Sarah Palin: I Went to Canada for Hea...

Sarah Palin: I Went to Canada for Health Care as a Child

There are 727 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 8, 2010, titled Sarah Palin: I Went to Canada for Health Care as a Child. In it, CBS News reports that:

Former Republican vice presidential candidate said on Saturday that as a child growing up in Alaska she "used to hustle on over the border for health care" in Canada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

infidel

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Mar 8, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Do us all a favor and continue not voting.
AGREED !
infidel

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Mar 8, 2010
Smokin Joe Obama wrote:
Maybe Tina Fey should go to Canada.
The Hollywood sewer pied pipers to your home said at the awards last night that she is glamorous...WHAT?
Do they give out free face lifts so that the next time she plays Palin, she at least could come close to Palins good looks.
That squashed and squinched face of Feys resembles the wicked witch of the west.
She is the new Hollywood hero since the SNL skit.
looks like a perfect Sarah.......... too bad 4 U, huh ?

actually she makes a better sarah, and one with out a retard hanging on her nipple.

did you know sarah apparently tells her family to get her retarded baby for her......
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#24 Mar 8, 2010
Did she go fising and hunting for health care?

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Rowlett, TX

#25 Mar 8, 2010
Canada has only had the current single payer health system for 25 years.

Palin was relating events from the 1960's before the Canadians had socialized medicine.

http://bcn.boulder.co.us/health/healthwatch/c...

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#26 Mar 8, 2010
she should have stayed over there.
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#27 Mar 8, 2010
Like 62,000,00 for printers...For NASA
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#28 Mar 8, 2010
And Steve's call on the Stimulas to SAVE you money?

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Rowlett, TX

#29 Mar 8, 2010
A more accurate and up-to-date comparison of the two systems comes from the Canadian premier who went to Florida for heart surgery because he didn't want to die waiting in line for his free heathcare in Canada.

http://www.redstate.com/racebannon/2010/02/23...

“This was my heart, my choice and my health,” Williams said.

”I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”
Abner

Tacoma, WA

#30 Mar 8, 2010
I have what's probably considered to be "average" health insurance.
To stay within my network, I have to schedule 3-4 weeks out for almost everything, including an annual checkup.
I called a doctor in Vancouver, BC. on Monday, I was able to see the doctor Friday of the same week. Even after deductibles, I paid less than 1/4 of what I would have been charged in Seattle..including a couple pretty spendy exams that are typical for a 60 yr old male.
I have friends with no coverage who go to Canada for treatment..without long lines, etc.
My brother 400.00 (approx) for dental work that would have cost him 3500 + in Portland, Or.

I've posted before that I've had first hand experience with my dieing father, mother, and my best friends wife..that totally refute and debunk the fear-mongering rumors about "death panels" (i.e. Oregon's Death With Dignity Act and Washington State's Measure 1100).

The World Health Organization rated the Health Care in the US at 37th in the world. This year we rate 38th.

Our system is broken.
guest

Russellville, AR

#31 Mar 8, 2010
All that "you betcha" and "hopey-changey" bullsh/t she speaks makes her look dumb as a rock. Why can't she see that? She is a HUGE PHONY. She makes me want to vomit. She has no likeability with regular people. I believe in Consevative principles, it's not about her policy, it's about her SNARKY personality. She's a SMARTASS BITCH.

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#32 Mar 9, 2010
Abner wrote:
I have what's probably considered to be "average" health insurance.
To stay within my network, I have to schedule 3-4 weeks out for almost everything, including an annual checkup.
I called a doctor in Vancouver, BC. on Monday, I was able to see the doctor Friday of the same week. Even after deductibles, I paid less than 1/4 of what I would have been charged in Seattle..including a couple pretty spendy exams that are typical for a 60 yr old male.
I have friends with no coverage who go to Canada for treatment..without long lines, etc.
My brother 400.00 (approx) for dental work that would have cost him 3500 + in Portland, Or.
I've posted before that I've had first hand experience with my dieing father, mother, and my best friends wife..that totally refute and debunk the fear-mongering rumors about "death panels" (i.e. Oregon's Death With Dignity Act and Washington State's Measure 1100).
The World Health Organization rated the Health Care in the US at 37th in the world. This year we rate 38th.
Our system is broken.
America has the best doctors and hospitals in the world. Nobummer will destory that. All we need to do is find a way to help the ones without insurance, which can be done without destroying the quality of the our hospitals and doctors.

http://hospitals.webometrics.info/top1000.asp
Dupes

Boston, MA

#33 Mar 9, 2010
"America has the best doctors and hospitals in the world."

And your insurance company uses 1 of every 3 dollars for admin and bonus' instead of paying them!

We rate 37th, not first.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34 Mar 9, 2010
guest wrote:
All that "you betcha" and "hopey-changey" bullsh/t she speaks makes her look dumb as a rock. Why can't she see that? She is a HUGE PHONY. She makes me want to vomit. She has no likeability with regular people. I believe in Consevative principles, it's not about her policy, it's about her SNARKY personality. She's a SMARTASS BITCH.
I agree, although I think she is a DUMBASS BITCH.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#35 Mar 9, 2010
That's sad. When exactly did they start the DEATH PANELS she has in her head???? LOL
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#36 Mar 9, 2010
More HYPOCRISY, but that was a long time ago, right????? One day Bristol will be saying the same thing. "I was for SOCIALIZED health care, before I was against it," with respect to her Alaska SOCIALIST health care for her child, even though her child has a father, mother, and grandparents who refuse to pay for the health care of their spawn/grandspawn.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#37 Mar 9, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
A more accurate and up-to-date comparison of the two systems comes from the Canadian premier who went to Florida for heart surgery because he didn't want to die waiting in line for his free heathcare in Canada.
http://www.redstate.com/racebannon/2010/02/23...
“This was my heart, my choice and my health,” Williams said.
”I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”
You are exactly correct. Isn't it convenient how "little facts" like that are left out of the liberal equation. Why is the left SO scared of Palin? Right now they ought to be scared of each other as they whistle past the healthcare graveyard. It is only a question of how long before the liberal left implodes.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#38 Mar 9, 2010
Herman45 wrote:
I hate to admitted, I do not vote. But if Sarah Palin runs in 2012, I will vote for her. That's what this country needs that kind of change.
LOL Let me guess because you like hypocrisy as much as you hate education?

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#39 Mar 9, 2010
Dupes wrote:
"America has the best doctors and hospitals in the world."
And your insurance company uses 1 of every 3 dollars for admin and bonus' instead of paying them!
We rate 37th, not first.
Insurance profit margins are at about 3 or 4%, not 33%. This is an industry like any other that has shareholders that expect dividends on their investment. Also out of those administrative costs come legal fees. Insurance companies have infrastructure to maintain and employees to pay. They also have to pay taxes from that income. Most big employers use insurance companies for "Administrative Services Only" and the claims are paid out of the company's bank account; then "stop-loss" insurance is purchased by the employer to keep from being bankrupted in the event of very high claims.

Don't get me wrong, insurance companies don't always acts in a patient's best interest, but let's at least get the facts right.

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#40 Mar 9, 2010
c k dexter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, although I think she is a DUMBASS BITCH.
Did you think of that all by yourself?

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#41 Mar 9, 2010
Dupes wrote:
"America has the best doctors and hospitals in the world."
And your insurance company uses 1 of every 3 dollars for admin and bonus' instead of paying them!
We rate 37th, not first.
Didn't read the article did you? Explain why people all over the world including the Canadian prime minister come here for surgery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skagway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 27
News 4.8 earthquake rattles Southeast Alaska (Nov '14) Nov '14 Vicky 1
Lance caldwell (Oct '14) Oct '14 a victim 1
Road Trip To SKAGWAY (Jul '14) Jul '14 Lorry 1
Review: Diamonds International (Apr '14) Apr '14 andy 1
Sarah Palin will never win an election no matte... (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
Sarah Palin is a Big panocha that need filling. (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
More from around the web

Skagway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]