Day Trips

There are 31 comments on the The Austin Chronicle story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Day Trips. In it, The Austin Chronicle reports that:

Harvey Houses helped settle the West and were the travelers' best friend for 92 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Austin Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#1 Aug 26, 2010
Ride the Bus to Brownwood !
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#2 Aug 27, 2010
Now under way in BuSh Country Brownwood, Home to nearly 100 Churches !

The GOP Swaps Gay Bashing for Islamaphobia
http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-islampapho...
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#3 Aug 27, 2010
and steve likes to also swap a lot. in the interest of not being just too nasty we will not list the things steve likes to swap.
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Steve wrote:
Ride the Bus to Brownwood !
All aboard ?
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#5 Sep 1, 2010
Steve wrote:
Now under way in BuSh Country Brownwood, Home to nearly 100 Churches !
The GOP Swaps Gay Bashing for Islamaphobia
http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-islampapho...
http://www.justice.gov/
Man believes revenge drove assault
LAKE BROWNWOOD The owner of Lake Brownwood s Lakeview Inn was assaulted twice over the weekend, and the victim, a native of India, believes the attacks were in retaliation for last week s terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. The ...
3.6K - Sep. 18, 2001; scored 1000.0
One arrest made in Lake B wood attack
ABILENE A man charged in the Lake Brownwood attack against local businessman Henry Bhakta has been arrested by the Abilene Police Department, according to Investigator Tony Aaron of the Brown County Sheriff s Department. Carl Leon Stewart is charge...
2.9K - Oct. 17, 2001; scored 669.0
www.brownwoodbulletin.com
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#6 Sep 2, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.justice.gov/
Man believes revenge drove assault
LAKE BROWNWOOD The owner of Lake Brownwood s Lakeview Inn was assaulted twice over the weekend, and the victim, a native of India, believes the attacks were in retaliation for last week s terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. The ...
3.6K - Sep. 18, 2001; scored 1000.0
One arrest made in Lake B wood attack
ABILENE A man charged in the Lake Brownwood attack against local businessman Henry Bhakta has been arrested by the Abilene Police Department, according to Investigator Tony Aaron of the Brown County Sheriff s Department. Carl Leon Stewart is charge...
2.9K - Oct. 17, 2001; scored 669.0
www.brownwoodbulletin.com
Whatever happened to this case ? No Brownwood Bulletin follow up story (report)? Brownwood's Legendary Crime Beat Cat Juggler MIA ?
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#7 Sep 5, 2010
Steve wrote:
Ride the Bus to Brownwood !
Don't know where Brownwood is ? Look for the red dot in the Center of Texas on the map linked below !

http://www.ewg.org/sites/asbestos/maps/shipme...
Clean Lungs

Pearland, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2010
Must not be very healthy in Brownwood with all that asbestos around you !
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#9 Sep 5, 2010
Clean Lungs wrote:
Must not be very healthy in Brownwood with all that asbestos around you !
It's Feels Like Home Brownwood !
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#10 Sep 5, 2010
STEVE with all the potentialy aids infected man soup you have ate, asbestos is the least of your worries.
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#11 Sep 6, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know where Brownwood is ? Look for the red dot in the Center of Texas on the map linked below !
http://www.ewg.org/sites/asbestos/maps/shipme...
Brownwood's Deep in the Heart of Texas
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#12 Sep 6, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Brownwood's Deep in the Heart of Texas
Steve, heres an idea for a great day trip, take fm45 toward Richland Springs and turn left on fm500, go until you see the sign for Regency Bridge on your left about 8 miles. Its the last remaining suspension bridge in use in Texas. When you get there park your car on the south end and walk out to the middle of the bridge which is about 150 feet above the water, its a beautiful site. Then take a rope with a 200 lb. block of concrete(you might need some help) tie it around your neck and jump the hell off of the bridge. They say the trip to the bottom is spectacular.
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#13 Sep 6, 2010
Just observing wrote:
<quoted text>Steve, heres an idea for a great day trip, take fm45 toward Richland Springs and turn left on fm500, go until you see the sign for Regency Bridge on your left about 8 miles. Its the last remaining suspension bridge in use in Texas. When you get there park your car on the south end and walk out to the middle of the bridge which is about 150 feet above the water, its a beautiful site. Then take a rope with a 200 lb. block of concrete(you might need some help) tie it around your neck and jump the hell off of the bridge. They say the trip to the bottom is spectacular.
Regency Bridge ? Isn't that where G W BuSh once hung out ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regency_Bridge
Shaka Zulu

De Leon, TX

#14 Sep 6, 2010
Steve, JO had the best idea but I have a backup plan if jumping off the bridge doesn't work. Next time we have a real gully washer, go out to the spillway and lock yourself in a barrel (drill some holes in it first) and pretend you're at Niagra Falls on your honeymoon with skinny Steve and go off the edge. Take a waterproof camcorder with you and when they recover your dead cold body, they can post your last moments on youtube.
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#15 Sep 6, 2010
Shaka Zulu wrote:
Steve, JO had the best idea but I have a backup plan if jumping off the bridge doesn't work. Next time we have a real gully washer, go out to the spillway and lock yourself in a barrel (drill some holes in it first) and pretend you're at Niagra Falls on your honeymoon with skinny Steve and go off the edge. Take a waterproof camcorder with you and when they recover your dead cold body, they can post your last moments on youtube.
Now that sounds like some action the local GOD talking HATE radio performers could really get into !

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brownwood-tx/...
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#16 Sep 9, 2010
Heres another great day trip steve. Go south on Hwy 281 until you merge with I-37S and continue all the way to Corpus Christi. When you get there take So. Padre Island Dr. all the way to the beach, when you get to the beach,roll up all your windows, increase your velocity to at least 120 mph and keep on driving until you feel the water up to your neck. Take a deep breath and kiss your ass goodbye. Great trip, enjoy! Alla Akbar muslimmotherfucker
Steve

Brownwood, TX

#17 Sep 9, 2010
Just observing wrote:
Heres another great day trip steve. Go south on Hwy 281 until you merge with I-37S and continue all the way to Corpus Christi. When you get there take So. Padre Island Dr. all the way to the beach, when you get to the beach,roll up all your windows, increase your velocity to at least 120 mph and keep on driving until you feel the water up to your neck. Take a deep breath and kiss your ass goodbye. Great trip, enjoy! Alla Akbar muslimmotherfucker
Just participating, Are you and your fellow posse members heading North to Topeka for your day trip ?

Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove doesn't

By Chad Smith
Staff writer

Published: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.

Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls its off.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLE...
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Just participating, Are you and your fellow posse members heading North to Topeka for your day trip ?
Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove doesn't
By Chad Smith
Staff writer
Published: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.
Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls its off.
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLE...
Goddam, not only are you an incredibly stupid dumbass, you have no creativity whatsoever, and you have the sense of humor one might find at the bottom of a shithole. Is that really the best that you can do with a reply, whatafuckinloser.
Montana

AOL

#19 Sep 21, 2010
Steve wrote:
Ride the Bus to Brownwood !
Sounds like fun
Chaka Con

De Leon, TX

#20 Sep 21, 2010
Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like fun
You'd probably have much more "fun" if you rode with Steve in his vintage Silver Streak camper. It has a small bed in it that you and Steve would find very cozy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72873966 @N00/405677469/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slaton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope, West Texas mayors talk - strength in numb... Thu Laredo 2
News 75 illegal immigrants arrested by ICE in north ... Jul 19 spytheweb 17
Trump Plans Massive Welfare Cuts Jul 14 Settle down 8
News In-Depth look at increasing prostitution numbers (Jul '09) Jul 12 Hard man goode 46
Crime infested city Jul 12 Settle down 3
bisexual men in lubbock? (Jan '15) Jul 10 KEEPER 11
News South Plains College prepares for August openin... Jun 23 nancy p 1

Slaton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Slaton Mortgages