when sebree was a good town

Posted in the Slaughters Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sunny

Owensboro, KY

#1 Dec 9, 2012
I grew up in Sebree and sure do miss how it used to be. Stopping by BF majors to get some candy. He had a nick name for everybody. The small carnival that came to town that sat up in front of the fire station. But later moved to the park. Going swimming at the pool and jumping off the high dive. That was scary!!! Watching the huge fireworks show at the park on the Fourth of July...and the parade that morning. Rushing down to video land to get the new release before anyone else, lol. Since they only had one copy of each movie. Main Street market to get grape soda (I would probably throw up if I drank it now). I miss how Sebree used to be. Nothing but memories left.
Good Ole Days

Madisonville, KY

#2 Dec 9, 2012
Give me the Sebree of 1960s and 1970s. We had several good places to eat and pool hall that also had good food. The truck stop was also much better in those days. Stayed open 24-7. Change Big Rivers Power plants to burn natural gas, close the Onton coal mine (no coal trucks)and run Tyson out of Ky and will will be a good place to live again.
yes

Newburgh, IN

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Good Ole Days wrote:
Give me the Sebree of 1960s and 1970s. We had several good places to eat and pool hall that also had good food. The truck stop was also much better in those days. Stayed open 24-7. Change Big Rivers Power plants to burn natural gas, close the Onton coal mine (no coal trucks)and run Tyson out of Ky and will will be a good place to live again.
yes get Tyson out of here!
bubba

Madisonville, KY

#4 Dec 30, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
yes get Tyson out of here!
put 1200 people out of work?
yes

Newburgh, IN

#5 Dec 30, 2012
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>put 1200 people out of work?
yes!
yes

Newburgh, IN

#6 Dec 30, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>yes get Tyson out of here!
yes!
bobby

Evansville, IN

#7 Dec 30, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
yes!
you must not have any family that works there, domr people rely on that place to make a living
Gina

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Sebree did used to be a good town, but so did every other town in this nation. It's people's values that have changed. That's what had changed, the people. The people make the town and it seems instead of loving each other and lifting each other up all they want to do is push each other down in the mud.
sunny

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Who remembers going to the video store downtown, "at the movies"? The popcorn with every movie rental was the bomb!!!
The Plain Truth

Nebo, KY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
The Dollar Store is the only thing that has happened in Sebree in the last twenty years that may have improved the quality of life here,but about every town has one now. I do believe that if we could get those twenty years back the the chicken people would have been told just keep going right on down the road. Every thing Don Stull said would happen to Sebree is comming true.
sunny

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
I remember when Tyson was being built, I became good friends (still am today) with one of the construction worker. He has been all over the south building these chicken plants and warned us what would happen to our nice little town. He hit the nail on the head!! He said it happened to all the towns he had ever worked in! I always said, "yea, right"!!!!!!
back in the day

New Albany, IN

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Grew up in Sebree. Had a blast!!! Couldn't pay me to live there now...sad.
Juan

Madisonville, KY

#13 Jan 27, 2013
back in the day wrote:
Grew up in Sebree. Had a blast!!! Couldn't pay me to live there now...sad.
Now, you all do like our Mexican coochie, dont you?
bubba

Madisonville, KY

#14 Jan 27, 2013
sunny wrote:
I remember when Tyson was being built, I became good friends (still am today) with one of the construction worker. He has been all over the south building these chicken plants and warned us what would happen to our nice little town. He hit the nail on the head!! He said it happened to all the towns he had ever worked in! I always said, "yea, right"!!!!!!
Exactly, what dit the construction worker say what was going to happen?
sunny

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jan 27, 2013
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, what dit the construction worker say what was going to happen?

That Mexican would take over!!! Unless u grew up in Sebree, u don't have a clue on the nice, peaceful lil town it used to be. I moved there when I was 7 urs old and moved when I was 27. sone of my family is still there, unfortunately.
heebeejeebees

Hawesville, KY

#16 Mar 19, 2013
Hudson Foods came into this part of the country purposefully looking for county judges and magistrates that were to stupid to realize what would happen once they got a foot hold in our area.
Our poor ole dumb county officials were simply to green and gullible to know what it would all be like until it was too late and now everything is a big mess it is too late to be able to do anything about it.
Die Hard Democrat

Madisonville, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Tyson is the reason that four star sits empty. Who wants to be next to a damn stinking chicken slaughter plant.
blahh

Tucker, GA

#18 Mar 25, 2013
It might not be the best place anymore, but I'd love to move back anyday of the week its home!
Citizen

Ripley, TN

#19 May 16, 2013
You just need to clean out the town. start by getting rid of all those filthy mexican trash and it will be a damn good start
Ginny

Utica, KY

#20 Jun 24, 2013
I grew up there as well..I was just talking about sebree the other day. How it would b nice if it was like 20 yrs ago I would love to move back but no way n hell now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slaughters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Short Disappearance? (Jul '11) 24 min Truth 19
who is 6 hr Mikey 5
Kevin and LaDonna at it again!!! Fri average male 3
firewood #2 Fri blueballs 25
Chrissa Fri jimmy 15
Sierra O'Nan? Feb 23 Curious 1
7inch (Sep '13) Feb 20 Darjeeling 10

Slaughters Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance