Daniel Hauser returned to parents' cu...

Daniel Hauser returned to parents' custody after they promise t...

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 26, 2009, titled Daniel Hauser returned to parents' custody after they promise t.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. A Brown County judge returned custody of 13-year-old Daniel Hauser to his parents Tuesday after receiving assurances they would drop their resistance to using chemotherapy for their son's cancer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

tiger

Scottsville, NY

#1 May 27, 2009
Can this story just about be done now?
meme

Fargo, ND

#2 May 27, 2009
I didn't read the article because I too am sick of this story. There is nothing normal about this family or their way of thinking. I think letting this boy back into the home is a bad idea. I keep thinking they are planning something and keeping this boy in their home is going to lead to something. Maybe a suicide pact or they all flee together some place. I just don't see how they can go from being so adament about not having him get treatment to saying they would allow it. It seems like the Mom loves the media attention a little too much.
tiger

Scottsville, NY

#3 May 27, 2009
I'm with you meme - I'm sick to death of it!!! Who gives a crap #1 and really - the mother's 10 seconds of fame are lasting far toooo long!
Sharon4Anderson

AOL

#4 May 27, 2009
Now that the Courts, with all Franchised Lawyers ie: Guardians playing GOD, techinally practicing Medicine terrorizing the Hauser Family with "taking" custody of a cancer patient is Bizzare
http://crimes-against-humanity.blogspot.com

Hopefully Danny's Mental/Spiritual Health his Family will give him Quality of Life.
http://www.google.com/search...
PS The Hauser Family are not Guina Pigs for Court Cancer Orders, the STRESS of "taking" custody of any child must be on a National Scale investigated
Let Brown County pay the Bills
Delusional

Plymouth, MN

#5 May 27, 2009
This family is just plain stupid. The kid can't read, the parents can't parent, and the entire family can't think straight. Please stop printing news about them. Society would be better off without their input anyways. Let them hole up in their home and suffer the consequences of stupid decisions.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 27, 2009
Tiger and meme can you at least express a hope of recovery for the boy or would that be too much of a strain on your sense of compassion?
Why

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 27, 2009
wasn't the mom thrown into prison? If I ever kidnapped my child (across state lines ) being a male I know I would have spent 1-2 nights in jail. I am sick of these double standards. Women want equal pay, why not equal penalties? Can't have that. It has already spun out of control. Pro tennis women only have to win 2/3 to make the same as men, why no outcry here?? When will this end??? You can NOT even argue that.
tiger

Scottsville, NY

#9 May 27, 2009
Sarah - since WHEN did someones medical care become national freakin news? Should I call the media and tell them my son has a cold? Give me a break - wish them all the best but get off my tv - your pathetic little family and their trials and tribulations are nothing more or less than any regular family puts up with on a daily basis.
burndiscoinferno

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 27, 2009
boring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Heritagefest 2005 help needed! Feb '15 ThatguyfromStPaul 1
News River's Edge Boarding and Grooming offers safe,... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Know Your Enemy: Minnesota (Sep '13) Jul '14 Sneaky Pete 3
News St. Paul archbishop, accused of touching boy, w... (Mar '14) Mar '14 tom 1
ILPEA Industries??? (Feb '14) Feb '14 someone 1
More from around the web

Sleepy Eye People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]