Royse City schools chief put on paid leave

Full story: Dallas Morning News

A unanimous Royse City school board placed Superintendent Mike Harris on paid leave Monday while police investigate the disappearance of several hundred dollars' worth of gasoline from the district's stocks ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Erica

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2006

This is a common problem. It seems to happen more and more often. We all pay a price to live in a city/county of our choice, it is called TAX'S. I mean fuel come on, this is for transportation of our children, this is paid for by our tax dollars. What is going on here,$125,000.00 a year and Mr. Harris has no idea where this fuel has gone? I will not accuse this man of taking the fuel, however if it does turn out to be Mr. Harris is $600.00 a month not enough for gas, and not to mention we are paying his cell phone bill? Wake up people keeping our eyes closed is the problem. At the begining of the year we didnt even have anough books to go around for our children, but we are paying for others gas? Let me say this, what else have we paid for and have no clue about.
gladys

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

Im sorry, but this man is a dirty crook!! Just because of the price gauging in gas, does not legalize the acts that he has done. Mr. Harris has a problem that I am not going to mention in this comment, but let me just say this....he has am issue with telling the truth...to his co-workers and the school board. The school board should open their eyes to his complete ignorance and make a stand for it. He claims to be a "Christian man" that has been "framed." COME ON PEOPLE!! WAKE UP!!
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2006

What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?
royse city grandpa

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2006

Why is this case still dragging out? Shouldn't the board of trustees know now what they want to do with this man and get on with the action they plan to take.
royse city grandpa

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2006

Mary wrote:
What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?
Whatever happened to a speedy trial? Why is this taking so long. It would appear the school district is now in limbo, while the school board messes around.
East Texas Harold

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2006

I am concerned but also proud of the Royse City School Board. This was a sound and good decision made by the board. At this point patience is needed, not a speedy trial. This is an issue of integrity and theft. The school district is in good hands, this issue is out of the school board's control now. The police are now concentrating on this while the school board concentrates on the school district. This is exactly how it should be. Keep up the good work Royse City School Board, you are consistantly making good decisions during a phenomenal period in the growth of this tremendous school district.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2006

Yes, Royse City used to be a phenonmenal school district. Since the retirement of their former superintendent, things have gone from bad to worse. I guess this new superintendant has now lost all credability. He should just go ahead and resign. Hopefully the board won't have to pay him off too.
royse city grandpa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

East Texas Harold wrote:
I am concerned but also proud of the Royse City School Board. This was a sound and good decision made by the board. At this point patience is needed, not a speedy trial. This is an issue of integrity and theft. The school district is in good hands, this issue is out of the school board's control now. The police are now concentrating on this while the school board concentrates on the school district. This is exactly how it should be. Keep up the good work Royse City School Board, you are consistantly making good decisions during a phenomenal period in the growth of this tremendous school district.
I agree that patience is needed at this time. My concern is that it took so long to get started. The incident happened in Oct or Nov and the board chose not to begin the investigation at that time. Now that they have waited you are correct they should be patient and go slowly so as to do it right.
royse city bulldog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

Hopefully this time around the board can pick a Superintendent that is honest and will have the district's best interest in mind when he/she begins the job.
royse city bulldog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

gladys wrote:
Im sorry, but this man is a dirty crook!! Just because of the price gauging in gas, does not legalize the acts that he has done. Mr. Harris has a problem that I am not going to mention in this comment, but let me just say this....he has am issue with telling the truth...to his co-workers and the school board. The school board should open their eyes to his complete ignorance and make a stand for it. He claims to be a "Christian man" that has been "framed." COME ON PEOPLE!! WAKE UP!!
You said Mr. Harris has a problem, why will you not mention the problem? Do you know something we should all know about the man.
East Texas Harold

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2006

royse city grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that patience is needed at this time. My concern is that it took so long to get started. The incident happened in Oct or Nov and the board chose not to begin the investigation at that time. Now that they have waited you are correct they should be patient and go slowly so as to do it right.
It does sound like a long time, but when you consider the scope of the problem, then it was not a very long investigation. These things have to go through a process before the board gets the information. By the time the board got the information it was probably December; school breaks and reopens in January. Three months and probably several hours of deliberation later the board had completed their investigation. I would say that was justified and about right for a matter of this significance. It just sounds long, because of the occurance and timing of the alledged crime. Anyway, that can be argued either way and it is not a major problem. The board should not be ridiculed for what they have had to endure during this process and another one that happened just a couple of years back. A lot of major decisions for people that get no pay for their dedication.
bubba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2006

East Texas Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
It does sound like a long time, but when you consider the scope of the problem, then it was not a very long investigation. These things have to go through a process before the board gets the information. By the time the board got the information it was probably December; school breaks and reopens in January. Three months and probably several hours of deliberation later the board had completed their investigation. I would say that was justified and about right for a matter of this significance. It just sounds long, because of the occurance and timing of the alledged crime. Anyway, that can be argued either way and it is not a major problem. The board should not be ridiculed for what they have had to endure during this process and another one that happened just a couple of years back. A lot of major decisions for people that get no pay for their dedication.
let the police do their job
let the school board do their job
in this day and age with all the lawyers we have, it takes a little time for everyone to do things right
my name is earl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2006

bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
let the police do their job
let the school board do their job
in this day and age with all the lawyers we have, it takes a little time for everyone to do things right
I don't believe there is a question that time enough should be taken to do this correctly. However one question that continues to come up is: Why was he given a raise and a contract extension in Jan or Feb when the board knew this allegation was pending and needed to be investigated. Wouldn't it have been better to wait until after the investigation was complete before a contract extension.
Sally

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2006

The Royse City ISD needs strong leadership. They desperately need someone who cares about the schools, the teachers, and the students. The district has not had this for a few years now and it shows in all areas. The board should have known that a flashy name means nothing.
Buddy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2006

As a person who knows Mike Harris and was taught myself by Mike I would like to chime in on his behalf.I think he does care about the students and hope that he is not guilty of taking the gas
Eric

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2006

I have only known him for a little while and he seems like a great guy. However, it looks like he made an error in judgment, an illegal one, and he is going to have to pay for it.
my name is earl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2006

Based on the comments made yesterday there seems to be some people that have had good experiences with Mr. Harris. I am glad that some people can say some good things about him. My dealings with him have not been good. He seems to believe he is just a little bit better and smarter than most people. I think some of his awards have gone to his head and he felt as though he could do what he wanted. I am hoping the school board can find someone this time around that will be a keeper.
Eric

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2006

Well, when is somebody going to do something about all this? And why is it not in the paper? It seems like there is some big cover up going on.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2006

There has been nothing about this in the paper or on the news. Plus I have heard that there are witnessess who no one has talked to.
Michael

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2006

Anybody heard anything more on this story?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Slaton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Slaton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••