Judge in Daniel Hauser case is honored

Judge in Daniel Hauser case is honored

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Judge in Daniel Hauser case is honored. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The judge who oversaw last year's case involving a Sleepy Eye boy who did not want to receive chemotherapy to treat his cancer has been honored for his work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

A Thought

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 Jun 4, 2010
I'm not sure judges should be given awards for their handling of a particular case. It would seem to imply that certain cases are more important than others. In reality, while some cases are more complicated and emotional than others, everyone deserves to be treated equally, even if they're coming in for something mundane like a force title or name change. The Hauser case wasn't any more emotional or complex than a really bitter, contested custody dispute. I just can't believe that awards like this foster confidence in the judiciary. It gives the impression that judges may be vying for prestige in the performance of their duties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corey Sass Aug '16 Wondering 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Brandon lesley Jul '16 Justpassingby 1
News Eagles Extravaganza (Apr '16) Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
new ulm man accused of molesting and rapeing yo... (Feb '16) Feb '16 steve lesley 1
New Ulm Man Accused of Molesting, Raping Young ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Steven Lesley I SPY 1
News New Ulm Chief Charged In Domestic Assault (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2

Sleepy Eye Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages