Hammer used to kill Sultan man

Jul 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald

David Grimm was asleep when he was attacked with a claw hammer. Now, Snohomish County prosecutors say his ex-girlfriend Debra Canady and her new boyfriend, Brent Starr, orchestrated the vicious attack not only ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 139 Comments Last updated May 4, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
jayrock

Bainbridge Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Judged:

I think he was set up, by his bitch
turk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Are they now going to impose a mandatory background check and 7 day waiting period before someone can purchase a claw hammer? What about a ball-peen hammer?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Judged:

turk wrote:
Are they now going to impose a mandatory background check and 7 day waiting period before someone can purchase a claw hammer? What about a ball-peen hammer?
Well, I dunno. I just dunno.

Ball-peen hammers are deadly enough. But, dangitall, what about them thar SLEDGE HAMMERS?

My goodness man! Can you imagine someone walking around with one of THOSE, slung over his shoulder, in BROAD DAYLIGHT?!!!!

THE HORROR!!

THE ABSOLUTE, TOTAL HORROR!!!!

My GAWD! WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO?!!!
Patti

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

I am sorry you all find this so funny, for those who knew David it is an unbelievable nightmare!
turk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

I don't find murder one bit funny. I do question the relevance of making such a big deal of the murder weapon. It doesn't matter if a pistol, rifle, kitchen knife or bare hands killed this man, he is still dead.

I made the comment about purchasing hammers because it is the exact same argument used in purchasing firearms. While I will agree that the primary purpose of firearms is to kill living things no sane person purchases a firearm with the intent of harming another human. Neither does a sane person use a hammer, whatever the type or style, for the purpose of killing another human.

A murderer will use whatever weapon they can for their foul deed. My point is that almost anything can be used as a murder weapon yet firearms are singled out as needing a background check and waiting period for purchase.
A friend of David

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

David did not deserve this - Debra deserves the worst possible punishment. The more we hear about the tragic end to David's life, the more upset I get - the visciousness of Debbie and Brent makes me sick!
a friend of debbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Judged:

A friend of David wrote:
David did not deserve this - Debra deserves the worst possible punishment. The more we hear about the tragic end to David's life, the more upset I get - the visciousness of Debbie and Brent makes me sick!
debbie did NOT do this. there is absolutly no way. you dont know all the facts so you have no place to judge
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

I know more than enough about what went on at her place and trust me she is more than capable. Have you even read the text messages? She showed no remorse according to officials on the scene until it became evident to her that she might get in trouble herself. She is and continues to be a manipulative person. She could make anyone do anything for her and has!
Monroe

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

My condolonces to the victim's families, what a horrible thing to have happen.

This is not the Brent that I knew, and although it doesn't justify the crime, I can't help but wonder what else was involved (drugs, etc).

What a horrible waste though, he had a young daughter. His mother must be just devastated, my heart goes out to her too, she doesn't deserve this either.
Monroe

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

While Debbie may have not done the deed, so to speak, she was more than involved in the planning and coverup. She was certainly an accessory to the fact. The text messages speak volumes.

What the hell is wrong with people these days??!
sultan resident

Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Judged:

I hope and can't wait for Debra to be sentenced. She makes me sick. What woman would give head to a horse? She is sick in her head. For anyone who sais she didn't do it, I can't wait to hear what you have to say after she pleads guilty. She is a trashy woman who loved to do multiple men and animals. YUCK!!!
Malaya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

A friend of David wrote:
YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT REALLY KNOW DAVID OR THE SICK AND TWISTED SHIT HE WAS IN TO AND IF U KNEW THE WRONGFULLY ACCUSED AT ALL THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THEY ARE U WOULD KNOW THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. MY MOTHER IS THE ONLY PERSON ON THIS EARTH THAT GAVE TWO SHITS ABOUT DAVID EVEN HIS OWN FAMILY STOPPED TALKING TO HIM SO GO TO HELL.
Malaya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
I know more than enough about what went on at her place and trust me she is more than capable. Have you even read the text messages? She showed no remorse according to officials on the scene until it became evident to her that she might get in trouble herself. She is and continues to be a manipulative person. She could make anyone do anything for her and has!
Obviously you know nothing or what goes on at my house. Your obvously a coward for not posting your name. Were u there the day she found her ex dead in her bed? at the house when she made the 911 call. I saw my mom that day and she was devasted and in tears and has been ever since. just because she doesnt cry in public for all of u uncaring and unkind stereotyping asses so see doesnt mean my mom hasn't been devasted. so go to hell with ur comment. You dont know what went on or goes on at our home and youn dont know my family. but what i do know of u is that ur a coward. who are you to judge anyone??? YOUR NOBODY
Malaya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

sultan resident wrote:
I hope and can't wait for Debra to be sentenced. She makes me sick. What woman would give head to a horse? She is sick in her head. For anyone who sais she didn't do it, I can't wait to hear what you have to say after she pleads guilty. She is a trashy woman who loved to do multiple men and animals. YUCK!!!
You must know more than the police cause no horses were involved. so please if you have info please shed it cause thats a new one. AND DAVID WAS THE ONE INTO BEASTIALITY AND I HAVE SEE VIDEO OF HIM AND ONLY HIM WITH HIS DOG. F*** ALL OF YOU. PUTTING IN YOUR TWO CENTS WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING.
scott anderson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

i personaly sold meth to all partys involved , in large amonts have you... so what ... it happened
Chrissy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

a friend of debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
debbie did NOT do this. there is absolutly no way. you dont know all the facts so you have no place to judge
We have every reason to judge. Maybe David wasn't perfect, but he was a good friend who does not to deserve to be dead. I hope Debby and Brent are charged with the highest possible charge and NEVER get out. This was wrong, and I blame Debby more then Brent. She was so perswaysive. It's her fault he's gone and I'll never forgive her as long as I live.
Chrissy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Malaya wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know more than the police cause no horses were involved. so please if you have info please shed it cause thats a new one. AND DAVID WAS THE ONE INTO BEASTIALITY AND I HAVE SEE VIDEO OF HIM AND ONLY HIM WITH HIS DOG. F*** ALL OF YOU. PUTTING IN YOUR TWO CENTS WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING.
You are such a bitch. I LOVED Daivd and knew him pretty damn well. You have NO room to be judging ANYONE. When you clean up your own act, then you can open your mouth about other people. Your mom is the guiltiest of all, and if she could be sent to old sparky I'd personally make it happen.
Chrissy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

scott anderson wrote:
i personaly sold meth to all partys involved , in large amonts have you... so what ... it happened
What does this have to do with anything?
Chrissy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I love David Grimm. He may not have been perfect, but no one deserves this. Debby's a coward for bringing someone else to her dirty work and Brent's a coward for waiting for David to be asleep. If he was a real man he would've fought david when David had a chance. Although, if I was Brent I'd chicken out to, he's a punk and David would've wasted him. Personaly I can't wait for their next trial. I'm going with two friends and we're wearing shirts with David's picture on them. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean other people don't. It's been two months to the day since he left this earth, I think of him every day. He is in my heart forever. I know your supposed to forgive people, but I'll NEVER forgive Debby for this. I hope she rots in jail until she dies.
scott anderson

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

ok well i want them to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Skykomish Discussions

Search the Skykomish Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Kenagy leaves for the Navy Jul 10 Carol hising 1
Sheriff: Woman stabs neighbor in stomach during... Jul 10 Neighbor 1
Falling in Love with Alianza Del Pacifico; The ... Jul '14 Cali 1
420 Jun '14 put email 1
420 Jun '14 fourtwentie 1
Review: Lake Bronson Club Family Nudist Park Jun '14 Nudistfriendfinder 2
•••
•••

Skykomish News Video

•••
•••

Skykomish Jobs