Plan B prices slashed today

Plan B prices slashed today

There are 66 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Plan B prices slashed today. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Plan B, the emergency contraception for use after an unprotected sexual encounter, is available today at a substantial discount from Planned Parenthood of Asheville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
earthtrekker

East Berlin, CT

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Planned Parenthood kills pre-born children.

Plan B can cause abortion and this is illegal in NC unless done by an MD in a certified "clinic" or hospital. But PP across NC has abortion sites that are connected to the Asheville PP.

We should wonder if PP will use the fire as an "excuse" to open up a new abortion site in Asheville.

Anybody like to picket PP?

This thing in the ACT sounds like a commercial, a free one, rather than a commentary.
earthtrekker

East Berlin, CT

#2 Mar 25, 2008
OH! It's NOT a commentary, but an objective News Story. EYE see.

“Never believe generalizations”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 25, 2008
It's good to know that when "Plan A", abstinence or a broken or slipped condom doesn't work, that you can drop back to "Plan B." It's a woman's choice. Thank you God for science.
Skedge

United States

#4 Mar 25, 2008
When I saw that there was a post to this story I just knew it would be from some wacko. If you don't believe in abortion then I would suggest you don't have one.
Cecil Bothwell

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Mar 25, 2008
Someone has been posting on Topix, using my name.

1. Please disregard all further posts using my name.
2. Please join me in demanding that the Asheville Citizen-Times institute an identification system to prevent fraudulent posts.
earthtrekker

East Berlin, CT

#6 Mar 25, 2008
Skedge wrote:
When I saw that there was a post to this story I just knew it would be from some wacko. If you don't believe in abortion then I would suggest you don't have one.
If you don't believe in slavery, don't have one. If you don't believe in polluting the environment, don't have one. If you don't believe in murder, don't have one. If you don't believe in war, don't have one. If you don't believe in robbery, don't have one. If you don't believe in Holocaust, don't have one. Etc...

Your argument/slogan is Wacko.
earthtrekker

East Berlin, CT

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Cecil Bothwell wrote:
Someone has been posting on Topix, using my name.
1. Please disregard all further posts using my name.
2. Please join me in demanding that the Asheville Citizen-Times institute an identification system to prevent fraudulent posts.
How do we know that the real CB wrote the above?
1911-govt

Elm City, NC

#8 Mar 25, 2008
earthtrekker wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know that the real CB wrote the above?
It doesn't sound like CB, as its not some anti-American drivel ---- which is usually what his post is about.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 25, 2008
earthtrekker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in slavery, don't have one. If you don't believe in polluting the environment, don't have one. If you don't believe in murder, don't have one. If you don't believe in war, don't have one. If you don't believe in robbery, don't have one. If you don't believe in Holocaust, don't have one. Etc...
You are the Master of non sequiturs.
Does anything other than abortion get you aroused?
talathiel

Raleigh, NC

#10 Mar 25, 2008
okay....here we go again. First of all, Plan B is NOT abortion.It prevents abortions by preventing the conception, which actually takes several days (there IS NO "moment of conception", it's a process), from being completed.
It's an emergency measure. It would be great if every relationship (and that includes legal marriages!) were one in which a woman was able to say no and make it stick. That is not always the case. Cultural and other factors often mean women have sex when they didn't plan it and often when they didn't want it. That does'nt mean they should get stuck for the next 18 years as well.
Yes, condoms break. In an ideal situation, every female past puberty would be on not one, but two forms of birth control, just in case. Our society is not there yet. Until we are, there will always be a need for a plan b.
Black Eagle

Great Falls, MT

#11 Mar 25, 2008
Have you ever sat and thought that maybe you will be the one that burns in the end. Hypocrite. And as usual another person from FLA sticking their nose in WNCs business.
earthtrekker wrote:
Plan B can cause abortion and this is illegal in NC unless done by an MD in a certified "clinic" or hospital. But PP across NC has abortion sites that are connected to the Asheville PP.
We should wonder if PP will use the fire as an "excuse" to open up a new abortion site in Asheville.
This thing in the ACT sounds like a commercial, a free one, rather than a commentary.

Pittsburgh

#12 Mar 25, 2008
earthtrekker wrote:

You narrow minded, uneducated moron. Learn what plan B is before you speak. There is no abortion. It prevents conception. Plain and simple.
It's people like you that are the problem. No one is making you take it and I hope you never need it.
Last Buffalo

Denver, NC

#13 Mar 25, 2008
Wow, I've used a lot of Plan B's in my life, but I didn't know there was a Plan B for birth control..just glad I'm too old to worry about it.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 25, 2008
highdiver wrote:
<quoted text>You narrow minded, uneducated moron. Learn what plan B is before you speak. There is no abortion. It prevents conception. Plain and simple.
It's people like you that are the problem. No one is making you take it and I hope you never need it.
EarthTruckers' life is uni-modal. He/She is ever vigilant in discovering topics that involve abortion and then repeatedly posting the same drivel.

The "Family Values" Republicans suckered many people. It's time for a return to true conservatism without the religious pretense.
What

Maxton, NC

#15 Mar 25, 2008
How can someone have sex when they don't intend to?
Why

Maxton, NC

#16 Mar 25, 2008
Just don't have sex, then you won't have to worry about contraceptives, pregnancy, disease etc,
Mountain Girl

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Mar 25, 2008
What wrote:
How can someone have sex when they don't intend to?
There are several situations I can think when this could occur.

1. Rape
2. Being under the influence and letting your inhibitions down.(I'm not saying this is smart but it happens pretty often)
Mountain Girl

Lincolnton, NC

#18 Mar 25, 2008
Why wrote:
Just don't have sex, then you won't have to worry about contraceptives, pregnancy, disease etc,
Abstinence is very unrealistic for most people. Abstinence only education in schools has done nothing to make the pregnancy rate go down in this country because it is unrealistic. People are going to have sex and it is better to be safe and realistic about it rather than have children born to unprepared parents.

Since: Oct 07

Candler, NC

#21 Mar 25, 2008
Why wrote:
Mind your own buisness, if your not God or involved.
All Smiles

Knoxville, TN

#22 Mar 25, 2008
I think Plan B is a good option for women. It prevents a lot of unplanned pregnancies as well as abortions. However, if women do not wish to become pregnant, they should demand that the man wear a condom and the woman should be proactive as well by being on birth control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skyland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr ChromiuMan 161,443
Coming to AVL - City Council Elections by District 23 hr Her Ladyship the ... 3
cult in asheville and missing persons (Jan '11) Thu Cynthia 63
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha Thu Cynthia 74
Top 10 reasons why Asheville sucks (Jun '10) Wed The Normal One 305
Emily Pike-Russell Wed Davedoe 1
Moral Turpitude - Another of Our Wonderful Serv... May 23 Msg from Sherwood... 4

Skyland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skyland Mortgages