mobile phone towers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
it is a shame

Princeton, WV

#1 Feb 19, 2013
What happened to the phone towers that was promised in mcdowell before the election by mcbride.I guess theyr'e like everything else, after the election is over they tend to forget.I bet they have never forgot to show up for a picture in the paper.Mcdowell will never have nothing because of our no good lying politicians. Come on people of mcdowell wake up and look around you and see what you have in mcdowell.Get on your phone and call the commissioners and ask questions.If you live on the roderfield side of premier you are a forgotten people all the way to panther .Read this and think about what i have written,thank you.
it makes me puke

Princeton, WV

#2 Feb 19, 2013
All these politicians are waiting on federal and state grant money so it can line their pockets. Read your newspapers and see how all these grant monies are being used by the folks in charge over it to treat themselves to fine dinners, parties, coffeeshops, etc. By the way, those two houses at Superior that were built by EDA or whatever, aren't those still empty too.
yes

Princeton, WV

#3 Feb 20, 2013
it makes me puke wrote:
All these politicians are waiting on federal and state grant money so it can line their pockets. Read your newspapers and see how all these grant monies are being used by the folks in charge over it to treat themselves to fine dinners, parties, coffeeshops, etc. By the way, those two houses at Superior that were built by EDA or whatever, aren't those still empty too.

yes they are. though i'm not sure why they were built, but they are STILL empty. what a shame. maybe they'll get people in them soon. and they've been saying for YEARS they'd put some mobile towers in here and that was way before mcbride. i really done think its up to him, its up to the companies to do this? i'm not sure but either way they've been promising them for years and not been put in so no surprise there.
it makes me puke

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Those houses were built so the politicians can pat themselves on the back and ask for more money from the state. All the dollars that have been spent on 'studies' for cell phone coverage should've been used to begin building towers. Things will never change because of greed.
Rino

Franklin, NC

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Call Penny at the EDA!! Wasn't the EDA form to help all people of McDowell and not just a FEW!
it is a shame

Princeton, WV

#6 Feb 20, 2013
If it wasn't mcbride's job why did he campaign on that promise. There you go ,nobody listening . No one in welch that any body voted for cares about any of us in mc'dowell co.when you pass them on the street ,look what big pockets they have. maybe they all could get us one tower anyway. Come on politicians fullfil your promise.

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#7 Feb 20, 2013
It was the Council of the Southern Mountains that had the houses built.... As for why no one lives in them yet, everyone else's guess is as good as mine...

As for the EDA, their only purpose is for Commerce mostly, giving small business grants to help those who want to start a business.... Which they also work with other County and State Agencies. From the County Commission to Board of Education to the state and many businesses and etc...
Now the Cell Phone Towers, it been promised for the past 10 or 15 maybe 20 years.... If anyone remember when Hootie Smith ran against Truman Chafin, he said the money was pocketed... Then McBride made the promise, but still no towers or Cell service in many parts of the county.. Even Clif Moore mad the promise, but well like many promises they fall empty upon the people of Southern WV...
it is a shame

Bluefield, WV

#8 Feb 22, 2013
I'm sure glad someone knows what theyr'e talking about.Mr.H has got his act together. As far as the politicians are concerned the blind leadeth the blind.Nothing will ever be done for mc'dowell co.the same old liars are put back in office everytime. Come on people of mc'dowell look around you and see what your vote has accomplished.
frank

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2013
also ray bailey promised it too???
1 post removed
resident

Bluefield, WV

#11 Feb 23, 2013
The house built at Superior was for "Show and Tell". Its a way to get the Council more money. IF you don't beleive it look at CASE in Mercer County. They build 7 homes on Rt. 20 upon a hill and for 7 years they have been empty but they contiune to get money to build more. The rules for CASE is you make 20,000.00 or less, good credit the bad news the banks and financial places say the house are valued at more, however, you don't make enough money to pay for them with the rest of your bills. So they stay EMPTY. Then the non profit get more money to built, the orgization spends the money on other things. Good for them, bad for people.
resident

Bluefield, WV

#12 Feb 23, 2013
As far as the cell phone towers. Their is money, people willing to get cell phone service and then the Commissioners. Before anything comes into this county they have to be promised alot and paid even more. If I could get service for cell phone or better yet a wind tower for power I would let them build one in my yard.
check it out

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Feb 23, 2013
it is a shame wrote:
What happened to the phone towers that was promised in mcdowell before the election by mcbride.I guess theyr'e like everything else, after the election is over they tend to forget.I bet they have never forgot to show up for a picture in the paper.Mcdowell will never have nothing because of our no good lying politicians. Come on people of mcdowell wake up and look around you and see what you have in mcdowell.Get on your phone and call the commissioners and ask questions.If you live on the roderfield side of premier you are a forgotten people all the way to panther .Read this and think about what i have written,thank you.
A T&T will not put the towers in the county. They say there is not enough people to make it profitable for them to come into the county. It has nothing to do iwith politicians. Check your facts before you run your mouth.
shabbyrun

Princeton, WV

#14 Feb 23, 2013
We were promise water and still have not got it.When u call about it get the same story waiting on a bid and construction will start in Sept,thats the same story they have told us for the last 3 yrs.
Watching

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 23, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>
A T&T will not put the towers in the county. They say there is not enough people to make it profitable for them to come into the county. It has nothing to do iwith politicians. Check your facts before you run your mouth.
More then likely their afraid to build the towers because the dope heads will steal the cables. Just my guess..It happens all the time...
1 post removed
it is a shame

Bluefield, WV

#17 Feb 24, 2013
I might run my mouth but i know what i'm talking about. Don't you think that mc'bride and bailey knew the phone co. wouldn't come in here.where were you on election day when all these promises were made.when negative comments are made against a comment yor'e either working for them or doing something else with them.
very true

Princeton, WV

#18 Feb 24, 2013
shabbyrun wrote:
We were promise water and still have not got it.When u call about it get the same story waiting on a bid and construction will start in Sept,thats the same story they have told us for the last 3 yrs.
very true! we paid our deposit 5 or 6 years ago (yes, still have the receipt incase its needed after ALL THIS TIME) and still havent seen this water. its always the same story from them every year.
Watching

Ridgeview, WV

#19 Feb 25, 2013
What post was removed? i missed it..
MOUSY

Bluefield, WV

#20 Feb 25, 2013
Rino wrote:
Call Penny at the EDA!! Wasn't the EDA form to help all people of McDowell and not just a FEW!
UH WASN'T PENNY FIRED?
Pam

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2013
No penny wasn't fired? Why should she be, she does a good job. If they are going to get rid of somebody it should be those two women who work in the commission bldg and do nothing.
Wilson

Troy, VA

#22 Feb 26, 2013
I see those mobile phone towers every day. They have that phone shoved in their ear while motoring down the hwy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skygusty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 27 min _Susan_ 33,024
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 36 min Izzy-_- 35,898
Word assocation (Sep '07) 19 hr luci 17,419
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 19 hr luci 5,666
Welch 21 hr Porch Honkey the ... 5
jesse east (Jun '12) Thu LIL OLE ME 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jun 21 n 1,336
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skygusty Mortgages