Sarah Palin: I Went to Canada for Health Care as a Child

Full story: CBS News 727
Former Republican vice presidential candidate said on Saturday that as a child growing up in Alaska she "used to hustle on over the border for health care" in Canada. Full Story
First Prev
of 37
Next Last
Dupes

Boston, MA

#1 Mar 8, 2010
I think it highlights three important points.

1) Palin proves Canada's Sicialised Healthcare is more affordable.

2) Americans go there for Healthcare, not the reverse as the GOP claim.

3) Sara supports "good union jobs"!

Since: Mar 10

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#2 Mar 8, 2010
I hate to admitted, I do not vote. But if Sarah Palin runs in 2012, I will vote for her. That's what this country needs that kind of change.

Judged:

10

10

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#3 Mar 8, 2010
Yet another shining demonstration that there simply is no end to what Sarah Palin will be a hypocrite about.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 8, 2010
"The Herald notes that Palin had reportedly previously told a different version of this story in which her brother was treated in Juneau after a ferry trip"

Yea, I think I'll cast 2 votes for Sarah. Here's a candidate who lies but has the courage to at least be proud she is a liar. Hope you run in 2012 Sarah.
Common Sense

Altamonte Springs, FL

#6 Mar 8, 2010
Herman45 wrote:
I hate to admitted, I do not vote. But if Sarah Palin runs in 2012, I will vote for her. That's what this country needs that kind of change.
Do us all a favor and continue not voting.
Common Sense

Altamonte Springs, FL

#7 Mar 8, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
"The Herald notes that Palin had reportedly previously told a different version of this story in which her brother was treated in Juneau after a ferry trip"
Yea, I think I'll cast 2 votes for Sarah. Here's a candidate who lies but has the courage to at least be proud she is a liar. Hope you run in 2012 Sarah.
I personally don't think she realizes that when she says one thing in Alaska and another in Iowa that the technology is there to expose her. I think she lives by the notion like kids scared of monsters do. They put their head under the covers and act like if they can't see the monster then the monster can't see them.

This is Sara Palin, she just ignores her stupidity when exposed and makes a feeble attempt to chalk it up to "liberal media" going after her unfairly while she does shows on liberal media and pays liberal media to advertise her speaking engagements.

She is a hypocrite and the farthest thing from what this country needs. I could go on for days about why she isn't even close to being qualified but the main point would be her own party doesn't think she is a viable candidate.

She needs to stick to reality television and book tour signings because she clearly isn't capable of handling anything inside the beltway.
Alabama

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 8, 2010
Herman45 wrote:
I hate to admitted, I do not vote. But if Sarah Palin runs in 2012, I will vote for her. That's what this country needs that kind of change.
Maybe you should stick to not voting.

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#9 Mar 8, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>I personally don't think she realizes that when she says one thing in Alaska and another in Iowa that the technology is there to expose her. I think she lives by the notion like kids scared of monsters do. They put their head under the covers and act like if they can't see the monster then the monster can't see them.
This is Sara Palin, she just ignores her stupidity when exposed and makes a feeble attempt to chalk it up to "liberal media" going after her unfairly while she does shows on liberal media and pays liberal media to advertise her speaking engagements.
She is a hypocrite and the farthest thing from what this country needs. I could go on for days about why she isn't even close to being qualified but the main point would be her own party doesn't think she is a viable candidate.
She needs to stick to reality television and book tour signings because she clearly isn't capable of handling anything inside the beltway.
You're absolutely correct.

But none of your valid facts matter because the only thing her supporters care about is their fantasies about her handling what's inside their belt BUCKLE.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#10 Mar 8, 2010
Dupes wrote:
I think it highlights three important points.
1) Palin proves Canada's Sicialised Healthcare is more affordable.
2) Americans go there for Healthcare, not the reverse as the GOP claim.
3) Sara supports "good union jobs"!
I would like to comment on two of your posts.

1. When one considers what Canadians pay in taxes, balanced against what they get in health care "affordable" is open to debate.

2. Americans are not going to Canada for health care, they can't get it! You need a Canadian citizenship to get health care unless you're injured while traveling in Canada, then you'll get care needed to save your life. The truth is that Canadians are comming to the US for health care if they can afford it.

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#11 Mar 8, 2010
I have the best prescription medications that the Mexican Peso can buy.
Smokin Joe Obama

Anchorage, AK

#12 Mar 8, 2010
GunnySteve wrote:
I have the best prescription medications that the Mexican Peso can buy.
You also have an expired subscription card to the American Communist party...better pay up...red!

HAHAHEHEHEHAHEHALOLOLOLOO
Smokin Joe Obama

Anchorage, AK

#13 Mar 8, 2010
Maybe Tina Fey should go to Canada.

The Hollywood sewer pied pipers to your home said at the awards last night that she is glamorous...WHAT?

Do they give out free face lifts so that the next time she plays Palin, she at least could come close to Palins good looks.

That squashed and squinched face of Feys resembles the wicked witch of the west.

She is the new Hollywood hero since the SNL skit.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#14 Mar 8, 2010
Ohh, my gawwwwwd, this can't be true for Palin?

Using "socialized medicine".

Tut tut tut.

(If you "need a Canadian citizenship to get health care" (as stated above), you certainly don't need to show citizenship in Britain to qualify for health CARE as I have availed of their medical services on visits and have never (repeat Never) paid for health CARE - only a few pounds for antibiotics.)
Dupes

Boston, MA

#15 Mar 8, 2010
http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedSta... (3).pdf

"Americans are not going to Canada for health care, they can't get it!"

Looks to me like assertation without proof.
Karen

Bremerton, WA

#16 Mar 8, 2010
She was five years old! Did you expect her to kick, and scream to her parents it was going to be against her future policies.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#17 Mar 8, 2010
Dupes wrote:
http://www.deloitte.com/assets /Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Ass ets/Documents/us_chs_MedicalTo urismStudy(3).pdf
"Americans are not going to Canada for health care, they can't get it!"
Looks to me like assertation without proof.
I'll gladly pass your comment on to my wife, who is a Canadian citizen.

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#18 Mar 8, 2010
Smokin Joe Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have an expired subscription card to the American Communist party...better pay up...red!
HAHAHEHEHEHAHEHALOLOLOLOO
Go Cheney yourself, troll.

What's really pathetic, is that you actually *DO* sit there an laugh like that at your own asinine postings.
Ego te absolvo

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Mar 8, 2010
These hyper critics wouldn't even know about Palin as a child unless she was an exceedingly honest person. They're just continued examples of Democrat mean spiritedness.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#20 Mar 8, 2010
Smokin Joe Obama wrote:
Do they give out free face lifts so that the next time she plays Palin,
The very-elegant-at-the-Oscar-Fey does not need a face lift to pay Palin or anyone else because she nails stupidity right on the head when she plays Palin.

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#21 Mar 8, 2010
Herman45 wrote:
I hate to admitted, I do not vote. But if Sarah Palin runs in 2012, I will vote for her. That's what this country needs that kind of change.
You're being sarcastic...right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 37
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skagway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4.8 earthquake rattles Southeast Alaska Nov '14 Vicky 1
Lance caldwell Oct '14 a victim 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Oct '14 Musikologist 26
Road Trip To SKAGWAY Jul '14 Lorry 1
Review: Diamonds International (Apr '14) Apr '14 andy 1
Sarah Palin will never win an election no matte... (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
Sarah Palin is a Big panocha that need filling. (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
Skagway Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Skagway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Skagway News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Skagway

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:32 am PST