Palin Also Supported The "Road To Nowhere" (And May Still)

Sep 4, 2008 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com

While a debate rages over how honest Sarah Palin has been in stating her opposition to the infamous Bridge To Nowhere, another massive, widely-criticized transportation project is lingering in Alaska.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2008
Blame The Republicans

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Shall we just call it for what it is from Palin!

FLIP FLOPPER! ;-)
Kristin

Woodburn, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

I heard she built a road to the bridge to nowhere, is that the road TO nowhere or the road FROM nowhere?
Wake up FQQLZ

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Now she's the builing "The Bi0tch to Know Where"!
LongLivJerryWest

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

i thought she took a lot of cheap shots in her acceptance speech. What she was doing was baiting biden to jump on her when they debate. This is the tactic of the fearful.
Suburbia

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

A lot of Democrats think it is the Republicans who are deceivers and liars, not the other way around. And with good reason.

First, how else could a party dedicated to making rich people richer get ANY votes, other than from the wealthy? But they do. They tell people that making rich people richer will somehow "trickle down" to the rest of society. Doesn't quite work that way.

Second, they lie non-stop about an opponent, esp when the opponent leads in the polls. Good examples are from the speechs the last two nights from McCain and Palin. They both repeated lies that Obama was going to raise everyone's taxes, lies which have been debunked by independent groups such as Factcheck.org . Karl Rove did this for Bush against McCain in 2000. Seems McCain learned his lessons well.

Third, they steal the opponents ideas. Obama has been campaigning for change all along. McCain has criticized him for that, emphasizing "experience". Now, in a total reversal, McCain, with his 26 years in Washington, suddenly is the guy who is going to change Washington? Why didn't he do it before? He has been there long enough. Some change, he votes with Bush over 90% of the time. And he tossed "experience" out the window because it did not work, and selected the LEAST qualified (by experience) running mate possible.

If you want liars and hypocrites who promise change, but who are REALLY part of the Problem, vote for McCain. I'm not.
Bill Avoider

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Hmmm.... 4 years ago John Kerry announced that he "voted for the $80B before he voted against it" and you people had no problem with that. What gives? Is changing one's position OK or not???
Blame The Republicans wrote:
Shall we just call it for what it is from Palin!
FLIP FLOPPER! ;-)
Blame The Republicans

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Bill Avoider wrote:
Hmmm.... 4 years ago John Kerry announced that he "voted for the $80B before he voted against it" and you people had no problem with that. What gives? Is changing one's position OK or not???
<quoted text>
Now that the phrase "FLIP FLOPPER" is used against a REPUBLICAN, they are bothered by it's use.

How funny is that!~
LongLivJerryWest

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Bill Avoider wrote:
<quoted text>
4 years ago, you CONS made a big deal about kerry's 'flip-flopping', now when Palin does it, you want a pass. Thats what we are pointing out, how disingeuous you CONS are.
Chicago Guy

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

She has a high approval rate, but no one knows anything about her, yet.

McCain says she's been "throughly vetted-- no more questions!" but the press (& the American People) will say otherwise. She may be as good as they say, but will have to answer about:

-her misstatements on the "Bridge to Nowhere".
-her misrepresenation on the "ebay plane sale".
-why she attend six colleges in six years.
-why her husband belonged to a radical secessionist group in Alaska.
-how her policy of gobbling up earmarks meshes with McCain's sworn fight against them.
-how her taxing the oil companies to give each Alaskan a $3000 payout gibes with McCain's steadfast opposition to a windfall tax, and how her family (like most Alaskans) making $12K this year off of oil subsidies DIDN'T affect the rising price of gas in the US.

There will be a long debate, when and if she ever comes out of hiding. Remember, this woman has yet to answer a SINGLE QUESTION.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

To quote from another poster:

Sarah Palin=Dick Cheney in a bra
Nobama

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Palin didn't support the bridge..just the money it involved. She took the money and built seven new schools, a cancer treatment center ( first ever in that are ), two nursing homes, a new bus station and a water treatment plant.

Would the bridge have been better?

Another left wing blog scoop that blows up in their faces. Ha ha.
Mitch

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

The Hunter Biden scandal is just starting to gain ground. Millions diverted to his father's secret accounts.

Palin isn't so bad.
research

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

William Ayers...nuff said.
research

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Chicago Guy wrote:
She has a high approval rate, but no one knows anything about her, yet.
McCain says she's been "throughly vetted-- no more questions!" but the press (& the American People) will say otherwise. She may be as good as they say, but will have to answer about:
-her misstatements on the "Bridge to Nowhere".
-her misrepresenation on the "ebay plane sale".
-why she attend six colleges in six years.
-why her husband belonged to a radical secessionist group in Alaska.
-how her policy of gobbling up earmarks meshes with McCain's sworn fight against them.
-how her taxing the oil companies to give each Alaskan a $3000 payout gibes with McCain's steadfast opposition to a windfall tax, and how her family (like most Alaskans) making $12K this year off of oil subsidies DIDN'T affect the rising price of gas in the US.
There will be a long debate, when and if she ever comes out of hiding. Remember, this woman has yet to answer a SINGLE QUESTION.
Where have you been ?:

bridge: she spent the money on important things
ebay: never said she sold it on ebay only put it on ebay. A broker saw it on ebay and negotiated to buy it.
college: who cares? she graduated with honors
radical group: already disproven

The other things a bit of a stretch. Come on.

How can you even worry about this stuff with the William Ayers scandal growing?
LongLivJerryWest

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Nobama wrote:
Palin didn't support the bridge..just the money it involved. She took the money and built seven new schools, a cancer treatment center ( first ever in that are ), two nursing homes, a new bus station and a water treatment plant.
Would the bridge have been better?
Another left wing blog scoop that blows up in their faces. Ha ha.
not really, she would have loved the bridge as long as she didnt have a pay a dime for it.

sarah palin=dick chaney in a bra

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Do have admiration for this great woman. She's achieved a lot in her time. But I was alarmed to see McCain at the RNC and how much he's aged, he even had difficulty moving. Who knows what could happen that she would have to take over? Geez, that would be a fright.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Judged:

my hope is
or, alternatively
what Iím going to do is set a vision

Iím going to continue to listen
all of which is going to contribute to
the overarching strategy

keep in mind
the challenges we face
ultimately, I think
itís work that must be done

I believe my approach is the right one
I have a track record that will assure
that we mean business
in a whole host of issues

what I can say is that
what I was referring to and have consistently referred to
as I said before
I've said that not just today, not just yesterday

let me finish

first of all
a lot of folks
we have to recognize

there is no doubt
I would not be doing my job if I didnít pay attention to the facts
those are the factors and issues that I will take into account as president
that would be something that I would have to make the decision on, if I am President of the United States - Barack Obama

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Viva wrote:
Do have admiration for this great woman. She's achieved a lot in her time. But I was alarmed to see McCain at the RNC and how much he's aged, he even had difficulty moving. Who knows what could happen that she would have to take over? Geez, that would be a fright.
That's the plan. gramps mcsame is disposable. I bet he resigns for health reasons, if god forbid they steal the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Skagway Discussions

Search the Skagway Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Road Trip To SKAGWAY Jul 18 Lorry 1
the music thread (Mar '12) May '14 Musikologist 25
Review: Diamonds International Apr '14 andy 1
Sarah Palin will never win an election no matte... Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
Sarah Palin is a Big panocha that need filling. Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
The best free onli ne dati ng website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Scott Mustoe 1
The secrets to success (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laquita Bredlow 1
•••
•••