Two-Alarm Fire Rips Through Antique S...

Two-Alarm Fire Rips Through Antique Store - Regional News - Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Phila. St...

There are 17 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Two-Alarm Fire Rips Through Antique Store - Regional News - Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Phila. St.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

SKIPPACK TWP., Pa. -- Smoke is pouring from a building that houses an antique store as fire crews work to put out flames.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

sloan

Easton, PA

#1 Mar 3, 2011
weed
Nick Fountain

Wayne, PA

#2 Mar 3, 2011
The corner store has a lot of history. It is known as "Cork's" and was once a General Store in the Village of Creamery. It was built around 1850 and is currently part of the "Creamery Historic District". Prior to becoming an antique store, it housed the Creamery Post Office. It is upsetting to see a fire of this magnitude rip through a building that holds so much history.
timothy

Allentown, PA

#3 Mar 3, 2011
wow i live on 12 street were the gas leek was
Jess W

Dogue, VA

#4 Mar 4, 2011
Luckily, the man who lived there wasn't home at the time. And a neighbor told fire police to get his dog out as soon as they got on the scene. So both inhabitants are okay.
mick

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2011
did a man named henry live there, he told people
that he owned the place... he gave me a business card one time and said he was the owner, have not seen him around, was wondering if he was ok
Vapo Rub

Allentown, PA

#6 Mar 4, 2011
This was the work of Puerto Ricans from South Bethlehem!
Frankie One Thumb

Yonkers, NY

#7 Mar 4, 2011
Vapo Rub wrote:
This was the work of Puerto Ricans from South Bethlehem!
That's what you think.......
SandyBottoms

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 7, 2011
Vapo Rub - Quit pounding Vicks into your brain.
Robbie nel

Easton, PA

#9 Mar 7, 2011
i guess now the owner can advertise "distressed antiques for sale"
Vapo Rub

Allentown, PA

#10 Mar 7, 2011
SandyBottoms wrote:
Vapo Rub - Quit pounding Vicks into your brain.
Bottoms up there Sandy...!
Prince William

Allentown, PA

#11 Mar 7, 2011
Frankie One Thumb wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you think.......
Frankie one thumb...I have a right hand middle finger salute to you!
Frankie One Thumb

Yonkers, NY

#12 Mar 8, 2011
Prince William wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie one thumb...I have a right hand middle finger salute to you!
Wow. I'm intimidated now. Another internet tough guy. I don't even wanna know what you're doin' with your left hand......Prince.
Mike

Collegeville, PA

#13 Mar 9, 2011
Nick Fountain wrote:
The corner store has a lot of history. It is known as "Cork's" and was once a General Store in the Village of Creamery. It was built around 1850 and is currently part of the "Creamery Historic District". Prior to becoming an antique store, it housed the Creamery Post Office. It is upsetting to see a fire of this magnitude rip through a building that holds so much history.
The original part was a farmhouse of the mid to late 1700's. The store was founded well before 1850. It is still known today as "Bean's Store," for the Bean family who took over the store in 1880. Since then, a member of the Bean family operated the store until it closed about 1975.
Susan in Tampa-Florida

Tampa, FL

#15 Mar 13, 2011
This was my grandparents' home and store...Mary and Clement Bean. They raised their eight children there, one being my mother, Mildred.
One of my uncles was the post master in the store which housed a US post office. Another uncle was the butcher. The general store and the home were connected by a small room that held the only telephone back then. Food was sold downstairs and farming equipment and clothes, shoes and many other things were for sale upstairs. There was a gasoline pump out front and a big garage out back that, as I remember, housed a firetruck.
The building served as a gathering place for locals for many years. Many children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren spent wonderful times there.
Sally in Tampa FL

New Port Richey, FL

#16 Apr 25, 2011
Just happened to come across these postings when looking for more information about the fire to the home/store we knew always as home of our grandparents, Clement and Mary Bean. It was quite special to see my sister had written the above synopsis of our Mother's family home. It held years of wonderful memories for all of us grandkids. It was a unique experience to spend summer months here, ride in a van/truck with one of their employees delivering the grocery orders phoned in by surrounding families. We could walk up the road to the dairy and visit a relative of our grandfather who lived in a huge home along the way. Heading around the corner from the store area and up the road about 1/2 a mi on the right was the country school house where our Mother and all her siblings attended. It housed all students from grades 1 through 8....then they went to Collegeville High School. All of the eight children went on after high school for further formal education, be it college, nursing school or business school. We are so fortunate to have known this way of life and about our cherished heritage therein. What wonderful memories we have of these days. Experiences that kids today would probably find hard to imagine.
Super Fresh

Phoenixville, PA

#17 Apr 26, 2011
Is this the one on 113 near Creamery road? They probably did it on purpose knowing that the place would attract good money to rebuild the road there to go straigh through instead of that bad corner.
Michael McIntyre

Beaufort, SC

#18 May 6, 2014
Thank you Susan and Sally for sharing these wonderful stories of our family. Love to you both!
Michael McIntyre
Nanny, Laura Bean's grandson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skippack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Aug 29 Musikologist 23
News Dog running on interstate can't resist lure of ... Aug '18 Mona 2
Dont hire this scumbag (Feb '18) Jun '18 test 3
News Crisis plans important in active shooter prepar... Apr '18 going millennial 1
News 2 troopers accused of illegally accessing woman... Apr '18 beware of the po-po 1
News Teacher charged for alleged assault at Franklin... (Apr '09) Apr '18 Corey Treverson 30
News Woodal trial: Trooper recalls being shot Mar '18 Davenport 3

Skippack Jobs

Personal Finance

Skippack Mortgages