Black Man Proud Of Confederate Flag

Black Man Proud Of Confederate Flag

There are 13 comments on the WTVC Chattanooga story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Black Man Proud Of Confederate Flag. In it, WTVC Chattanooga reports that:

“So here I am, trying to bring an understanding that there was folks who look like me who earned a place of honor and dignity here under this flag. And this flag is just as much for folks who look like me as any white man in the south land of America”

Many heads turned in Ringgold Wednesday when they saw an African-American man dressed in a Confederate soldier's uniform, carrying a Confederate flag. via WTVC Chattanooga

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVC Chattanooga.

bobeaux

Candler, NC

#1 Mar 14, 2008
just goes to show, there are fools everywhere.

“Beau jour mon ami”

Since: Mar 08

IN DA METRO

#2 Mar 14, 2008
I don't believe this at all.
Stainless Banner

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Roland J wrote:
I don't believe this at all.
* H.K. Edgarton is very well known for his activism in support of the Confederate flag and Confederate memorials. His mother was a staunch Confederate supporter all of her life. She had a Confederate funeral that was very well attended.
* Recently, a 17 year old black guy from Vidalia, Georgia, wrote a letter to Senator Saxby Chamblis, to protest the ban on Confederate clothing at his school. Stephen Stafford, is an Eagle Scout and a good solid citizen.
* You have to realize, it was the yankees who invaded the south, burned the houses and crops, then molested and murdered southern slave women as well as other innocent civilians.
Stainless Banner

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2008
YourMomsHole wrote:
He's got the right idea. Another step against erasing social stigma. What people think it means isn't what it really represents.
It's the Confederate haters who work to divide America. Divide by north and south, by black and white, by rich and poor, by every division they can exploit to weaken our country. H.K. Edgarton is a uniter and a tireless one at that.
Aryan

AOL

#7 Mar 14, 2008
They don't call it the war of northern aggression for nothing. Them yankees raped a lot of black slave women. The black soldiers raped white women!

“I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE FIRST!”

Since: Apr 07

25,000 Gee

#9 Mar 14, 2008
at least he got a side.

some of yall want to be in the middle.

you either in... or out.
Anna

United States

#10 Mar 15, 2008
Just another Sambo black if you ask me.
Confederate Man

Sun City Center, FL

#12 Mar 15, 2008

“Like any other man,but more so”

Since: Sep 07

Cimmeria

#13 Mar 21, 2008
H.K. is a very serious and relavent historian.He points out more than just what happened in the war against northern aggression,he points out the political and social ramifications of the war crimes commited by the north that go on to this day.He is by far the better qualified to speak on race relations than the stalwart sellout,Obama.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 21, 2008
Aryan wrote:
They don't call it the war of northern aggression for nothing. Them yankees raped a lot of black slave women. The black soldiers raped white women!
Nooooooo!!!!! That made me cry. Why did they do that!?!?!

Location hidden

#15 Mar 21, 2008
I'm actually not going to post a serious comment on this one. No one's "right" about it.

Let the dude dress up as a Confederate. It will be of little solace to him when he's dragged to death behind a pickup truck by his "confederate bretheren".
Hambone

Evansville, IN

#16 Mar 23, 2008
This man's argument is far too subtle and intellectual for most to understand.

Please keep your knee-jerk reactions to yourselves.
bobeaux wrote:
just goes to show, there are fools everywhere.
windi

San Diego, CA

#18 Dec 23, 2008
ur coool i like u baby/want 4 kies u babie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skyland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate flag fan defends the stars & bars 38 min rebel111 114
Let's Not Reelect Cecil Bothwell 41 min VOTE IN FAIRVIEW 2
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Marksman11 142,484
UNELECT CECIL BOTHWELL He Should Resign 5 hr Minnesota Chuckie 2
How Obama Deceived The Public On Healthcare (Nov '13) 20 hr Go Blue Forever 107
It's True: PLANNED PARENTHOOD SELLS MURDERED BA... 20 hr Leftwing Dolt Wal... 20
News Asheville businesses fight to keep big chains out 20 hr Satyam Thomas Hof... 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skyland Mortgages