Halifax charge back, im really confused?

Posted in the Skipwith Forum

bakyrabaosraxico rum

Orlando, FL

#1 Nov 5, 2013
Halifax charge back, im really confused?about half a year ago, i ordered something from dutyfreedepot.com , it never arrived, i got no responses and after reading their terrible reviews, describing them as absolute con merchants i decided to do a charge back with my bank Halifax.

I didn't hear anything from either bank or company, and forgot about it. Now four months on, i get an email from dutyfree depot saying:
Dear Duncan Calvert,

We receive today an inquiry from the bank telling that you disputed an Internet transaction made through our Secure Payment Gateway.
Please understand that your full order has been sent and your bill needs to be settled immediately.

This order Nbr :145029 placed On 7/15/2010for the total of $55.98 was registered by us, and may be you did not notice that your Credit Card Bank report will mention other descriptor name and not Dutyfreedepot.com USD.
If you have disputed it by mistake and if you recognize this transaction, we thank you to cover this charge immediately to avoid additional fees

We Accept Electronic Checks,Regular Checks And ACH.
Amex,Diners And JCB Credit Cards.

Please call our toll free number +1-877-850-0707 to settle the payment of the order we already sent or you can just respond to this email with the information we need to cover the charge of your order.
If you are not the author of this debit, if you did not give your authorization or for any other reason (non delivery, double debit ), we need to be informed as well in order to identify the responsibilities and to take the legal appropriate action.

We thank you for your quick answer

I dont know what to do, is there a chance the package got stopped by customs or something??
Should i give in, and drop the charge for fear of additional fees and avoid a large fine or something, however out of principle o don't want to, but also don't want any hastle in terms of bank charging me money or anything?
any help is Hugely appreciated\!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skipwith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving Sep '14 puppylove 1
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) May '14 Booster 4
childeren programs in clarksville (Mar '14) Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Dec '13 Will 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) May '12 blah 136
Skipwith Dating
Find my Match

Skipwith Jobs