Cancer-stricken Minnesota teen, mothe...

Cancer-stricken Minnesota teen, mother return home on their own

There are 156 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 25, 2009, titled Cancer-stricken Minnesota teen, mother return home on their own. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Video courtesy Asgaard Media The weeklong search for Daniel Hauser - the 13-year-old refusing court-ordered chemotherapy - came to an end Monday when Brown County authorities announced he and his mother were back in Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Ron

The Pas, Canada

#143 May 28, 2009
I thought I had a short memory!
Fed up with bailing out wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssssssssst, Ron? I don't recall even talking to you to begin with.
Ron

The Pas, Canada

#144 May 28, 2009
I don't mean to be rude, just pointing something out but

if I had just said that to you, you would have said well, get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here.

If you are providing something other than those types of comments I might be interested in what you have to say but all I see is Fed up with bailing you out ready to pounce on others. This is a waste of time for both of us.
Ron! Not only that, I'm having a perfectly logical discussion on the same thing in a different thread. It's nice not to have someone like yourself interfere with that intelligent and logical discussion. We haven't had anyone put their two-cents in like you.
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

#145 May 29, 2009
Ron! Not only that, I'm having a perfectly logical discussion on the same thing in a different thread. It's nice not to have someone like yourself interfere with that intelligent and logical discussion. We haven't had anyone put their two-cents in like you.
Anyone wanting to get a true picture of MN nice just needs to log on to these blogs. Boy does that slogan disappear in a blink.

Since: Apr 09

Minneapolis, MN

#146 May 29, 2009
Buttomfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone wanting to get a true picture of MN nice just needs to log on to these blogs. Boy does that slogan disappear in a blink.
I wouldn't say any blog is a true reflection of how nice an individual might be or not be. I try to keep that in mind.

Minneapolis, MN

#147 May 29, 2009
Ron wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, just pointing something out but
if I had just said that to you, you would have said well, get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here.
If you are providing something other than those types of comments I might be interested in what you have to say but all I see is Fed up with bailing you out ready to pounce on others. This is a waste of time for both of us.
<quoted text>
You know something, Ron? Up until you changed the subject we were talking about this unfortunate teen with cancer. If you have a problem with someone over something so small as them telling you to "get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here" you have a problem. Personally, I think you are the one to latch on to folks just to get yourself some attention. First of all, I never said, and wouldn't say "get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here." That's not my style. I think, and will continue to think, that if an individual has a problem with our judicial system or the way our country runs - they need to see how other countries do things in comparison. My guess is that they won't think it's so bad here anymore. Depending on the changes Obama decides to put in place, I might well change my mind on that. BTW, I will be going back to the other thread. This one was taken way off track by yourself.

Minneapolis, MN

#148 May 29, 2009
AND others.
wayne

Monon, IN

#149 May 29, 2009
http://www.hemonctoday.com/article.aspx...

Anyone, and i mean anyone who promotes chemo and radiation for the treatment of anything other than assisted suicide should be charged with murder.
Incredible

Saint Paul, MN

#150 May 29, 2009
wayne wrote:
http://www.hemonctoday.com/art icle.aspx?rid=40306
Anyone, and i mean anyone who promotes chemo and radiation for the treatment of anything other than assisted suicide should be charged with murder.
Yes...people with cancer who need radiation and chemo are more likely to get cancer in the future. Probably because those that get both have much more advanced Hodgkins than others to start with, which would make sense they would have higher re-occurrance rate. The reasoning in the article is valid, but not telling the complete story, and they admit they do not have a large enough sample size to really reach any conclusion.

Statistically speaking, doing neither radiation or chemo for cancer treatment will lead to infinitely more deaths than any cancer re-occurance rate, so I think we should charge anyone who DOESN'T recommend radiation or chemo with murder...

Since: May 09

Puerto Rico

#151 May 29, 2009
Buttomfly wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved to MN 10 years ago and learned right away that "MN nice" means smile in your face, stab you in the back. The rude comments, the need to get the last word regardless of how it makes them look and the desperate need to be right at all cost. It's amusing but definitely old.{Eariler post Latina Mom}

“The sane guy in Chicago”

Since: Feb 08

Chicago

#152 May 29, 2009
Latina Butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved to MN 10 years ago and learned right away that "MN nice" means smile in your face, stab you in the back. The rude comments, the need to get the last word regardless of how it makes them look and the desperate need to be right at all cost. It's amusing but definitely old.{Eariler post Latina Mom}
I lived in Minnesota for four years and Minnesota Nice is the biggest load in the world. It means the people up there will be as nice to you on the first day you move there until the day you leave. That means smile and say "OH yeah, you betcha" which translates to "F*** OFF" I have met nicer people in NYC on the subways who carry knives.
wayne

Indianapolis, IN

#153 May 30, 2009
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI...

Chemo and radiation cure NOTHING, only kill your long term chance of survival. Anyone who thinks anything other than that is either an idiot or someone that profits from the sadistic American medical establishment.
Ron

Winnipeg, Canada

#154 May 30, 2009
Yes, anyone who disagrees with you.

I have never called the pro chemo, anti religion supporters bad names etc. I have been 'on a lot' it is a topic ( freedom ) that means something to me and others so we participate. It is that simple. Those who have differing opinions are on a lot too and it is alright with me.

I know you are on another site and I will try not to bring debate to it. Not, promising I could err but, at the very least, I will try not to comment on your contributions.
AND others.
Ron

Winnipeg, Canada

#155 May 30, 2009
As this is no longer a thread that you are frequenting perhaps a friend will pass on what I said as I read your final writings on this site.

Your style was to tell a woman, Latino Lady, not verbatim but undeniably so, something exactly to that effect. It is there for all the world to see. Being rude is never a small thing. You have never apologized so you clearly believe it was the right way to interact.

If you are a proponent of laizze faire it is your right.If you believe in the forced treatment and obstruction of freedom to exercise one's religion under certain, or all, circumstances that is your right. If you believe in shutting everyone else up it just takes it to a new arena.

Other people may want input into how their country works or doesn't.
<quoted text>
You know something, Ron? Up until you changed the subject we were talking about this unfortunate teen with cancer. If you have a problem with someone over something so small as them telling you to "get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here" you have a problem. Personally, I think you are the one to latch on to folks just to get yourself some attention. First of all, I never said, and wouldn't say "get out of here and go back to the other post, we don't need you here." That's not my style. I think, and will continue to think, that if an individual has a problem with our judicial system or the way our country runs - they need to see how other countries do things in comparison. My guess is that they won't think it's so bad here anymore. Depending on the changes Obama decides to put in place, I might well change my mind on that. BTW, I will be going back to the other thread. This one was taken way off track by yourself.

Minneapolis, MN

#156 May 30, 2009
Ron wrote:
As this is no longer a thread that you are frequenting perhaps a friend will pass on what I said as I read your final writings on this site.
Your style was to tell a woman, Latino Lady, not verbatim but undeniably so, something exactly to that effect. It is there for all the world to see. Being rude is never a small thing. You have never apologized so you clearly believe it was the right way to interact.
If you are a proponent of laizze faire it is your right.If you believe in the forced treatment and obstruction of freedom to exercise one's religion under certain, or all, circumstances that is your right. If you believe in shutting everyone else up it just takes it to a new arena.
Other people may want input into how their country works or doesn't.
<quoted text>
Yep, LOL, attention.
Ron

Winnipeg, Canada

#157 May 30, 2009
I apologize for being on this site.

The structuring of it was separate from any other comments when I entered and when I did enter there were no other comments on the board, a glitch or mistake on my part or forum.

I was concerned about that because I have seen a few errors on the threads. Anyway I will not respond to any comments that you have made unless they are addressed to me.

Again, my apologies.
<quoted text>
Yep, LOL, attention.
Ron

Winnipeg, Canada

#158 May 30, 2009
Retraction - I didn't realize that you were in a site other than the one that you said you were going to. I just responded to a different line, same subject,but not where you supposedly are.

Do you really feel that I am being anything less that respectful toward you and other people who want to interact without having to go through ninety threads of you and I going back and forth.

I will not be being rude if you do so again and I don't respond. I am trying to let the board get more movement as opposed to an on-going dialogue.
<quoted text>
Yep, LOL, attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corey Sass (Aug '16) Aug '16 Wondering 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Brandon lesley (Jul '16) Jul '16 Justpassingby 1
News Eagles Extravaganza (Apr '16) Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea (Apr '15) Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Gary Anderson (Jan '13) Feb '14 Nancy 2

Sleepy Eye Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages