as rolling hills not mountains.
2. Overrated architecture although for a small city
nice. Hopefully Asheville will preserve
the gems they have.
3. Ugly boxy modern buildings in downtown
that look like housing projects.
4.Overdevelopment people usually from Florida
putting mansions on mountains.
5.Some parts of town are extremely dumpy.
6.Org anic and farm to table and vegan food.
Some of asheville restaurants are bland.
7.A classy mcdonalds and other chain shops
in biltmore village.
8. Expensive to live here why?
There are 2 celebrities that live here
Billy Graham and Andie Macdowell it's not aspen.
9. The artsy trendy hipsters, hippies,
yuppies, wiccans, and some gay people.
I have nothing against gays but not when
their grandstanding. My cousin is gay and
i love him.
10.The grove park inn looks like a
flintstone lodge and chargest astronomic
prices like its new york city.
Durrr

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Jun 26, 2010
Tabitha wrote:
i love him...
And I bet he can goddam spell "they're", teabagging Palin lover.
Homo Sex Central City

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2010
He pretty much spelled it out. All Asheville attracks are people that breed disease.
Ashevillian

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2010
Tabitha wrote:
1. Overrated scenery. Anyone who has traveled
out west and in canada think of asheville
the gems they have.
in biltmore village.
i love him.
You are correct on all 10!
Sweet Girl

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2010
Why does Obama love Asheville then? He has traveled everywhere!
By the way 4,000, 5,000 mountains are not hills!
Try climbing them!
Mount mitchell is 6,700 feet not that far
from Asheville.
Fkkkkkkkkkkkkit

Hendersonville, NC

#6 Jun 26, 2010
If ya don't like it here GTF OUT!
Red Hot Poker

Sanford, NC

#7 Jun 26, 2010
A little PMS today,'Tabitha'?
Red Hot Poker

Sanford, NC

#8 Jun 26, 2010
Lately, Id say it sucks because its so damn hot.
Sarah

United States

#9 Jun 26, 2010
I like Asheville, but it's overrated. I hate to break it to people who think obama loves asheville.
My new friends cousin whom i have never met
works at the grove park inn and tol her obama
was bored while in asheville and he also told his
friend he had to be here this weekend to meet
with billy graham and that he could not wait
to go to australia and indonesia. He does not
like asheville! Ofcourse maybe she's a liar
and fibbing people do fib.
Durrr

Candler, NC

#10 Jun 26, 2010
Durrr wrote:
<quoted text>
And I bet he can goddam spell "they're", teabagging Palin lover.
Now thats not very nice of me to say that. Now I would like to teabag Palin but thats for another forum. Asheville does suck. Heritage lost by people moving here.
Durrr

Candler, NC

#11 Jun 26, 2010
Sweet Girl wrote:
Why does Obama love Asheville then? He has traveled everywhere!
By the way 4,000, 5,000 mountains are not hills!
Try climbing them!
Mount mitchell is 6,700 feet not that far
from Asheville.
Because people worship the ground he walks on here. Clueless drones and thats the way crack user Barrack wants it.
Asheville native

Camp Lejeune, NC

#14 Jul 8, 2010
Some of mine and I'm a native:

Snobs that come in all forms. Whether they work or not. Even many of the unemployed are snobs here.

Taxes and how the money is spent. The art scene and the people the leech off of government to pay for it. Tax money that should go towards necessary things like say roads, sidewalks, paying the police should always take priority over things that aren't. Many in the APD are suffering from low morale due to their low pay and it's not good for anyone. Prioritize the taxes revenue and payouts.

The dating scene. It sucks. I'm a heterosexual middle aged male that can't meet women in this town that are actually nice and not looking for casual flings or friends. Nor are there many things to do if you're not into the bar scene. So where do all the single women hang out that's actually conducive to meeting and dating?

Traffic. The roads are Ill equipped and the timing of many traffic lights are horrible creating gridlock. Add jaywalkers into the fray as well. They literally pop out of no where and don't seem to be in any hurry to cross the street.

Renters. They don't care about their neighbors nor do they take care of their places in many cases. I went through this first hand and while many renters are good, some like to light fireworks til 1 in the morning.

Overpriced cuisine and the number of restaurants. Too expensive and way too many of them. Doesn't the place have anything else to offer besides food? Gee, I know let's all open up another. Now that's an original idea.

The drug culture and the amount of crime that goes unreported here. Many would be surprised at just how seedy the area is and what goes on and how it never gets out. Can't scare the tourist away.

The cliquish nature of the town and how if one doesn't go along with it, they are automatically cast out. There is no differing view points unless someone is secretive about them.

The job industry is geared towards temporary employment and younger employees who'll work for low pay. And the job marked is mainly serviced based as well. Don't plan on finding a job here that pays a living wage anytime soon.

Those are just some of my peeves.
Shadrach

Candler, NC

#15 Jul 9, 2010
Asheville native wrote:
Snobs that come in all forms. Whether they work or not. Even many of the unemployed are snobs here.
Taxes and how the money is spent. The art scene and the people the leech off of government to pay for it. Tax money that should go towards necessary things like say roads, sidewalks, paying the police should always take priority over things that aren't. Many in the APD are suffering from low morale due to their low pay and it's not good for anyone. Prioritize the taxes revenue and payouts.
The dating scene. It sucks. I'm a heterosexual middle aged male that can't meet women in this town that are actually nice and not looking for casual flings or friends. Nor are there many things to do if you're not into the bar scene. So where do all the single women hang out that's actually conducive to meeting and dating?
Traffic. The roads are Ill equipped and the timing of many traffic lights are horrible creating gridlock. Add jaywalkers into the fray as well. They literally pop out of no where and don't seem to be in any hurry to cross the street.
Renters. They don't care about their neighbors nor do they take care of their places in many cases. I went through this first hand and while many renters are good, some like to light fireworks til 1 in the morning.
Overpriced cuisine and the number of restaurants. Too expensive and way too many of them. Doesn't the place have anything else to offer besides food? Gee, I know let's all open up another. Now that's an original idea.
The drug culture and the amount of crime that goes unreported here. Many would be surprised at just how seedy the area is and what goes on and how it never gets out. Can't scare the tourist away.
The cliquish nature of the town and how if one doesn't go along with it, they are automatically cast out. There is no differing view points unless someone is secretive about them.
The job industry is geared towards temporary employment and younger employees who'll work for low pay. And the job marked is mainly serviced based as well. Don't plan on finding a job here that pays a living wage anytime soon.
As an Asheville area native, I agree. In addition, I hate the way people move here and want to change everything to the "way it was" where they used to live.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 9, 2010
I think Asheville is great - especially in the Fall. The golf courses are fantastic!

How can you not like it?

“Obama = One & Done”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 9, 2010
How can Ghost Dog & Buncy be lelt off?
The Factster

Asheville, NC

#18 Jul 10, 2010
Tabitha wrote:
1. Overrated scenery. Anyone who has traveled
out west and in canada think of asheville
the gems they have.
in biltmore village.
i love him.
1. Have you traveled across the rest of the US east of the Rocky Mtns? Obviously not if you think the scenery is "overrated."
2. Overrated architecture? Compared to what? Again, have you ever been anywhere else?
3. Again, have you ever traveled anywhere else in the US? Hello?
4. LOL. People here sold them the land and usually helped them develop the property!
5. See #3.
6. So you prefer your food processed and imported, eh?
7. See #5.
8. It's expensive to live here because of Billy Graham? Wow. Put down the crack pipe.
9. Are they making life hard on you? Don't worry, you're still in the majority.
10. They charge what the market can bear. Duh.
The Factster

Asheville, NC

#19 Jul 10, 2010
Asheville native wrote:
How much tax money goes to support the arts? How does it compare to other cities and counties?

Your dating problems are going to be the same in any city this size or smaller. Sorry. Do you still have your hair?

Gridlock on the roads? Come on. Ever been to a large city?

Too many restaurants? You can't ever have too many restaurants. That's absurd. The market dictates the number of restaurants, sport. What do you want, a government buyout to shut some down?

The amount of crime that goes unreported here? If it goes unreported, how do YOU know it exists? What are you, a pyschic?

“My possum won a prize.”

Since: Jun 10

Candler

#20 Jul 10, 2010
Asheville native wrote:
I will give you a date. I'm not snobby.. hell bells I'll cook you some gravy biscuits and stay sober but most of my men seem to need a drink before they climb on "big mama" ....sounds like you don't work much so you can nail up some sheet rock for me too.
Sabrina

United States

#21 Jul 10, 2010
Maine has more beautiful scenery than Asheville
for the person who wrote if i have seen the east coast. Lots of towns in new england are more
beautiful. Asheville needs to lower its prices.
The tiger woods golf course is not going to
happen so Asheville will not get the celebrities
coming. Prices started soaring when he was
going to design the golf course here.
Sharron Angle

Asheville, NC

#22 Jul 10, 2010
Sabrina wrote:
Maine has more beautiful scenery than Asheville
for the person who wrote if i have seen the east coast. Lots of towns in new england are more
beautiful. Asheville needs to lower its prices.
The tiger woods golf course is not going to
happen so Asheville will not get the celebrities
coming. Prices started soaring when he was
going to design the golf course here.
Tiger Woods and golf courses? Did you just move here? The worst thing about Asheville is the fluoridated water. You're a prime example of it's negative effect on intelligence and reasoning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skyland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POLITICALLY CORRECT LEFTWING HATEMONGER Goes B... 1 hr Slutyum 1
Should Welfare recipients face mandatory steril... (Jun '12) 3 hr yeap 77
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Jesus Is The Reason f... 14 hr ApePeeD 2
Increased Volume On Asheville Area Roadways 15 hr Happy Birthday JESUS 6
Top 10 Reasons Chicago Sucks (Jul '13) 15 hr Happy Birthday JESUS 62
When your HOA is trying too hard 15 hr Happy Birthday JESUS 21
difference between a liberal and a conservative (Oct '09) 16 hr Happy Birthday JESUS 11
Skyland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Skyland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Skyland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Skyland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:08 am PST