Southside Regional Jail

Southside Regional Jail

Posted in the Skippers Forum

Lady Jeek

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Most will agree; do the crime - do the time. Do you believe that NOT providing heat in jail is appropiate punishment? Did you know that SSRJ refuses to use disinfectants to clean with? And if I'm not mistaken Emporia has a high HIV population if that sort of information was made available. How about no hot meals for the inmates? One would think that even though inmates and or their families pay for everything provided in SSRJ the jail would have enough money to replace burnt out light bulbs? But No such luxery for these criminals!
unknown

Trenton, NJ

#2 Apr 4, 2008
Where u locked up there how do you know so much
tee

Paramus, NJ

#3 Sep 26, 2008
yes I was and Im not even from va but lived there for 4 yrs and it is the most nastiest jail I have ever seen and been in no Im not trouble and was in there for assulting a guy who was hitting and beating me up I will not let anyone put there hands on me so I fought back and was put in jail there the guards there dont do a damn thing but sit on there ass and the place is as dirty as a junk yard so yes I can speak that what they are saying is true
Freedom Ryders 09

Huntsville, AL

#4 Mar 11, 2009
I was born in raised in Emporia, VA, and this is very true and it is a shame that we have so many jails and prisons in such a small area. Interstate 95 & 58 is the gateway they have amp up the number of police and troopers and if you ride thru be careful cause they love to stop out of town visitors and guest. The HIV issue is a major problem and with the city and the people covering it up will not help...
EX-CON IN EMPORIA

Colonial Beach, VA

#5 Dec 21, 2009
I WAS THERE FOR 2 YEARS.......SHE IS RIGHT. NO DISINFECTANTS FOR THE TOILETS/SHOWERS/TABLES. I SAW LADIES WITH STAPYH INFECTIONS ON THEIR PRIVATES IN POPULATION!!!!!!!!! AIDS, POSITIVE TB TEST, YOU NAME I SAW IT WHILE I WAS THERE. IT WAS FILTHY. I GOT FED THE HELL UP AND CAUSED SO MUCH SHIT ON PURPOSE THEY HAD TO PUT ME IN (SP) LOCKDOWN.THERE I WAS ALONE AND NOT EXPOSED TO THAT SHIT ANY MORE.BY THE WAY , MY CHARGES WERE 3 DUI'S IN 5 YEARS...AND YES I WENT TO PRISON. WAS GLAD TO GET OUT OF SSRJ!!!!!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO REPORT THOSE FUCKERS, BUT IT'S PRIVATELY OWNED..SO WHAT TO DO??????????
Notsoquiet

Richmond, VA

#6 Sep 30, 2011
Yes, it is true about SSRJ, they voliate prisoners rights, some of the guards aren't worth anything they kiss but to the administration and the guards that do their job get poor evaluations. The food is worse than dog food and no they don't use lysol at all and they fell that's okay. For the guards that Administration demotes for no good reason they need to be reported to the labor board. The people in administration only push papers and have no experience in working in a jail or prison. they need to go work in maximum security prisons or either on death row. SSRJ NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!!!!
law questioner

United States

#7 Jul 7, 2012
Plain and simple....law in Virginia is not law...is completely f*** u*..that's what I think what y all think abaute it.???????
Concerned

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Not sure why there aren't more posts up here. People are being held in lockdown with only 15 minutes out of the cell every other day. What's worse is it's done after the phones are turned off and they can't even call family members. This is absolutely inhumane. Something needs to be done at this facility and soon!
real concerned

Unionville, VA

#9 Nov 6, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Not sure why there aren't more posts up here. People are being held in lockdown with only 15 minutes out of the cell every other day. What's worse is it's done after the phones are turned off and they can't even call family members. This is absolutely inhumane. Something needs to be done at this facility and soon!
Its so true bou ssrj.. not only the food sucks, thy put thm on lock for days with no baths or showers.. bt thy let thm out just tu put in their commissary thn lock thm back up.. I tryna find a way to expose thm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skippers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Narcotics anonymous felons criminals Fri Carlk 1
News Sloan charged with murder (Oct '08) Aug 14 reveal yourself 87
the worst people in emporia va if u know one co... Jul '15 Worst 3
Valentines Music Thread (Dec '14) Jun '15 Musikologist 3
speeding ticket in Emporia (Nov '07) Jun '15 Swift Boat Engineer 90
Age limits May '15 Julieanne 1
Review: K&C Beauty Salon Mar '15 disappointed 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skippers Mortgages