Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5716 Jan 30, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
batten down the hatches, Paint. Those winds are strong.
We're getting colder weather, aka freezing rain, now and snow up to two inches tomorrow I've heard tell.
Night CD and gang. pleasant dreams. Remember every post you post is a reflection of you.
This was what I focused on today after reading Baptist Bread. "He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit." Proverbs 17:27
.Some things alone life's journey noted-Silence is never misquoted.

.Sealed lips are never accused-By hasty words that hurt and abuse

.Let it be said and let it show-That angry words, you will not bestow.

.Keep your mouth closed, let them think what they will. Don't be provoked, leave your tongue ever still.

.The tongue is hot and fiery red, An unruly member, trouble to spread.

.In a pool of water, behind ivory bars, It is a world of iniquity-with ugly scars.

.When your temper is hot and your wagon loaded,Just try to remember, silence is never misquoted.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." Proverbs 17:28

Lord, thank you for your words of wisdom and may you help us as we go throughout our days and nights. I praise you God for answering prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#5717 Jan 30, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>We are getting a lot of rain, but one of my nephews and sister are having more problems. My nephew lost a part of his roof from the high winds and my sister is dealing with high water/flooding. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind thoughts for today.
Our Prayers go out to you and your siblings to be safe through the storms!!!

Peace

Location hidden

#5718 Jan 30, 2013
Good night everyone.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#5719 Jan 31, 2013
Good Morning everyone. Hope you all are well this morning.

Anderson, IN

#5720 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning guys!!!

Hope you have a great day, hope you all dodge storm damages and hope you smile a lot.

Location hidden

#5721 Jan 31, 2013
Hi folks. Just had a few minutes before I leave for today. I have water, snow, more water and more snow. Hopefully, the roads have been treated and I can float and slide to get to my destination. Thinking about each of you and hope that each of you have a lot of smiles in your day. Happy Thursday!:)

Location hidden

#5722 Jan 31, 2013

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#5723 Jan 31, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
Hi folks. Just had a few minutes before I leave for today. I have water, snow, more water and more snow. Hopefully, the roads have been treated and I can float and slide to get to my destination. Thinking about each of you and hope that each of you have a lot of smiles in your day. Happy Thursday!:)
Have a good day, CD....and be careful out there.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#5724 Jan 31, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
Good morning guys!!!
Hope you have a great day, hope you all dodge storm damages and hope you smile a lot.
No smile here. It turned cold last night. It was 29 when I got up this morning!

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#5725 Jan 31, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
Have a safe trip.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#5726 Jan 31, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
Be careful and be safe out on the road today......"Lady of the Highway, please guide and watch over COOTERDOG to and from her destination":-)

Peace!!

“Tears of a Clown”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5727 Jan 31, 2013
I understand about CD, lot of hazarous spots scattered all over Southern WV and SW Virginia.

“Tears of a Clown”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5728 Jan 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
No smile here. It turned cold last night. It was 29 when I got up this morning!
We were slightly warmer.

I laughed one time a few years ago during Winter a trucker came through Va near Wytheville and told me he could not wait to get back to Buffalo because it was too cold in Va.

One time it was 60 here and 20 in Shreveport, La remember seeing that as well, Winter is very mild and warmer there in particular.

Weather can be very weird sometimes

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#5729 Jan 31, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
We were slightly warmer.
I laughed one time a few years ago during Winter a trucker came through Va near Wytheville and told me he could not wait to get back to Buffalo because it was too cold in Va.
One time it was 60 here and 20 in Shreveport, La remember seeing that as well, Winter is very mild and warmer there in particular.
Weather can be very weird sometimes
I always check the weather here in Texas vs. the weather where I used to live in Michigan. I'm amazed at how often temps are so close. A couple of times this past summer when it was so hot down here, Detroit was amazingly close in temperature--within a few degrees. A few weeks ago when we had a cold snap here though, our overnight lows were higher than their day time highs....LOL.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#5730 Jan 31, 2013
Morning friends,
Hope all are safe and dry:-)

Since: Sep 12

My Town, USA

#5731 Jan 31, 2013
Yesterday it was 70 today it is snowing! I think Spring can't come soon enough.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm on this blustery day! I know I'm getting back on the sofa under my quilt.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#5732 Jan 31, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
Yesterday it was 70 today it is snowing! I think Spring can't come soon enough.
Hope everyone stays safe and warm on this blustery day! I know I'm getting back on the sofa under my quilt.
Remember to say warm and keeps things circulating:-)

Hugs!

Location hidden

#5733 Jan 31, 2013
Well I went through my day just half reading a scripture I had been focusing on and I needed to come back and read it in full. The story is "Oh, To Be Like Thee?" While reading this story and scripture it reminded me of the children that would just say things in the classroom...basically whatever was on their minds at the time... It also brought back memories of the several missionaries I've meet in my life. The scripture was "...Yea: have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou has perfected praise? Matthew 21:16b The story that was attached to this scripture was about a missionary and his family fleeing for their lives in the Boxer Rebellion in China (1898-1900)and the family had to sleep on a stone floor of an open Chinese theater and back then it was customary sleeping arrangements for outcasts, beggars, etc... While cold and hungry a little boy in this family began talking to his dad and he said; "I think Jesus must have slept in a place like this when He had no where to lay His head. Then we ought to be glad that we are like Jesus, outghn't we?" Out of the mouths of babes and it's just like children we often get 'put in our place' and learn life lessons worth noting. This story reminds me of Kids Say the Darndest Things by Art Linkletter. So many people are put in our lives for so many reasons. I suppose thinking about striving to be more like our Savior and have the sincere, honest heart of an innocent child is something worthwhile to ponder. Lord, thank your for your word today. In Jesus Name, Amen

Location hidden

#5734 Jan 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day, CD....and be careful out there.
I've been through four seasons in one day. I've got one more trip tomorrow then a quiet weekend. Thank you for thinking about me today.

Location hidden

#5735 Jan 31, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a safe trip.
Thank you, SW. I got home and in a plastic container the twins mom had made me a beautiful, crocheted vest. It is too pretty to wear. I hope this post finds you having a fun evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skygusty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 4 min hadleft 12,022
3 word story (Jul '11) 24 min Misty Fitch 1,000
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 27 min Misty Fitch 1,818
Things that don't make sense (Oct '07) 36 min hadleft 230
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 40 min Nikki1999 58,860
what is the usefulness of topix 5 hr Weepy 13,367
Nursing home 5 hr COOTERDOG 11

Skygusty Jobs

Skygusty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Skygusty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Skygusty

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]