No Sign of Minnesota Mom and Son

No Sign of Minnesota Mom and Son

There are 12 comments on the KAAL TV - Minnesota story from May 20, 2009, titled No Sign of Minnesota Mom and Son. In it, KAAL TV - Minnesota reports that:

A Minnesota mother and her 13-year-old cancer-stricken son remain on the run. A Brown County sheriff's dispatcher says there's been no sign of Colleen Hauser and her son Daniel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAAL TV - Minnesota.

Marilyn

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 20, 2009
If we are going to start enforcing things, why don't we enforce the only thing that will work? Jesus Christ. We've gotten rid of God in our nation and now are enforcing all other kinds of things that won't work.
Common Sense

Austin, MN

#2 May 20, 2009
Marilyn wrote:
If we are going to start enforcing things, why don't we enforce the only thing that will work? Jesus Christ. We've gotten rid of God in our nation and now are enforcing all other kinds of things that won't work.
Is it religion that makes people stupid or just that stupid people are attracted to religion?
Marilyn

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 20, 2009
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it religion that makes people stupid or just that stupid people are attracted to religion?
Jesus is not 'religion.' He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who everyone will bow to either now or later.
concerned

Vernon, NY

#4 May 20, 2009
if the mother continues to flee with her son, and the child does die from this cancer, she should be charged with 1st degree murder. This cancer is treatable and therefore, in turn would prevent his death. Regardless of religion, our children are on loan from God. She, the mother is not God
Marilyn

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 20, 2009
concerned wrote:
if the mother continues to flee with her son, and the child does die from this cancer, she should be charged with 1st degree murder. This cancer is treatable and therefore, in turn would prevent his death. Regardless of religion, our children are on loan from God. She, the mother is not God
I went to the best doctors money could buy, but they didn't have the answers for me. When man didn't have the answer, God did. Nothing is impossible with God. Notice I said "God," not religion.
JoeP

Moline, IL

#6 May 20, 2009
Marilyn, you are delusional.

concerned, agreed 100%.
Marilyn

Albuquerque, NM

#7 May 21, 2009
JoeP wrote:
Marilyn, you are delusional.
concerned, agreed 100%.
The truth is, I am very blessed. Thanks be to God!
Marilyn

Albuquerque, NM

#8 May 21, 2009
My people perish for lack of knowledge. The truth is that God's Word says that He is the God who heals us. It says that sickness is part of the curse, and we have been redeemed from the curse because of the blood of Jesus. It says that Jesus healed ALL who were sick and oppressed by the devil. It says that the Sun of Righteousness will arise with healing in His wings.

If you choose to know the truth, you can read the bible and let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth, or you can choose not to. God gives you a free choice.
Melonie

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 May 21, 2009
Regardless of someone's religious beliefs...I think the point that most people are missing is that We the people are not as free as we might think. Why does this child/family not have the right to choose alternative treatments? Why is this a legal issue at all? Shouldnt we as "free" people have the right to choose our own method of treatment?? And if not we all should be asking why not. Fact: Cancer is the 2nd largest industry in the world next to oil. Do you think it might have to do with $$$?? They dont want anyone to know that a lot of alternative methods do work. So they are making a great example out of this one so the brainwashing continues....
concerned

Vernon, NY

#10 May 23, 2009
what is working? the tumor was bigger, even a parent is not to make the choice to live or to die
Melonie wrote:
Regardless of someone's religious beliefs...I think the point that most people are missing is that We the people are not as free as we might think. Why does this child/family not have the right to choose alternative treatments? Why is this a legal issue at all? Shouldnt we as "free" people have the right to choose our own method of treatment?? And if not we all should be asking why not. Fact: Cancer is the 2nd largest industry in the world next to oil. Do you think it might have to do with $$$?? They dont want anyone to know that a lot of alternative methods do work. So they are making a great example out of this one so the brainwashing continues....
sal

Kingston, NY

#11 May 25, 2009
Kudos to this brave mom. I hope that she remains free of their hideously intrusive, undemocratic and fascist intentions. She must stay away from them - this is downright evil to try to control these suffering people.
The government and judges MUST stay OUT of our personal lives and decisions. This is so dangerous for our society. Its implications are chilling. How could they care about this loved child as the parents do?
Leave this devoted and wonderful mother alone. She has a mother's intuition and great love for her 13-year-old child, who has said he does NOT want chemotherapy right now. He is of age for that decision.
sal

Kingston, NY

#12 May 25, 2009
Chemotherapy is no certain cure. It is in fact, likely, primitive, in that it kills off the healthy cells, so badly needed for the immune system to fight diseases.
It is a torture, but much money is being made by its applications.
Melonie is 100% correct.
We are supposed to have the right to choose how we deal with medical problems. Are we so deadened to our own rights of liberty, that we don't even notice how our basic rights are being stolen from us on every level? Will it soon be allright to tell a parent exactly what she must feed her child and when? This is so outrageous it is downright medieval. And Americans are not alert to the fact that every day they lose more rights. We are all becoming prisoners, and are being programmed to hound those, like this caring mother, and try to have this devoted, kind and responsible, suffering mother imprisoned. Is this what our penal system is made for? This heartlessness is the height of criminality itself. And the barbarous throwing of stones at this courageous beautiful mother is brutal - but perhaps not so surprising, given the acceptance by Americans of the practice of torture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corey Sass (Aug '16) Aug '16 Wondering 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Brandon lesley (Jul '16) Jul '16 Justpassingby 1
News Eagles Extravaganza (Apr '16) Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea (Apr '15) Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Gary Anderson (Jan '13) Feb '14 Nancy 2

Sleepy Eye Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages