected to responsibility" posts on this topic on a variety of threads. Thank you for that.

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 24, 2009
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
<quoted text>

They may call themselves Catholics, but it they are "practicing" Catholics they must, I repeat, must do all they can that is not extraordinary to maintain their child's health. It would be a serious sin if they did not.

I also believe all parents should be involved when their 13 year old daughter has an abortion or when she is fed an abortifacient pill by a "older" teenager or man. High school kids having readily available abortifacients is wrong.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#15 May 24, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
They may call themselves Catholics, but it they are "practicing" Catholics they must, I repeat, must do all they can that is not extraordinary to maintain their child's health. It would be a serious sin if they did not.
I also believe all parents should be involved when their 13 year old daughter has an abortion or when she is fed an abortifacient pill by a "older" teenager or man. High school kids having readily available abortifacients is wrong.
In Minnesota, as far as I can tell from my research on the topic, it is required except in fairly extreme cases that a girl get parental consent to have an abortion.

I haven't researched birth control pills by minors; what does the law say on that one?

Here's one link (not the original one I initially found, but having the same info) that states a girl cannot have an abortion without their parents' permission, except in extreme cases.

http://www.sexetc.org/state/MN/#abort

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 24, 2009
Mellers wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, congrats on 4 years. I haven't quite hit that milestone, but thought about that I'm nearly 2.5 years remission and that's good enough for now.
Thanks, and the same congrats to you. Each year our odds get better and better.
Mellers wrote:
Secondly, I looked up the requirements of abortion; no minor is allowed to have an abortion without parent consent except for limited situations. So we're not talking the same thing.
My information says the 1/3 of the states do not require notification.
Mellers wrote:
Besides, how many 13 year old girls have abortions in MN? I'm curious, now that so many pro-life people keep bringing it up.
2% 15 and under is the number I get. The youngest was 12, but 13 is more logical for being the youngest. I used 13 because the boy was 13.
Mellers wrote:
Lastly, this boy cannot read, and cannot explain what "church elder" means, even if he is one. His parents are little better; they still think they can "cure" him with ionized water or by smuggling him to Mexico for alternative treatment.
I did not realize his parents were a little above illiterate. They appeared normal to the news media. If they are mentally incompetent, this changes the picture.
Mellers wrote:

(P.S. It's not a crime if it's allowed under the law. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't, legally speaking, make something a crime).
You are right. I was using the word (crime) not in the legal sense.

I do think we have created a problem with teenagers (rape charges) being given these pills after unprotected sex. Long term effects may not be very good on a regular base. Are you aware of the charges against Planned Parenthood (Kansas especially) were underage girls are getting abortions. They are being sued because of they do not report (obvious) rape charges (older men) to police. I do not have all the details, waiting for the media to report.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#17 May 24, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, and the same congrats to you. Each year our odds get better and better.
<quoted text>
My information says the 1/3 of the states do not require notification.
<quoted text>
2% 15 and under is the number I get. The youngest was 12, but 13 is more logical for being the youngest. I used 13 because the boy was 13.
<quoted text>
I did not realize his parents were a little above illiterate. They appeared normal to the news media. If they are mentally incompetent, this changes the picture.
<quoted text>
You are right. I was using the word (crime) not in the legal sense.
I do think we have created a problem with teenagers (rape charges) being given these pills after unprotected sex. Long term effects may not be very good on a regular base. Are you aware of the charges against Planned Parenthood (Kansas especially) were underage girls are getting abortions. They are being sued because of they do not report (obvious) rape charges (older men) to police. I do not have all the details, waiting for the media to report.
Thanks for your research. Born and raised in this state, I tend to care more about "our" facts. Statistics from varying states are, well, different than MN (think about Washington or California, compared to Georgia or Kentucky). Because this boy is from MN, I am more concerned about other "similar" issues about Minnesota.

I did not mean to imply that the boy's parents are near illiterate. I was trying to explain that their ignorance to the issues are clouding their judgment. My family and I were overwhelmed with the facts when I got sick, and trusted our doctor who was very confident he could "fix" me. I know how hard it is to trust a near-stranger on such an overwhelming, life-and-death subject, but I didn't have a choice.

I for one wish to see less unprotected sex, and more people waiting until their older to have sex. It's an issue that both sides could probably agree on, that could help reduce the number of abortions.

Saint Paul, MN

#18 May 24, 2009
Mellers wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't researched birth control pills by minors; what does the law say on that one?
Law was changed so that 17 year olds can get the morning after pill over the counter. With teenagers being cashiers, would their friends get a free pass. It appears to me that this is a wide open scenario for abuse.

As for birth control pills, with schools passing these pills out without parent consent it doesn't matter.

For example
October 22, 2007 "Last week, school officials in Portland, Maine, voted to allow the distribution of prescription-strength birth control pills to middle-school"

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#19 May 24, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Law was changed so that 17 year olds can get the morning after pill over the counter. With teenagers being cashiers, would their friends get a free pass. It appears to me that this is a wide open scenario for abuse.
As for birth control pills, with schools passing these pills out without parent consent it doesn't matter.
For example
October 22, 2007 "Last week, school officials in Portland, Maine, voted to allow the distribution of prescription-strength birth control pills to middle-school"
Again, I'm more curious about what goes on in MN. Also, do you believe the parents of Daniel Hauser, have the right to make this medical decision for their son? What if the boy was 17? What if he were 5?

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#20 May 24, 2009
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
For example
Thomas,
I not an expert on birth control pills, however they may only be dispensed by a licensed pharmacist and only with a written prescription by a health care professional. Pharmacist Technicians are not allowed to fill prescriptions. Technicians are also licensed and pay an annual fee for that privilege.

The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy are responsible to set rules for all pharmacies in the state.
To alleviate your anguish, I would suggest you check out their web page.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/rules/...

Unless the 17 year old is licensed as a pharmacist, they could not do it. If caught, the act could close the pharmacy. Pharmacy's are very well controlled by the state.
I hope now you can sleep better at night.

Have a peaceful Memorial Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eagles Extravaganza Apr 6 Windy Leaf 1
new ulm man accused of molesting and rapeing yo... Feb '16 steve lesley 1
New Ulm Man Accused of Molesting, Raping Young ... Feb '16 Steven Lesley I SPY 1
News New Ulm Chief Charged In Domestic Assault (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea (Apr '15) Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Heritagefest 2005 help needed! (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThatguyfromStPaul 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages