Local Church Food Drive

Local Church Food Drive

Posted in the Skippack Forum

Concerned Citizen

Souderton, PA

#1 Feb 18, 2013
There are local churches that collect & give food to the needy.

Thumbs down to those who have no mortgage payments, lie to the church about how many they have to feed at home & have more than double the poverty level and stop at the WAWA on your way to the church to buy $20.00 lottery tickets.

You are taking food from those who really need it in these hard times. Shame on you & those like you.

It is sad when the churches who try to help may have to begin verifying income & get signed statements from those you claim to feed.
At Christmas this year, I purchased 2-$15.00 food boxes at Giant grocery for the needy & saw YOU come home & brag about getting 3 of these boxes from the church.
Because of you I will no longer use the little money I have to try to help .
Anon

Souderton, PA

#2 Apr 10, 2013
This is very sad & I to have witnessed this.
I have a neighbor who gets disability & is working under the table who also goes to churches & lies about their situation to get free food from local churches.
This person is not very smart either. They brag about making $15.00 an hour off the books & collecting disability.
The irony of this is that this person complains about those getting food stamps for their children because they are having tough times & claims to be a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skippack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Mother's Love Child Care Center - Collegevill... Jul 23 collegevillemom 1
Reliable Moving/storage companies Jul 21 Muffin 2
Chesterbrook Academy v. Play & Learn Jul 15 Anonymous 2
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jul 13 Musikologist 19
News Pennsylvania State Trooper Arrested in Child Se... (Feb '11) Jul 3 Miles 5
Precious Moments Childcare (Jan '14) Jun '15 Cindy 2
Review: Progressive Family Eyecare - John F Slo... (Mar '11) May '15 HaTu0513 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skippack Mortgages