School year starts early in southwest...

School year starts early in southwestern Minnesota

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 24, 2010, titled School year starts early in southwestern Minnesota. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The school year is underway in 16 school districts in southwestern Minnesota, a rare pre-Labor Day start for about 16,000 students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

THeresa

Chaska, MN

#1 Aug 24, 2010
By now summer is over for most kids, get them back into a routine of learning.
Parent

Chaska, MN

#2 Aug 24, 2010
Since when is tourism more important than school? Parents have 2-1/2 months to take their vacation. If they haven't taken it yet, too bad. It is about time we start focusing on educating our children.
I have been out of school 25 years, We always started before labor day and our parents dealt with it and so did the tourism industry.
DizzyOne

Duluth, GA

#3 Aug 24, 2010
They start school here in Georgia at the beginning of August and go until sometime in May and I don't believe the test scores are any better than Minnesota schools, maybe even worse. Need to get back to teaching the basics and add the other stuff after the scores improve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sleepy Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corey Sass (Aug '16) Aug '16 Wondering 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Brandon lesley (Jul '16) Jul '16 Justpassingby 1
News Eagles Extravaganza (Apr '16) Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
new ulm man accused of molesting and rapeing yo... (Feb '16) Feb '16 steve lesley 1
New Ulm Man Accused of Molesting, Raping Young ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Steven Lesley I SPY 1
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea (Apr '15) Apr '15 tbenj 1

Sleepy Eye Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sleepy Eye Mortgages