Should Parents spy on their kids?
Andy

United States

#299 Jan 28, 2013
I trust mine l know how they were raised

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#300 Jan 28, 2013
LOL... Got to love how evil this generation wants to demonize things. Last I heard it wasnt called spying, its called parenting.

Maybe it is just me but it seems like kids did not have near the same amount of problems in the days when parents were allowed to be parents, and not have kids try to turn them into criminals just because they didnt want to be punished... "cause its not faaaaaaaaair"
SpellCheck

Kuwait, Kuwait

#301 Jan 29, 2013
and what if the kids spy on the parents?
urmom

United States

#302 Jan 29, 2013
VirVoX Populi wrote:
LOL... Got to love how evil this generation wants to demonize things. Last I heard it wasnt called spying, its called parenting.
Maybe it is just me but it seems like kids did not have near the same amount of problems in the days when parents were allowed to be parents, and not have kids try to turn them into criminals just because they didnt want to be punished... "cause its not faaaaaaaaair"
You think you know it all. Blah blah blah. Poor ole pitiful you. Lmao I see you in mommy's basement. Get out and get a job.
will

United States

#303 Jan 29, 2013
urmom wrote:
<quoted text>You think you know it all. Blah blah blah. Poor ole pitiful you. Lmao I see you in mommy's basement. Get out and get a job.
Hope to God you don't have kids! When you get off the drugs maybe you will understand what it takes to be a parent. Your making a fool out of yourself!
ruth

Alexandria, VA

#304 Jan 29, 2013
Yes I still do and my oldest son Austin is 20 and I wouldn't care if he's 50 if I'm still alive by then I'm 44 and I spy on him if u don't spy on ur children then thay grow up and make many mistakes if ur a mother and u don't do this how are u going to know if thay are not in trouble if u just let them run wild as mothers that's our job to spy on them not to be mean but because we love them and care thay are a lot of peer pressure on them to try this to try that to do this or not to do this so for that reason do u want ur child to grow up and not end up in prison or dead I know I don't so for this reason its not call spying its called loving ur child and watching over them for this reason I still watch over Austin Cos without him my life would be empty so think about the word spying its not called that its called being a good parent and loving ur child no matter what age thay are
sotrue!

United States

#305 Jan 29, 2013
ruth wrote:
Yes I still do and my oldest son Austin is 20 and I wouldn't care if he's 50 if I'm still alive by then I'm 44 and I spy on him if u don't spy on ur children then thay grow up and make many mistakes if ur a mother and u don't do this how are u going to know if thay are not in trouble if u just let them run wild as mothers that's our job to spy on them not to be mean but because we love them and care thay are a lot of peer pressure on them to try this to try that to do this or not to do this so for that reason do u want ur child to grow up and not end up in prison or dead I know I don't so for this reason its not call spying its called loving ur child and watching over them for this reason I still watch over Austin Cos without him my life would be empty so think about the word spying its not called that its called being a good parent and loving ur child no matter what age thay are
That's what I'm talking about! Your a great mother in my book. It's so good to read something that's worth reading about! we could get out of this epidemic problem if only we had more mothers like you!

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#306 Jan 29, 2013
My mother had a way of not having to snoop. I would come home, walk in the door, and there would be my mom standing with her arms folded, her face pissed looking, and asking, "Is there something you would like to explain to me young lady?!?"

I would immediately know that I had been busted and would start explaining.

It wasn't until I had children of my own that my mother told me that she only did that when I had been good for too long and she knew it but couldn't catch it. So she would trick me into "outing myself".

I hated it then but my children are baffled as to how I seem to know everything. But then doesn't mom always know?!?
well

United States

#307 Jan 29, 2013
All you need to do is look at whats on their cell phones.....enough to give you a stroke and hang them.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#308 Jan 30, 2013
I will spy on mine till Doomsday. And,they know I will too. I do is what I should say.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#309 Jan 30, 2013
ruth wrote:
Yes I still do and my oldest son Austin is 20 and I wouldn't care if he's 50 if I'm still alive by then I'm 44 and I spy on him if u don't spy on ur children then thay grow up and make many mistakes if ur a mother and u don't do this how are u going to know if thay are not in trouble if u just let them run wild as mothers that's our job to spy on them not to be mean but because we love them and care thay are a lot of peer pressure on them to try this to try that to do this or not to do this so for that reason do u want ur child to grow up and not end up in prison or dead I know I don't so for this reason its not call spying its called loving ur child and watching over them for this reason I still watch over Austin Cos without him my life would be empty so think about the word spying its not called that its called being a good parent and loving ur child no matter what age thay are
Amen!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#310 Jan 30, 2013
Proverbs 22:6
good luck

United States

#311 Jan 31, 2013
I hate my mom! She is the meanest women in the world!!! In my 40 years that I have known her, not ONE time did she snoop! I would give my life to have had a good mom!!!!
Mom

United States

#312 Jan 31, 2013
good luck wrote:
I hate my mom! She is the meanest women in the world!!! In my 40 years that I have known her, not ONE time did she snoop! I would give my life to have had a good mom!!!!
I really hope this is not true. My mother was not a good role model for me. And there are things I still struggle with due to that. Find a way to let go of the hate. I know it's hard to do. But once you forgive. The healing process begins.
thestepmom

Proctorville, OH

#313 Jan 31, 2013
well I think you should no what your kids are into, yea alot of parents put their kids in sports or some kind of activity to keep them busy,to stay outta trouble. thats all fine but where is the parent most times, at home, grocery shopping or whatever, dont just drop your kid off and be on your way, the kid may be at practice but what are they really doing that you dont know, I no alot of kids do sports they go alot of places they meet alot of OLDER guys/girls at the "ballfield" or whereever, I no this becasuse my boyfriends daughter does she is 15, she passes out her phone number to people that she meets to later send nasty pics of herself to these boys, oh yea by me having 2 kids of my own I knew what they was doing, where they was and who their friends was, Im not saying you should snoop all the time but you should from time to time when they are at least expecting it
Lolreally

Alexandria, VA

#314 Feb 14, 2013
If you snoop on your child it tells me one of two things... 1. You are a fucking psychotic parent whom no one likes, or 2. Your kid is gonna grow up and be some massive walking vagina. I'm 19 and my parents gave me all the privacy i wanted. They know I drank and went to some parties, but that didn't ruin me. I am probably more intelligent and socially accepted than your shitty kid.
ssi

Chillicothe, OH

#315 Feb 14, 2013
parents are responsible for there children. so yes, i think they have the right.
really

Proctorville, OH

#316 Feb 14, 2013
Lolreally wrote:
If you snoop on your child it tells me one of two things... 1. You are a fucking psychotic parent whom no one likes, or 2. Your kid is gonna grow up and be some massive walking vagina. I'm 19 and my parents gave me all the privacy i wanted. They know I drank and went to some parties, but that didn't ruin me. I am probably more intelligent and socially accepted than your shitty kid.
well just let me say who are you to judge my child? if this is referring to the above post, my daughter is not a mwv as you say what I did with my kids hurt nothing, they respect me today same as they always have, yea my daughter is 19 as well she is gratuated from high school rasing a 5 year old, going to ITT for nursing and is working a part time job.. dont tell me my child is shitty sounds like your the shitty kid...
proud buckeye

Chillicothe, OH

#317 Feb 14, 2013
Lolreally wrote:
If you snoop on your child it tells me one of two things... 1. You are a fucking psychotic parent whom no one likes, or 2. Your kid is gonna grow up and be some massive walking vagina. I'm 19 and my parents gave me all the privacy i wanted. They know I drank and went to some parties, but that didn't ruin me. I am probably more intelligent and socially accepted than your shitty kid.
yea you sound like it, it shows in your comments and the choice of words you use of what kind of up bringing you had. it shows that you raised yourself. they might of provided for you at best. and you know it's just punk kids as yourself that don't like good people that care about what there kids are doing and try to steer them in the right direction and not make the same awful mistakes as they did. how dare they want good for there kids.maybe your right its a sad place when a person brings a person into this world and then want to help them. when you get a little older maybe you will see that actually you know nothing about life or people. i don't dislike you i know you can't help it it WAS the way you was raised but all the same i will pray for you.
sotrue!

United States

#318 Feb 15, 2013
proud buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>yea you sound like it, it shows in your comments and the choice of words you use of what kind of up bringing you had. it shows that you raised yourself. they might of provided for you at best. and you know it's just punk kids as yourself that don't like good people that care about what there kids are doing and try to steer them in the right direction and not make the same awful mistakes as they did. how dare they want good for there kids.maybe your right its a sad place when a person brings a person into this world and then want to help them. when you get a little older maybe you will see that actually you know nothing about life or people. i don't dislike you i know you can't help it it WAS the way you was raised but all the same i will pray for you.
My thoughts exactelly!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skygusty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 2 hr honeymylove 4,212
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 3 hr honeymylove 4,466
BOLD and TRYING (Mar '11) 4 hr Keep Smiling 3 12,668
Create your own Forum 5 hr Paul Masley 766
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 5 hr purplelady1040 30,879
Word assocation (Sep '07) 5 hr Trunketeer 16,672
Premier Park (Sep '10) Mon wondering 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skygusty Mortgages