Day Trips

There are 31 comments on the The Austin Chronicle story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Day Trips. In it, The Austin Chronicle reports that:

Harvey Houses helped settle the West and were the travelers' best friend for 92 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Austin Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#21 Sep 22, 2010
steve got a fishing trip for you, it is a gulf of mexico wade fishing trip, out at the 60 mile oil rigs.
triplsvn

United States

#22 Sep 22, 2010
ah, aren't Indians mostly Hindu, not Muslim?.....Indians are picked on, not because of their belief system but because they'll go anywhere in the world, work hard, take advantage of obvious opportunity, pass on strong family and religious values and become great successes where the locals lacked the vision and the work ethic to prosper ... In this case the perp should be named, evaluated as to personal history as to education and work ethic and I think you'll find a much more simple answer to why the attack took place. Low self esteem, fear and loathing, molested as a child, and raised by the chickens out behind his father's barn.......Picking on Steve shows the same personal traits, history, and upbringing as the perp.........See a good analyst......Please
triplsvn

United States

#23 Sep 22, 2010
as usual, you people are so easy............Get a life.......
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#24 Sep 22, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.justice.gov/
Man believes revenge drove assault
LAKE BROWNWOOD The owner of Lake Brownwood s Lakeview Inn was assaulted twice over the weekend, and the victim, a native of India, believes the attacks were in retaliation for last week s terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. The ...
3.6K - Sep. 18, 2001; scored 1000.0
One arrest made in Lake B wood attack
ABILENE A man charged in the Lake Brownwood attack against local businessman Henry Bhakta has been arrested by the Abilene Police Department, according to Investigator Tony Aaron of the Brown County Sheriff s Department. Carl Leon Stewart is charge...
2.9K - Oct. 17, 2001; scored 669.0
www.brownwoodbulletin.com
Rick Perry-land !
triplsvn

United States

#25 Sep 22, 2010
lived everywhere in the world, most places are just about the same. Some smart people, some educated, some really stupid people, some losers, some work hard, some don't work hard, some don't even work, mother rapers, father rapers, some people in touch, druggies, murderers, opportunists, people drunk with power, some not.........I've detected no difference anywhere. It's just they way things are. Something to hate and love everywhere and you're pretty much identified, defined by what you say and what you do. But Saying is not nearly as important in doing... It won't change anytime soon. So what are you saying. THere's just places............
Chaka Con

De Leon, TX

#26 Sep 22, 2010
triplsvn wrote:
ah, aren't Indians mostly Hindu, not Muslim?.....Indians are picked on, not because of their belief system but because they'll go anywhere in the world, work hard, take advantage of obvious opportunity, pass on strong family and religious values and become great successes where the locals lacked the vision and the work ethic to prosper ... In this case the perp should be named, evaluated as to personal history as to education and work ethic and I think you'll find a much more simple answer to why the attack took place. Low self esteem, fear and loathing, molested as a child, and raised by the chickens out behind his father's barn.......Picking on Steve shows the same personal traits, history, and upbringing as the perp.........See a good analyst......Please
I went to see an analyst and he told me that there were 150 million muslims in India. I checked it out with google and this is correct. Yes, "most" Indians are Hindu, but 150 million is equal to half the population of the U.S. What do you think?
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#27 Sep 22, 2010
Steve wrote:
Ride the Bus to Brownwood !
You'll have to ride the Bus since there is no commercial Plane or Train Service to "economically distressed" Brownwood !

Know before you go !

Remote Area Medical
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brownwood-tx/...
triplsvn

United States

#28 Sep 22, 2010
actually the man who was beaten is a Christian.....
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#30 Sep 22, 2010
triplsvn wrote:
actually the man who was beaten is a Christian.....
which man ?
Chaka Con

De Leon, TX

#31 Sep 22, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to ride the Bus since there is no commercial Plane or Train Service to "economically distressed" Brownwood !
Know before you go !
Remote Area Medical
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brownwood-tx/...
Economically distressed with all that stimulus?
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#32 Sep 23, 2010
Chaka Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Economically distressed with all that stimulus?
Have Rick Perry or any other area "Moving and Shaking" CONservative explain it to you !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slaton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Multiple arrests made in connection to shots fi... Oct 2 george 1
McDonalds Install Kiosk Reduces Employees Oct 1 george 3
Poker Sep 30 Chrisp573 1
Coach Kingsbury is still on the Hot Seat Sep 30 Lederer 3
obgyn Sep 28 MamaAdvicePlz 1
Crime infested city Sep 27 WTF 24
Woman Says Cotton decor at H. Lobby is Racist ... Sep 25 KEEPER of your ol... 9

Slaton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance