'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 182361 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#39498 May 9, 2012
American Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
BTW AR did you were asking about southern consevative democrats. Did you get a chance to read my post on that?

“I am the 99%”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#39499 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
That sir is wrong!
Writeing any kind of statement requires heart,soul and talent! A post is a statement and/or a point of view, is it not? A debate can not be, without all three, otherwise would we not all put as much across as wtf? He has basic writeing skills ( even corrects my spelling for me ) Would you debate a contract with him? Come on Cornelius! Shame on you for agreeing with him T O F Y, you are both smarter than that!
I stand corrected.
American Republican

Abingdon, VA

#39500 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>BTW AR did you were asking about southern consevative democrats. Did you get a chance to read my post on that?
I just went to town to get 50lb segar some yeast and copper line. Havent yet, where is it?

Middlesboro, KY

#39501 May 9, 2012
He Man wrote:
Can you dig it people? I like that tofy, Brought back childhood memories of watching The Warriors,Drinking Pepsi and smoking Bud..LOL..Wish it was 1979 again....
Oh dude no way 1979 was favorite year..greatest summer ever!
unreal?

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#39502 May 9, 2012
LOL reminds me of a lame joke I heard on the radio.
A guy looks at his buddy and exclaims, " Sam, why don't you go to the doctor?" "You are constantly leaning to one side and it is making me dizzy"
To which Sam replies, "I do not lean to one side!" "I am perfectly fine, but if it will shut you up, I will go have a doctor check me out".
Sam goes to the doctor and sure enough, one of Sams legs is three inches shorter than the other. The doctor fits Sam with a lift in one of his shoes to even him out and sends him on his way.
Later that week Sam walks into a bar and sees his buddy bellied up to the bar. Sam walks up and stands beside his buddy and puts an arm around him. His buddy looks him up and down and exclaims, "See Sam I told you so!" "You went to the doctor and now you aren't leaning at all"
To which Sam replied,
"I stand corrected".
:-P

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#39503 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh dude no way 1979 was favorite year..greatest summer ever!
unreal?
Shhh, you are letting people know who the old guys are :-P

Middlesboro, KY

#39504 May 9, 2012
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one state primary that was never an Obama state to begin with.
But no matter how frustrated some democrats are with Obama it doesn't mean they will vote for Romney.
I will freely admit that had Obama been running against another Democrat he would be in trouble. The republicans were very good at blocking legislation that would have helped the economy and put him in a better position.
However people aren't entirely stupid. Most know that a return to the way things were would be idiotic.
Romney has the image of an out of touch 1%'er. People see him an member of the upper class elite whose influence on our government put us in this mess.
Romney is doing nothing to dispel that image through policy or action. In fact, his constant attempts and fails at trying to look as sound like an average Joe only further reinforces this image.
Add that to his complete reversals of position, his being on record as being for many of the things he is now running against. His belonging to a religion that, as they learn about it, most Christians will see as strange and many will see as offensive.
Add all that up and it spells a second term for Obama.
Total agreement CS.The man is not a natural politician and is just plain uncomfortable plus he lacks the ability to inspire.
He just don't have the touch!
American Republican

Abingdon, VA

#39505 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
But no matter how frustrated some democrats are with Obama it doesn't mean they will vote for Romney.
I will freely admit that had Obama been running against another Democrat he would be in trouble. The republicans were very good at blocking legislation that would have helped the economy and put him in a better position.
However people aren't entirely stupid. Most know that a return to the way things were would be idiotic.
Romney has the image of an out of touch 1%'er. People see him an member of the upper class elite whose influence on our government put us in this mess.
Romney is doing nothing to dispel that image through policy or action. In fact, his constant attempts and fails at trying to look as sound like an average Joe only further reinforces this image.
Add that to his complete reversals of position, his being on record as being for many of the things he is now running against. His belonging to a religion that, as they learn about it, most Christians will see as strange and many will see as offensive.
Cornelius, you could be right, we will see? Politics or party's dont rule me! I do not like Mitt! If the Democrats had someone else I would likely vote against Mitt! I dont like the direction Obama is takeing America in, I "Hope" Mitt is the lessor of evil's!?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#39506 May 9, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>

oorah....
))))))))))
He Man

Dahlonega, GA

#39507 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh dude no way 1979 was favorite year..greatest summer ever!
unreal?
Yes Yes Yes, That was the year I got my drivers license and my first car(1970 Chevelle)..I was so proud of that car..I remember the first week I had it my girlfriend tore the damn headliner with her feet(Maybe My Fault),LMFAO!!!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#39508 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>You where there DB...So I have Question for you. Was General Westmoreland a democrat or just a LIAR?
That's not a simple answer. And, a general, or any officer, or any enlisted man has no official political bearing.
Waht was the lie you attribute to Westmoreland?

Middlesboro, KY

#39509 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I just went to town to get 50lb segar some yeast and copper line. Havent yet, where is it?
I'll find and see if I can repost it for you.lol Moonshine...LMAO
YOU SURE YOU'RE REPUBLICAN...HA HA!

Middlesboro, KY

#39510 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Shhh, you are letting people know who the old guys are :-P
My bad !!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#39511 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
"The republicans were very good at blocking legislation that would have helped the economy and put him in a better position."

What????????

For example:
.... well?????????

And, tell us how that stack of legislation from the House is doing on Harry Reid's desk.
When are those pieces of legislation scheduled to come to the Senate floor for a vote?

... goddam projectionist liar.

Middlesboro, KY

#39512 May 9, 2012
He Man wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Yes Yes, That was the year I got my drivers license and my first car(1970 Chevelle)..I was so proud of that car..I remember the first week I had it my girlfriend tore the damn headliner with her feet(Maybe My Fault),LMFAO!!!!!
Oh H$ll Yeah! 1971 Camaro with slick 50's...just to burn rubber..hehehe!
And that damn Hump in the middle of the back seat.LOL

Middlesboro, KY

#39513 May 9, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a simple answer. And, a general, or any officer, or any enlisted man has no official political bearing.
Waht was the lie you attribute to Westmoreland?
Basically the whole damn WAR!
False body counts,Not holding taken ground.Ridiculous Recon missions.
YOU KNOW THE SCORE DB!
He Man

Dahlonega, GA

#39514 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh H$ll Yeah! 1971 Camaro with slick 50's...just to burn rubber..hehehe!
Oh yes,But the chevelle didn't have the dreaded hump,LMFAO!!!!Hey tofy what was the meanest car you owned,I remember when I was 19 my dad bought me a 1974 Vega GT, It was Brandywine with nice wide tires and wheels on it, But the whole time I'm thinking a fkn vega right..Well he told me to pop the hood and see how clean a little motor it had in it, So I pulled the latch and lifted the hood which opened from the windshield forward like a Vette,Dude sitting under that stock hood was a 396 out of a 1969 SS Chevelle that had been wreaked, And it was thouroughly went through with alot of goodies(Running Sum Bit*h)..

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#39515 May 9, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh H$ll Yeah! 1971 Camaro with slick 50's...just to burn rubber..hehehe!
LOL Damn hump put me in a back brace for six months.
A buddy of mine was driving his Camaro. I was the unfortunate one to get the middle back position in the car. He was doing like 80 when he hit a deep pothole. Luckily he managed to keep control of the car but he just came away with blown tire and a bent rim, and I came away with a sore back.
After like three day of increasing pain I finally went to the ER. They X-rayed me and spotted three cracked vertebrae.
Got some awesome pain meds and spent six months in a back brace :-P
He Man

Dahlonega, GA

#39516 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL Damn hump put me in a back brace for six months.
A buddy of mine was driving his Camaro. I was the unfortunate one to get the middle back position in the car. He was doing like 80 when he hit a deep pothole. Luckily he managed to keep control of the car but he just came away with blown tire and a bent rim, and I came away with a sore back.
After like three day of increasing pain I finally went to the ER. They X-rayed me and spotted three cracked vertebrae.
Got some awesome pain meds and spent six months in a back brace :-P
Damn CS,I know that damn hump is like riding a 4x4 (Lumber)not much padding...

Middlesboro, KY

#39517 May 9, 2012
Sorry AR..That was JAY asking about Southern Conservative Democrats.
But here it is if would like to read it and add your thoughts I'd be grateful! I must be losing brain cells faster than I thought? lol

RE:Conservative Democrats of the south.

I have to disagree with White Hair's Analogy on this one.
Dixiecrats Held powerful position in the south during the time of segregation,And were members of the society of...Yep the KKK.
So when LBJ came out for Civil Rights.The Dixiecrats left the party
by droves.Then as you know the party became liberal and began to attract people of color the impoverished the workers getting low wages,and unions. Thus basically the Party was reborn if you will.
Or morphed into what it is today.Hope that helps some!
BTW One little footnote...And I remember this well! If A man was lazy
and didn't take care of his family...no matter his color...they being
serious about their beliefs would first give a warning by laying a bundle of switches on the mans porch and if he didn't straighten up..well you can imagine what followed. They meant business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just seeing how everyone in campton have been d... 57 min mike 3
Randall Toler 1 hr gag 6
steve gabbard 1 hr old friend 1
Bird arvin (Feb '10) 1 hr Truth spoken 25
ER doctor, Dr Sandra Savage is the worst dr ever. (Sep '14) 1 hr Nurse 16
Estill County High School memories from the 1980s 1 hr rick 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike thunkit 137,853
More from around the web

Slade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]